Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-06-05 Location: Griffith, IN

"This is a review of the quality of my furnace and my satifaction."
This is the best furnace that I have ever owned because it is self cleaning and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I have also recommended this product to all of my neighbors and for my family and friends. The fact that I only need to change the filter twice per year also saves me a lot of money per year. In the future I will be recommending the Lennox furnace and air conditioning system for myself and all of the other people that I recommended it to in the past.

Date created: 2015-05-22 Location: Dallas, TX

"My experience with my Lennox home furnace, Merit Series Ml195 gas furnace"
My family and I have had this furnace for approximate 4 years. We chose this furnace when we had our home built. We made the choice to purchase this particular furnace because of reviews that we read online. Employees that we talked to at different stores and some of our acquaintances had this particular model. One of the things I like about this furnace is that it is extremely efficient when it comes to energy; it is rated at having a 95% efficiency rating, I love that. It saves us quite a bit of money. I also love that it is stainless steel. I honestly have nothing negative to say about this furnace. It serves it's purpose for us and we have never had any problems with it at all. I would definitely by this furnace again if I had the choice; I wouldn't hesitate one bit about purchasing this furnace in the future. I've ready recommend this furnace to many of my friends that are in the market for a new furnace, it's always my #1 choice.

Date created: 2015-04-24 Location: Los Angeles, CA

"A flawlessly operating machine"
I love my furnace. It works perfectly and has for years. I have owned my Elite furnace for 10 years. It uses 2/3 electrical usage of a normal furnace. This is great. it has two stages of heating which minimizes temperature swings. This allows me to save on energy bills while maintaining comfort. It's ultra low continuous fan speed provides a quiet and consistent flow of air into the home. It meets U.S. Federal guidelines for energy efficiency. It is a compact furnace so it is small in size. I don't like how much it cost me. I haven't found that the ultra low speed fan has put out too little air but i have heard from others that they had a problem with this. it has worked perfectly for me. I have a small house so perhaps this is the reason. But I had to buy a new one so I had to invest. I have never had to repair or replace it. I would buy this brand again and recommend it to everyone.

Date created: 2015-04-03 Location: Nineveh, NY

"Residencial Furnace Review for Fuel Oil Burners"
We own a very old and drafty home, with many large rooms. Previous owners could not afford to heat it and we struggled until we replaced our old furnace with a Lennox. We immediately saw a difference in the amount of oil we used through out the cold Northeastern winter months. Unfortunately, we had a very bad flood and lost it, but we didn't hesitate for replace it with another Lennox. This time, we got a more efficient model, and couldn't be happier. Our new Lennox is clean and quiet. The filter system keeps the dust down and the humidifier that is attached to the side, keeps us comfortable all winter long, and cuts down on static. Maintenance is easy. we have the Lennox dealer come and replace all the filters and maintain it, each fall, even though we could do this ourselves. I would recommend this brand to anyone. We have owned it for 3 years now, and haven't had a problem. WE could really use a furnace with more BTUs since in sub zero weather, it does have trouble keeping up, but that is really our fault for not picking a larger model. All in all, there really isn't much we don't like about it.

Date created: 2015-01-30 Name: Glen
Location: Ohio

"Good furnace"
This furnace has been very reliable, with only one problem in 15 years. We had a clogged condensate drain & the furnace shut down, this was actually a maintenance issue. I notice that all brands have many negative reviews. Proper installation is the key to quiet, efficient & trouble free operation.

Date created: 2015-01-11 Name: JD Miller
Location: Richardson, TX

"I had a Lennox 3 ton unit in my home"
I had a Lennox 3 ton unit in my home, built in 1982. It had to have a new compressor, several sets of contactors on the outside AC unit, a new outdoor fan motor, a new indoor fan motor, and a new gas valve, all over a period of 20 years. The unit was serviced regularly by a Lennox contractor for the first 15 years. I did not see any benefit to paying their rate after so many failures, so I switched to an independent to service it for the next 5 years or so. Based on the repeated repairs of failing components, I decided to replace the unit when it needed a second indoor blower motor. Now on to the G24M I put in my current home 15+ years ago, installed by a Lennox dealer. This unit was a mid-efficiency unit when it was installed. It has an electronic ignition that was designed to save gas by eliminating the standing pilot light. I have replaced the control board three (3) times. The first time was about $600 from my Lennox dealer. The second time, it required conversion of the spark igniter to hot surface ignition, and was about $400 using an independent dealer. This third time I had an independent replace it for $200. Its a universal unit, as there is no direct replacement from White Rodgers. The universal unit does not have adjustable blower time after the gas shuts off and it's too short, so now the blower will re-cycle after the unit shuts down. I have also replaced the combustion blower ($$$), the indoor blower capacitor and several furnace limit switches. I have had issues with the vacuum line having water freeze in it between the combustion blower and the limit switch, rendering the unit inoperable. This was misdiagnosed by the Lennox dealer, and when I pointed it out after fixing it myself, no refund was offered for all the parts they replaced that were not needed. They even had the gall to tell me the unit was worn out and needed to be replaced. On the AC side, I have had a leak in the evaporator core for 10 years. Nobody wants to touch that repair. The outside contactors were replaced a couple of times, but I am told every time it is serviced it needs new contactors. The last couple of summers I have been told the Freon smells like acid, indicating the compressor is going out. I spent $5000 on this POS back in the late 90's. I could buy a lot of natural gas for the cost of all the repairs due to the fancy electronics. Crap, they are giving away gas here due to oversupply. And what is the environmental cost of making and disposing of all these electronic parts?

Date created: 2014-10-06 Name: paul mallory
Location: Phelpston, Ontario

"Lennox furnaces are shit"
8 yrs and $2500.00 later, the computer board goes. Lennox says tough. A garbage company.

Date created: 2014-03-19 Name: D. Kaufman
Location: Loveland, CO

"Furnace"
I've been a Lennox user for 30 years and when the flood hit my area last September, I had 6 feet of water in my basement which destroyed my furnace, hot water heater, and ac outside. I immediately called my awesome mechanic, Mike Culp, and within 2 weeks I had ac and furnace replaced. Lennox products and my mechanic will always be at the top of my list.

Date created: 2014-01-09 Name: Lisa
Location: Niagara Falls Ontario

"Ducane a Cheaper Lennox"
I've had my Ducane furnace for fifteen years now, and it still works good. I've only had one repair on it in all that time. The fan ignition wire burnt out. It cost me $300 to get it replaced though, but that's not the furnaces fault. I had it cleaned twice by a great guy named Charlie Walsh who is very popular in my city Niagara Falls Ontario for doing a perfect job. He takes the whole thing apart and cleans every piece. It takes him two hours to complete the job. I also replace the filter every three months. So I do my part in making sure it runs smoothly.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: P. Magyar
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts

"Did not last"
Maybe we have more luck than I thought. Replaced old electric system with Lennox heat/ air conditioning system. This required putting Gas in house and substantial plumbing. We took a ten year service contract on the unit. You can guess what happened at the beginning of the 12th heating season. Fife box imploded, furnace has to be replaced. Nothing wrong with compressor for the ac but they tell us that has to be replaced also, it's not compatible with any other system (or the new Lennox). I expected to get at least 30 years: got 11.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>