Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous11121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: Nick
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Not even good enough to heat a home in Florida!"
I purchased my home in 2006 (the home was built in 2003). My inspector told me he didn't like the saound and the rust on the furnace and advised me to check it out. The previous home owner said he wouldn't pay for any repairs and that the house was brand new there could be nothing wrong with the furnace. I foolishly agreed and a week after I moved in, I was hit with a $600 repair bill. I've lived in the house for almost 3 years and have dumped almost $2,500 into this absolutely horrible unit built by Lennox. I can't believe that companies can make such a terrible product and still have the nerve to advertise their brand proudly. It is an absolute outrage and I hope that they come to their senses soon. It's just not right! Maintaining a house in Canada is expensive enough with the gas, electricity, and property tax, now we have to add an extra $100/month to maintain a furnace? When can we get a break?

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: b panchiv
Location: Calgary

"Lennox g61"
What a piece of crap. have had repairmen here 11 times in just over a year. still have on going problems. circuit boards, various switches and sensors. do not buy one of these.

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: Ray Axelson
Location: East Bethel, Minnesota

"Lennox furnace"
Bought thru a local dealer and installed it with the help of my father-in- law. The house was struck by lightning in 1991 and the circuit board was destroyed. Replaced by the same dealer and has worked fine with no problems till now. The heat exchanger started leaking, but after 25 years of use I would leak a little too. Great furnace. Hate to see it go.

Date created: 2009-01-27 Name: mjd
Location: Buffalo, New York

"Older is better?"
I have owned the Lennox for 28 years. The unit was 15 years old when I bought the house. Other than replacing one blower motor at a cost of $50. I had no problems with it. I live in western ny, and it does get cold here. My house is as warm as I set it for. Yes, it was a bit loud when the motor kicked on, but at 50 plus years old, thats small problem. The unit has finally given up the ghost and will be replaced, simply because parts are unavailable for it. I can't complain.

Date created: 2009-01-25 Name: Walter J
Location: Emeryville, Ontario, Canada

"LENNOX PULSE"
I am presently going through frustration with the Lennox dealers here.

Date created: 2009-01-22 Name: Dave
Location: Denver, CO

"Update"
Update from previous post. Lennox GV61/Seer17 Air. This equipment is the best. It was professionally installed and maintained. Not one problem in 3 years and I do not forsee any. It is all about the installation. Listen people. Pay the price and get union labor to do your install and you will be forever pleased with any brand. Dig into the internet and read what the industry people have to say. You get what you pay for. The Lennox equipment is top of the line just make sure you know who is doing the install and how long has their company been in business in your area. Common sense will take you far.

Date created: 2009-01-17 Name: D. Harrell
Location: Rome, Georgia

"Lennox 80uhg375-a-3"
The first few days of owning the furnace I had problems. The company that sold me the junk came out a couple of times but they even gave up. I got a new company to check it out and boy is the cost rising. I have had 3 service calls in 3 days. It is cold and this is ridiclious. I am glad I saw this site because I thought the company I am using was ripping me off. I see now it is the unit. This is just the begining of 09. I have spent almost 600.00 in these few days. Waiting for a repairman to come today. I guess I will need to replace the furnace also. They should last longer than 1 -10 years. I purchased mine in 2000. I am the average worker and can't hanle costly repairs. I paid in good faith for a good product. I should have received one.

Date created: 2009-01-09 Name: M. Wheeler
Location: Northern Virginia

"A real POS"
I have replaced everything within the unit multiple times and spent hundreds of dollars every year since I purchased it. The unit was installed by one of the more reputable dealers in the area and it still failed within two-months of installation. Lennox sent an "updated" circuit board, blower, igniter, ect. and the unit failed again eight-months later. I contacted Lennox "customer service" (an oxymoron) and they simply stated that they would not address my problems and that it was the responsibility of a local Lennox dealer to do so. I will heat my home with a wood burning fireplace before I ever purchase another Lennox product. Their product is poorly engineered, expensive to purchase, very expensive to maintain, unreliable, and not recommended. Also living proof that the purchase of an expensive, top-of-the-line unit by made by this company is a regretable expenditure.

Date created: 2009-01-05 Name: S Ebling
Location: Boulder, CO

"Untimely Expensive Reapir"
I sprang for top of the line variable speed high efficiency furnace only now to find that the control board, relay and end capacitors (?) need to be replaced for over a $1000, and a cold watt for parts in January... I feel Lennox should stand by their product and suck up at least some of the cost of an untimely repair. I would be happy to join others in an attempt for reconciliation.

Date created: 2009-01-04 Name: R R
Location: Vail, CO

"Lennox control Board"
I would be going on to my third control board on a 10 year old Lennox furnace. It is a $250 part from Lennox $450 to $1500 from contractors. but Lennox does not stock the part and is 2 weeks out on delivery. it was -13 this morning so I had to shut off all water to the home and drain lines. now I am searching for a reliable product.

<< Previous11121314151617181920212223Next >>