Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-19 Name: Michele

"Complete Garbage"
I had this Lennox high efficiency gas furnace installed 15 years ago and have had nothing but trouble with it since then. It's been through three ignitor modules, two air cleaner modules and a cracked plastic fitting in the combustion condensate drain. Now it has a new problem - the pilot light goes out unless the metal cover is off. Cover off, works ok, cover on, doesn't work. Had a tech over here who wasted two hours of his time and mine trying to figure it out. He had no clue. Whatever savings I've realized in fuel costs from this "high efficiency" garbage have been more than canceled out by having to buy overpriced electronic junk every few years. I just wish I could have my old 1964 GE furnace back. That never had a single service issue in 30 years. Lennox is poorly built, unreliable garbage.

Date created: 2009-12-18 Name: Peggy B 1946

"Lennox keeps running like a Volvo"
My furnace, a Lennox Pulsaire, is just biting the dust. It's 27 years old. We've had two service calls in the last 18 years, one of them because the intake outside of the house was frozen up with ice. I think that's pretty darned good for a furnace so our next one will be a Lennox as well. For the same reasons, I used Kenmore appliances and drive a Volvo.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: T. Hartz

"Lennox HM61"
Absolutely the biggest pos out there. 6 years in the house and has never worked more than 6 months(EVER) Constant problems with gas pressure switch, Service rep comes out and charges me $335 to replace switch. I finally have had it !! I decided to try and solve problem myself, personally knowing the techs that have installed and worked on it I figure if these guys are called experts than I will consider myself a genius. I locate the switch under unit and remove it (cheap plastic $65 dollar part) less than 5 minutes to remove and reinstall =$335 ?? I will never own a Lennox product again and will certainly not refer anyone to their junk. As I look around for a replacement a scary concern surfaces - It doesn't appear that anyone makes a quality unit anymore. Like most things these days they are engineered to be defective, you can't make any money on something that doesn't break down. They just don't make things like they use too including reputations. I installed a weil McClain Ultra in machine shed and after 1 year its still going but seroiusly though it has only run a total of 4-5 months and about 500 gallon of propane, happy so far but after reading reviews I'm nervous. It would appear that there is a hell of a demand out there for someone to make a solid unit.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: K. Barbieri

"I love my Lennox"
My Lennox gas furnace is the original from when the house was built in 1972. I've only owned the house since 2002, but my furnace has always worked faithfully from day one. It had some minor problems with the sensors but that's it. Unfortunately, I need to get it replaced because the bottom is rusting out from a water leak I had in the basement. The only good thing about this is that getting a current model will certainly be more energy efficient.

Date created: 2009-11-27 Name: MRS. FRED STONE

"POOR"
My lennex furnace,put in my home about 10 months, ago makes so much noise that when it runs you can not hear the phone, tv personal conversation. we choose lennex as our new furnace with the selling point was that it was the quietest furnace air conditioner on the market. i AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: R. Johnson

"Best on the market"
Just upgraded from a 6 year old g51 model to Lennox's g71 modulating furnace. Also got an xc16 2 stage ac. Nothing wrong with the old unit just wanted the best... I'm actually in the business and sell/install Trane. I went with the Lennox from my service experience and Lennox's new tech. As of this post the G71 is the only truly modulating furnace on the market. I read some of the other reviews and I can tell you Lennox does not and has never made a "bad" furnace. If it doesnt work its because it wasnt installed right plain and simple, end of story. If the heat exchanger is cracked there isnt enough air flow or YOU'RE not changing the filter btw... The ONLY problem I can fault Lennox for is using a Johnson Control ignition control for there OLD G26 models. It was prone to failure after 10 years or so and Lennox uses Honeywell for the replacement part now. Anyway, ALL brand name manufactures are great for reliability (Lennox, Trane, Carrier) but the unit is only as good (and efficient) as the company that installs it. Go with the best company when buying, not brand. I've been in the business for about 20 years and I bought and installed a Lennox vs keeping a unit that was fine or getting a free trane. That has to mean something, maybe I'm just crazy hehe :)

Date created: 2009-11-20 Name: Ron Danbury

"Piece of JUNK!"
Lennox has to be the most over-hyped, over-priced and under-peforming piece of junk furnaces ever made! Save yourself from a major migraine and buy something else! (Unless you like footing high repair bill about every 6 months or so). Worthless!!!

Date created: 2009-11-04 Name: L.Freeman
Location: Charlotte, NC

"Too many repairs in the past year alone!! Terrible!"
The unit is only 9 years old and has had 4 repairs in the past year alone (bad blower moter, bad pressure switch, bad circut board...) and now after calling in for the 5th time, I'm ready to get rid of the unit. I've spent $1,500 in repairs over the past year and I'm sick of not having heat or ac, along with taking time off of work to have repairs done. Living in Charlotte nc should be easy on the unit. We don't have extremes temps and the licensed repairman has said the the unit is more than enough in btu for a house of this size, so that is not it. Could it be that Lennox is produces terrible units?? I think so. Good luck and stick with a different brand.

Date created: 2009-10-23 Name: C. Foxx

"Lennox furnace poor quality and poor installation"
Lennox furnace has been a piece of junk from the beginning....After installation the air conditioner took 5 visits from installer to get it working properly...I Demanded a new unit & Inloes Heating & Cooling, 157 N. b St., Hamilton, Ohio 45013 informed me Lennox would not replace the unit and it had to be repaired....I Have been faithful with 2 service inspections yearly and changed to other heating companies.All have given a poor review of the furnace and improper installation.....My furnace is 9 years old and leaking water causing rust to form......Poor installation consists of hoses loosley connected on outside, no drip pan installed, no new return air pleum and many other issues......I Would not give Lennox or Inloes Heating & Air a favorable reviewand would strongly suggest you do no use them as installer for your prodect......The better Business will receive a complaint.............Carol Foxx

Date created: 2009-10-18 Name: Andy P

"A Great Unit G-71MPV"
This is a Great unit. I had quotes from Trane and Carrier. I went with the Lennox because the comfort specialist was very knowledgeable and did not brand bash the others. Did a manual j and showed me what I could save in energy. The installation is only as good as the company installing it.

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223Next >>