Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2009-04-24 Name: LENNOX

"Lennox (horrible)"
Had a new 4ton Lennox Heat pump and ahu installed. First year indoor fan went out and outdoor fan shortly after. Second year Heating element shorted out and burned up, and Compressor just went out (sounds like a garbage disposer) spent alot of money for a name but not quality Dont make same mistake. Iam replacing outdoor unit with a new Maytag!

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: LENNOX

"12 years & counting"
Complete Heat system to replace old Williamson furnace & a/c & water heater. I've replaced 2 circulation pumps (about $100 on eBay, 4 screws 2 wires and prime - easy) and been very happy with the system. I've heard these have problems, and they are complex systems. When I replace it I'll probably go with a tankless water heater and a all electric heat pump.

Date created: 2009-04-05 Name: LENNOX

"Lennox is junk and they don't care"
Over the past 13 years we have had five different Lennox boilers in our home. The first three were the notorious Complet Heat units. We finally "upgraded" to the gwb9-ih which developed 2 leaks within five years. The President, Doug Young passed my letter complaining that Lennox wouldn't cover labor costs to replace last unit on to Customer Service which passed it on to the local sales office which told me to fly a kite. My second letter to Young was just ignored. Another once great company in the hands of drones who don't care about customer satisfaction or the quality of their products.

Date created: 2009-03-27 Name: LENNOX

"Lennox High Efficiency Furnace"
High efficiency furnaces in older houses are a big mistake!! My house is now full of moisture, thick ice on all the windows in winter, and mold is forming on the walls. Furnace does not take any moisture out of the house, it adds moisture in. I have heard dozens of horror stories from others too. If you want to install a High Efficiency furnace, first replace all your windows and doors, seal up all cracks, reinsulate ceiling and walls and then install an air exchanger and a dehumidifier. Then install the new high efficiency furnace. Wish I had known that before.

Date created: 2009-03-23 Name: LENNOX

"What to do with Canadian Govt Grant"
I have a 3600 square foot home, I have a Lennox unit that is not giving me any problems, however I have installed a $30.00 part available at home depot for igniting the gas, I installed it myself about 7 years ago and everything works correctly. We have just signed up for the Retro Grant that gives you money back for home improvements such as windows etc... I was thinking to go to an upgraded furnace and ac unit as our bills are high and will get approx $3000.00 back from govt for having an afue of 95% +

Date created: 2009-02-26 Name: Robert Dodge
Location: Princeton, NJ

"Lennox Furnace"
We purchased the Lennox complete Heat about 10 years ago. While it worked fine, Lennox offered to replace it suggesting that it would go bad soon. We took them up on their offer and installed a traditional Lennox high efficiency furnace. Since that time we have a problem every year. The ignition switch, the safety switch, controller panel, ... Now the aluminum boiler has cracked. Lucky I noticed it only a few hours after it happened since water was spraying everywhere (including all over the electronics). Lennox said the boiler is warrantied but not the electronics (which were ruined by spraying water from the cracked aluminum boiler) or the installation costs of the new boiler. It turns out it will be cheaper to put in a brand new furnace than fixing the old one. My installer recommends not touching the Lennox as he knows that they are trouble.

Date created: 2009-02-25 Name: j. odum

"Customer"
Better off with a window fan

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: B. Gronen
Location: Nebraska

"1997 Pulse G21"
Unit was new when I bought house. g21 Pulse Furnace. Flawless until two weeks ago. Replaced flapper when installing a/c back in 2001 just as a precaution. Unit stopped heating a couple weeks back. By shutting off/on power would force it to try to refire. Sometimes would run for a few minutes, other times wouldn't even get to pulse stage. Replaced flapper again. Ran for a week. This time trying the control box. Service tech tried for a long time (on free repeat labor to boot) to find something else wrong with it because the box is so expensive and obsolete. Tested heat exchanger for leaks. Everything checks solid. Outside of the vibration typical of pulses, couldn't be happier. Just a shame that an obsolete control box may force me to prematurely retired this furnace if it fails again in a few years. The rest of the furnace runs well.

Date created: 2009-02-16 Name: Robert A. Kroboth
Location: Spokane, Washington

"LENNOX"
I have a Lennox furnace, model # g50uh36b090, serial # 5905k21102, that is 3 years and 3 months old. It has a mind of its own. No matter what the thermostat is set at, it may work correctly or not come on at all. If I am gone for 5 hours, I can come home to a house where the temperature is 10 lower that the thermostat setting. At night, I can awaken to a house that is 15 lower that the thermostat setting. The computer has been replaced once. The last time the serviceman from Banner Fuel was here, all that he could find was that the furnace had tripped its breaker switch. He was going to charge me $108.00 for the visit. I refused to pay. Banner Fuel does not know what the problem is, however they are willing to charge me $90.00 per hour with no guarantee of results.

Date created: 2009-02-05 Name: Ronald Osgood
Location: Princeton, Wisconsin

"New furnace and duc work"
The crew did excellent work but like most contractors a two day job turned into a three week project. I got service on days they couldn't go out of town because of the weather (Snow). I've had people praise the duc work but the furnace makes such a loud noise through the duc work. In the basement you can hardly hear it run but upstairs it's a different story. a loud steady noise like the fan hitting something. It's not like air passing through it's a very loud humming noise that drives you crazy when your trying to sleep. April they will be putting in the Central air.

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223Next >>