Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

<< Previous121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2008-12-22 Name: G. Bradley
Location: Indiana

"Not happy"
Purchased a house with a Lennox CompleteHeat system. In the 2 plus years in the house, have had 7 service calls, including 3 where all heat and hot water failed. Knocking noise is unbelievable. The contractor who services is the former owner of the house and has let it slip that these units are problematic and that Lennox is not even making some of the parts anymore. Another Lennox contractor has told me that this is only the 3rd one of these he's seen and the other 2 have already been replaced! Nearly 2 grand has been spent and it is only a matter of time until it fails again. Spending time in the next two weeks getting quotes on replacement units. Unfortunately, this means both a furnace and hot water heater.

Date created: 2008-12-20 Name: Lisa

"Lennox"
Our unit will not get above 63 Its freezing. In 3 yrs we have had 8 service calls no one knows what is wrong with it. We have replaced all kinds of parts. It still 3 yrs later doesn’t work. What a pos.....

Date created: 2008-12-10 Name: K. Hampshrie
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Furnace parts and repair"
We installed a Lennox gas furnace in our new home 9 years ago. In the last two and a half years we have had to replace the main circuit board twice (at a cost of almost $900 each time). Presently we have been without heat for over a week while the service company is waiting for delivery of another circuit board. Obviously there is a design fault with the circuit board or the furnace. There is also a problem with parts and delivery. We have been sitting in an unheated house, in below zero temperatures for a week trying to keep our pipes from freezing. Totally unacceptable!! K & C Hampshire

Date created: 2008-12-05 Name: J Rod
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Lennox G26"
Have been very pleased with this unit. Very energy efficient, I think even more than it is rated. Have had two parts replaced. An ignition switch and a blower control motor. I have notice over the years, the combustion air induction motor has gotten louder, with a sort of "vibration" sound. This motor runs at a very high rpm, and I guess after 14 years it is dirty and wearing out. The part cost will be about $250 for a Lennox part. Not sure how much labor to replace it. I plan to do it my self, as it is so easy. So all in all, very pleased with operation and very view problems over the years. It has a service/maintenance agreement most of those years, so it is checked once in the heat and once in the cool seasons.

Date created: 2008-12-02 Name: R. Harris

"G14 pulse furnace"
Seems ok

Date created: 2008-11-30 Name: Arthur Bode
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

"46 years still on the job"
Installed in 1963 my Lennox has never had a major problem. A fan belt 15 years ago, new filters every two years and a drop of oil in the fan bearings every two years. Granted in Southern California I only use the furnace five and one half months a year and then usually only in the mornings.

Date created: 2008-11-26 Name: Len
Location: Southern Ontario

"Lennox G26 Gas Furnace installed 1997"
We had a very bad experience with this furnace, with issues that seem to resonate with a lot of other Lennox owners of this particular line. We have had the Blower motor replaced, exuhst motor replaced, electronic control module replaced, several service calls by reputable contractors (more then one). It stopped working again a few days ago, So we are giving up on it and are getting a replacement. I am not sure if newer Lennox units are more reliable, but I am not planning on taking another chance on a Lennox. Righ now I am considering Trane, Goodman and Carrier all of which seem to have their strengths.

Date created: 2008-11-22 Name: J Todd
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Lennox G51 Gas Furnace"
I purchased a new furnace and heat pump/air conditioner in the summer of 2006. I've been very satisfied with both units and they seem to work flawlessly together to keep my house warm. My gas usage in the winter months has dropped by 61%. My old furnace was 18 years old. My electric usage has increased but due to the special heating rate offered by my electric utility and the efficiency of the heat pump, the combined cost to heat my home has dropped in real dollars and even more considering that the price we pay for natural gas has risen 41% between 2006 and 2008.

Date created: 2008-11-20 Name: DAVE SMITH
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

"Mr."
Lennox g8-105 great furnace, low maintance.

Date created: 2008-11-12 Name: Uninformed buyer
Location: Canada

"What model do you have"
Re: Name: Alf Location: Okotoks Years owned: 10 Review: Replacing the board 3 times in 10 years is unacceptable My question is, what model # is this? You can't just make such a general statement with no particulars.

<< Previous121314151617181920212223Next >>