Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2009-03-27 Name: LENNOX

"Lennox High Efficiency Furnace"
High efficiency furnaces in older houses are a big mistake!! My house is now full of moisture, thick ice on all the windows in winter, and mold is forming on the walls. Furnace does not take any moisture out of the house, it adds moisture in. I have heard dozens of horror stories from others too. If you want to install a High Efficiency furnace, first replace all your windows and doors, seal up all cracks, reinsulate ceiling and walls and then install an air exchanger and a dehumidifier. Then install the new high efficiency furnace. Wish I had known that before.

Date created: 2009-03-23 Name: LENNOX

"What to do with Canadian Govt Grant"
I have a 3600 square foot home, I have a Lennox unit that is not giving me any problems, however I have installed a $30.00 part available at home depot for igniting the gas, I installed it myself about 7 years ago and everything works correctly. We have just signed up for the Retro Grant that gives you money back for home improvements such as windows etc... I was thinking to go to an upgraded furnace and ac unit as our bills are high and will get approx $3000.00 back from govt for having an afue of 95% +

Date created: 2009-02-26 Name: Robert Dodge
Location: Princeton, NJ

"Lennox Furnace"
We purchased the Lennox complete Heat about 10 years ago. While it worked fine, Lennox offered to replace it suggesting that it would go bad soon. We took them up on their offer and installed a traditional Lennox high efficiency furnace. Since that time we have a problem every year. The ignition switch, the safety switch, controller panel, ... Now the aluminum boiler has cracked. Lucky I noticed it only a few hours after it happened since water was spraying everywhere (including all over the electronics). Lennox said the boiler is warrantied but not the electronics (which were ruined by spraying water from the cracked aluminum boiler) or the installation costs of the new boiler. It turns out it will be cheaper to put in a brand new furnace than fixing the old one. My installer recommends not touching the Lennox as he knows that they are trouble.

Date created: 2009-02-25 Name: j. odum

"Customer"
Better off with a window fan

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: B. Gronen
Location: Nebraska

"1997 Pulse G21"
Unit was new when I bought house. g21 Pulse Furnace. Flawless until two weeks ago. Replaced flapper when installing a/c back in 2001 just as a precaution. Unit stopped heating a couple weeks back. By shutting off/on power would force it to try to refire. Sometimes would run for a few minutes, other times wouldn't even get to pulse stage. Replaced flapper again. Ran for a week. This time trying the control box. Service tech tried for a long time (on free repeat labor to boot) to find something else wrong with it because the box is so expensive and obsolete. Tested heat exchanger for leaks. Everything checks solid. Outside of the vibration typical of pulses, couldn't be happier. Just a shame that an obsolete control box may force me to prematurely retired this furnace if it fails again in a few years. The rest of the furnace runs well.

Date created: 2009-02-16 Name: Robert A. Kroboth
Location: Spokane, Washington

"LENNOX"
I have a Lennox furnace, model # g50uh36b090, serial # 5905k21102, that is 3 years and 3 months old. It has a mind of its own. No matter what the thermostat is set at, it may work correctly or not come on at all. If I am gone for 5 hours, I can come home to a house where the temperature is 10 lower that the thermostat setting. At night, I can awaken to a house that is 15 lower that the thermostat setting. The computer has been replaced once. The last time the serviceman from Banner Fuel was here, all that he could find was that the furnace had tripped its breaker switch. He was going to charge me $108.00 for the visit. I refused to pay. Banner Fuel does not know what the problem is, however they are willing to charge me $90.00 per hour with no guarantee of results.

Date created: 2009-02-05 Name: Ronald Osgood
Location: Princeton, Wisconsin

"New furnace and duc work"
The crew did excellent work but like most contractors a two day job turned into a three week project. I got service on days they couldn't go out of town because of the weather (Snow). I've had people praise the duc work but the furnace makes such a loud noise through the duc work. In the basement you can hardly hear it run but upstairs it's a different story. a loud steady noise like the fan hitting something. It's not like air passing through it's a very loud humming noise that drives you crazy when your trying to sleep. April they will be putting in the Central air.

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: Nick
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Not even good enough to heat a home in Florida!"
I purchased my home in 2006 (the home was built in 2003). My inspector told me he didn't like the saound and the rust on the furnace and advised me to check it out. The previous home owner said he wouldn't pay for any repairs and that the house was brand new there could be nothing wrong with the furnace. I foolishly agreed and a week after I moved in, I was hit with a $600 repair bill. I've lived in the house for almost 3 years and have dumped almost $2,500 into this absolutely horrible unit built by Lennox. I can't believe that companies can make such a terrible product and still have the nerve to advertise their brand proudly. It is an absolute outrage and I hope that they come to their senses soon. It's just not right! Maintaining a house in Canada is expensive enough with the gas, electricity, and property tax, now we have to add an extra $100/month to maintain a furnace? When can we get a break?

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: b panchiv
Location: Calgary

"Lennox g61"
What a piece of crap. have had repairmen here 11 times in just over a year. still have on going problems. circuit boards, various switches and sensors. do not buy one of these.

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: Ray Axelson
Location: East Bethel, Minnesota

"Lennox furnace"
Bought thru a local dealer and installed it with the help of my father-in- law. The house was struck by lightning in 1991 and the circuit board was destroyed. Replaced by the same dealer and has worked fine with no problems till now. The heat exchanger started leaking, but after 25 years of use I would leak a little too. Great furnace. Hate to see it go.

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223Next >>