Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

<< Previous67891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2010-01-29 Name: Bob Wolff
Location: Minnesota

"Bob w. mn."
Moved into my new home in 1974 with a Lennox g11q3e-110v gas furnace. Living in Minnesota, I have only replaced the blower motor once and the thermal probe once in all these years. After reading all these reviews online because I'm going to finally replace it with a more efficient unit, there seems to be negative remarks about all brands. Now, I am not sure the newer models out now are as well built as they were years ago. What's happening with the newer technology out there? Are we going in reverse?!!!

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: R Weekley

"Lennox G32V"
Installed in our new home (we actually have 2 systems). Very pleased! Never have had a service call, but do have the installer come back twice a year for heat/cool maintanance. Variable speed blower is great!

Date created: 2010-01-22 Name: Tom DiGiacomo

"Lennox"
As with any product that needs to be properly installed, the installers quality will greatly affect the furnace performance and operation. When there's a problem, the consumer and many times the installer want to put blame on manufacture... More times than not, it is the installer who created the problems.

Date created: 2010-01-17 Name: DSE

"Consumer Reviews of LENNOX Furnace"
We purchased our house brand new and it came with a Lennox g8 series natural gas furnace. This furnace isn't very relevant in today's standards but it is dependable. We have had no real problems with it and I can say that it has been great. Of course, it isn't high efficiency and doesn't have circuit boards that apparently go bad so very often but maybe that is a good thing. What good is a high efficiency furnace if you end up paying through the nose for repairs every year. Self defeating (no savings) if you ask me. We were contemplating replacing this unit for a unit with at least a 94% efficiency rating but after checking out the top manufacturers (Trane, Carrier, York, Lennox, etc.) on this site we have decided to wait until our furnace breaks down before replacing it. Some of the problems sound as if they can be directly attributed to incompetent installers but there appears to be just as many engineering problems as well, no matter what brand you buy.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: D. Vaughan

"Concord owned by Lennox"
I had a Concord cg80tb75d12a furnace installed less than five years ago. (Concord is owned by Lennox) On Firday 1/8/2010, the Hot Surface Ignitor stopped working. Since it was the weekend, I could not get a part until Monday 1/11/2010. When I emailed the company about the warranty, this was the reply: "We do not have a mechanism to reimburse you for the part. In order to receive reimbursement, your service company will be required to file a warranty claim with our local distribution. After the warranty claim has processed, your service company would offer you the reimbursed credit amount." This tells me that I have to depend on my service company to reimburse me for the part. If my service company doesn't file a warranty claim, I'm out some money because they don't have a mechanism to reimburse me. It sounds to me that not only do they produce a substandard product, they don't have to honor their warranty. I would not buy anything from these people again.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: DImitri

"Dont Buy Lennox"
My Lennox furnace is about 6 years old now. The unit is having trouble heating the 2 story house even through the btu rating is appropriate for the size of the heating space. This is why you shouldn't buy Lennox: The replacement parts are extremely expensive to fix the units. The replacement parts are about 10 times more expensive then any other furnace brand and you can only purchase the parts from Lennox. The Circuit Board went out on my furnace 2 days ago and the repair guy determined that it was the circuit board. The replacement board cost me $660 including the $85 service call. This is a ridiculous price for the circuit board. The repairman told me that Lennox is the most overpriced furnace considering its reliability and poor performance. Lennox History in a nutshell (if interested). Lennox company was started by the Lennox Family and they built quality and reliable furnaces and that's why the brand image was so high. However, after selling the company, the quality went to crap. It is a matter of time that the terrible reliability and quality will start eating away at the Lennox brand image. Don't Buy Lennox

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: M. Sailer

"Lennox Heating and Cooling System - JUNK"
A new Lennox Heating & Cooling system was installed July, 2009. In my opinion, it is a piece of junk - spent $11,400 on a unit that makes so much noise turning on and off that it wakes me up. The air blowing sounds like a train going through my house. It also is inefficient since the computer brain takes approx. 4 days to adjust to the temperature and weather. The area Lennox Rep was arrogant and "mickey moused" some of the noise by covering the outside pipes with foam. He also stated that "I should learn to live with the noise". Also after a call to the main Lennox office, Scott Boxer, Pres. & Chief Operating Officer of Service Experts, I was told I could not get help to fix the unit. Only the contractor could call. A formal complaint was filed with Lennox and as of this date (1/10) there has been no response. I will never buy anything made by Lennox again. If you want a heating and cooling system that works properly, in my opinion, you should check out other brands.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: James R
Location: Canada

"Lennox G60VHY"
Bought a house with a 2002 installed Lennox furnace. The most unreliable p o s I have ever dealt with (so far). I have a feeling it's only the beginning of my woes with this thing. The company who installed it won't do a house call. This is Canada. Winter is unforgivingly dominant. Home heating is essential services.

Date created: 2010-01-01 Name: Ross Golding

"Ross Golding -- Lennox Whisper Heat G20"
I would start burning wood before I ever buy another Lennox product again. This furnace is ten years old. It's been loud and unreliable since day one. This furnace consistently breaks down during cold weather as it needs to have the flame sensor replaced or cleaned without fail annually, which is now becoming a bimonthly chore in the cold weather. Lennox - never again.

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: Crosby

"Mr."
Great until it needs repair. An ignitor that will likely need to be replaced is $185 and the circuit board is $350. I have two Lennox units. That's two $185 ignitors and two $347 circuit boards. The unit isn't even 9 years old. Do the math!

<< Previous67891011121314151617181920212223Next >>