Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2009-11-20 Name: Ron Danbury

"Piece of JUNK!"
Lennox has to be the most over-hyped, over-priced and under-peforming piece of junk furnaces ever made! Save yourself from a major migraine and buy something else! (Unless you like footing high repair bill about every 6 months or so). Worthless!!!

Date created: 2009-11-04 Name: L.Freeman
Location: Charlotte, NC

"Too many repairs in the past year alone!! Terrible!"
The unit is only 9 years old and has had 4 repairs in the past year alone (bad blower moter, bad pressure switch, bad circut board...) and now after calling in for the 5th time, I'm ready to get rid of the unit. I've spent $1,500 in repairs over the past year and I'm sick of not having heat or ac, along with taking time off of work to have repairs done. Living in Charlotte nc should be easy on the unit. We don't have extremes temps and the licensed repairman has said the the unit is more than enough in btu for a house of this size, so that is not it. Could it be that Lennox is produces terrible units?? I think so. Good luck and stick with a different brand.

Date created: 2009-10-23 Name: C. Foxx

"Lennox furnace poor quality and poor installation"
Lennox furnace has been a piece of junk from the beginning....After installation the air conditioner took 5 visits from installer to get it working properly...I Demanded a new unit & Inloes Heating & Cooling, 157 N. b St., Hamilton, Ohio 45013 informed me Lennox would not replace the unit and it had to be repaired....I Have been faithful with 2 service inspections yearly and changed to other heating companies.All have given a poor review of the furnace and improper installation.....My furnace is 9 years old and leaking water causing rust to form......Poor installation consists of hoses loosley connected on outside, no drip pan installed, no new return air pleum and many other issues......I Would not give Lennox or Inloes Heating & Air a favorable reviewand would strongly suggest you do no use them as installer for your prodect......The better Business will receive a complaint.............Carol Foxx

Date created: 2009-10-18 Name: Andy P

"A Great Unit G-71MPV"
This is a Great unit. I had quotes from Trane and Carrier. I went with the Lennox because the comfort specialist was very knowledgeable and did not brand bash the others. Did a manual j and showed me what I could save in energy. The installation is only as good as the company installing it.

Date created: 2009-10-14 Name: Curt Kvamme

"LENNOX HM-30"
This is the 3rd unit in 15 years to go bad. The inverted combustion chamber starts leaking and from past experiences, will soon shut down for good. It's making a "air escaping from water" sound which is the telltale sound of the leak in the combustion chamber. I have a Propane model.

Date created: 2009-10-06 Name: w channell

"Channell"
Wrong furnace and air conditioner installed by arpis. No guarantee, no exchange. Management at dealer rude and unreponsive. Removed new equipment and replaced at own expense. The manufacturer would not even respond to my complaint.

Date created: 2009-10-06 Name: W. Muncy

"Home"
The heat exchanger failed due to poor design. The warranty is good but does not cover the $700+ cost of replacing it.

Date created: 2009-08-27 Name: Joe Phelps

"HM 30 CompleteHeat"
This furnace and hot water system has constant repair bills and I have been very unhappy with it

Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: JF Fortier

"Installation is the key"
Remember, Lennox only manufacture the furnace.... Get itit installed by a good hvac contractor and it will work great. Some complain about the noise in the air vents... maybe your ductwork is undersize, the furnace had nothing to do with it, maybe your HVAC should check your old ducting system, maybe you had a belted drive with low CFM and switch to a direct drive with more drive and your 4" rond duct with 2 1/2 x 10 grills is too small and create noise... simple as that. Ventilation is 95% in the design, the best brand in the worst duct will never give you result and the worst sh!t well installed will still give great results.... So stop barking at the wrong tree !! :O)

Date created: 2009-08-19 Name: Friedrich
Location: Minnesota

"Aged vs. New Furnace Payback Time"
To Chris who posted 2009-07-13 and all others who would like to determine the time it will take for a high-efficiency furnace to pay for itself in energy savings: I live in Minnesota, where furnaces and ACs get a good workout--winters are long and cold and summers typically hot and humid. I bought a 1941-built house two years ago that has a trouble-free furnace more than 35 years old. It's a single-stage gas-fired 80,000 BTU Friedrich that provides comfortable heat.(Typical of installations in the old days, it was oversized for the house.) At some point, a #2200 Aprilaire air cleaner was added. Based on 50 years of experience, it's my opinion that the greatest gas savings you'll ever get from a furnace is by turning down the thermostat at night. I turn my Honeywell down to 60 degrees when I go to bed. By the time I reset it to 70 degrees in the morning, switch the coffeemaker to ON, bring the newspaper in and make a quick bladder-emptying trip to the bathroom, the temp is back to 70. I used a simple formula to determine how long it would take for me to pay back for a new 95% efficient furnace in gas savings were I to replace the Friedrich. Here it is: First look at the gas bills for 3 months during the summer, e.g., June, July & August, when you are not using the furnace. Add the cost of the gas used during those 3 months and divide the total by 3, to give you an average per month for the gas appliances other than the furnace. Don't include taxes added to your gas bill--you can't escape taxes no matter how efficient your furnace is. Then multiply this average-per-month number by 12 to give you the amount you spend per year on gas to run the appliances other than the furnace. Now, if your furnace is 25 years or older, it probably has an efficiency rating of 60% AFUE. That means about 60% of every dollar spent on the furnace gas heats the house and 40 cents goes up the chimney. In contrast, a new 95% efficient furnace wastes only 5 cents out of every dollar. Here's how it works for me, who has a small one-story house (900 sq. ft. main floor and 900 sq.ft. finished basement; I don't heat the lower level, but the heat passing through the good-sized ductwork apparently keeps it warm enough to do laundry without discomfort): I spend $374 per year for furnace gas (yes, the house is small, but the heat is on all day every day, my storm windows are flimsy and ill-fitting 1970s aluminum, and my 12-pane windows need reglazing badly). OK, let's say I spend $5,000 on a 95% AFUE furnace, which is 35% more efficient than 60%. $374 multiplied by 35% amounts to $131 per year in savings. Dividing the cost of the furnace ($5,000) by my anticipated annual gas-bill savings ($131), and the payback time is 38 years. Of course, given the average 18-year life span of modern-day furnaces, I will have had to replace the new 95% furnace with another new furnace, maybe even two new furnaces were I unlucky, before I got to the end of the 38-year payback time. And then there are all the repair/parts replacement costs common to high-efficiency furnaces, which have safety features and "bells and whistles" that didn't exist when my Friedrich was built. (An HVAC installer this morning quoted me a price on a variable-speed motor, should one need replacement: $425, plus labor. It sounds like a nice feature and is said to save on electricity costs, but I have to wonder to what degree.) The formula I've set out herein doesn't take into consideration environmental concerns a homeowner may find important enough to offset a long payback time. And there are energy company rebates and the current federal tax credit to consider. For me, I'm sticking with my Friedrich for now while getting estimates for a new furnace should my old "tank" fail in midwinter.

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324Next >>