Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2008-11-30 Name: Arthur Bode
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

"46 years still on the job"
Installed in 1963 my Lennox has never had a major problem. A fan belt 15 years ago, new filters every two years and a drop of oil in the fan bearings every two years. Granted in Southern California I only use the furnace five and one half months a year and then usually only in the mornings.

Date created: 2008-11-26 Name: Len
Location: Southern Ontario

"Lennox G26 Gas Furnace installed 1997"
We had a very bad experience with this furnace, with issues that seem to resonate with a lot of other Lennox owners of this particular line. We have had the Blower motor replaced, exuhst motor replaced, electronic control module replaced, several service calls by reputable contractors (more then one). It stopped working again a few days ago, So we are giving up on it and are getting a replacement. I am not sure if newer Lennox units are more reliable, but I am not planning on taking another chance on a Lennox. Righ now I am considering Trane, Goodman and Carrier all of which seem to have their strengths.

Date created: 2008-11-22 Name: J Todd
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Lennox G51 Gas Furnace"
I purchased a new furnace and heat pump/air conditioner in the summer of 2006. I've been very satisfied with both units and they seem to work flawlessly together to keep my house warm. My gas usage in the winter months has dropped by 61%. My old furnace was 18 years old. My electric usage has increased but due to the special heating rate offered by my electric utility and the efficiency of the heat pump, the combined cost to heat my home has dropped in real dollars and even more considering that the price we pay for natural gas has risen 41% between 2006 and 2008.

Date created: 2008-11-20 Name: DAVE SMITH
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

"Mr."
Lennox g8-105 great furnace, low maintance.

Date created: 2008-11-12 Name: Uninformed buyer
Location: Canada

"What model do you have"
Re: Name: Alf Location: Okotoks Years owned: 10 Review: Replacing the board 3 times in 10 years is unacceptable My question is, what model # is this? You can't just make such a general statement with no particulars.

Date created: 2008-10-30 Name: Tim
Location: Janesville, WI

"Pulse"
Both the Pulse furnace and A/C are 24 years old. The A/C has never had a repair, only bi-annual checks and cleaning. Heat exchanger on the furnace was replaced at no charge 10 years ago. Factory service is performed bi-annually and usually only a new spark plug is needed. I do maintain co2 detectors by furnace and in hall by bedrooms. Very satisfied with unit and with service personnel. I agree with everyone that trained and qualified service personnel make a huge difference.

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: Alf
Location: Okotoks

"Lennox circuit board"
Replacing the board 3 times in 10 years is unacceptable

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Maureen
Location: McHenry, IL

"Lennox 12 year models are junk!!"
Bought my house w/a Lennox WhisperHeat 1 stage Lennox model. It also came w/a 10 seer - 3 ton- r-22 coolant air conditioner unit. Within 5 years of living in the house, the air conditioner sprung a "hairline" leak that the tech can't find - likely on the condenser itself. Had the furnace checked & cleaned to find the "Heat Exchanger" needs replacing ($1,000+ part) that still has 8 years on the heat exchange warranty but doesn't cover the quoted $400 labor charge. Economical bottom line - I need to replace the whole system. HVAC contractors coming out for quotes tell me the Lennox "Whisperheat" was a lousy model for heat exchangers and the air conditioner unit was the 'builders low end model'. In a nutshell - buyer beware of buying a house thinking all's well for at least 10 years. This house has been one major repair after another and this HVAC system replacement is a double-whammy!

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Chuck Bray
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada

"Lennox (lemon)"
Very unhappy with new Lennox furnace. Bought their best, high efficiency in 2004/'05. It blew its original fan at approx 20 months of age. Has now blown the second fan (last night) at approx another 20 months, Sept 8 '08. We let fan run 24/7 for air circulation, & are scrupulous about cleaning air filters every 2-3 weeks. Buyer beware!

Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: Ken

"Pulse 21"
The Pulse 21 was/is the most efficient furnace ever produced. It has a 96.2% AFUE rating. The only problem I had was a failing control board this year which was replaced free of charge with my annual maintenance plan. I will be really sad to see this furnace go because whatever furnace I decide to purchase next will increase the payment due amount on my gas bill.

<< Previous121314151617181920212223Next >>