Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous6789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: DImitri

"Dont Buy Lennox"
My Lennox furnace is about 6 years old now. The unit is having trouble heating the 2 story house even through the btu rating is appropriate for the size of the heating space. This is why you shouldn't buy Lennox: The replacement parts are extremely expensive to fix the units. The replacement parts are about 10 times more expensive then any other furnace brand and you can only purchase the parts from Lennox. The Circuit Board went out on my furnace 2 days ago and the repair guy determined that it was the circuit board. The replacement board cost me $660 including the $85 service call. This is a ridiculous price for the circuit board. The repairman told me that Lennox is the most overpriced furnace considering its reliability and poor performance. Lennox History in a nutshell (if interested). Lennox company was started by the Lennox Family and they built quality and reliable furnaces and that's why the brand image was so high. However, after selling the company, the quality went to crap. It is a matter of time that the terrible reliability and quality will start eating away at the Lennox brand image. Don't Buy Lennox

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: M. Sailer

"Lennox Heating and Cooling System - JUNK"
A new Lennox Heating & Cooling system was installed July, 2009. In my opinion, it is a piece of junk - spent $11,400 on a unit that makes so much noise turning on and off that it wakes me up. The air blowing sounds like a train going through my house. It also is inefficient since the computer brain takes approx. 4 days to adjust to the temperature and weather. The area Lennox Rep was arrogant and "mickey moused" some of the noise by covering the outside pipes with foam. He also stated that "I should learn to live with the noise". Also after a call to the main Lennox office, Scott Boxer, Pres. & Chief Operating Officer of Service Experts, I was told I could not get help to fix the unit. Only the contractor could call. A formal complaint was filed with Lennox and as of this date (1/10) there has been no response. I will never buy anything made by Lennox again. If you want a heating and cooling system that works properly, in my opinion, you should check out other brands.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: James R
Location: Canada

"Lennox G60VHY"
Bought a house with a 2002 installed Lennox furnace. The most unreliable p o s I have ever dealt with (so far). I have a feeling it's only the beginning of my woes with this thing. The company who installed it won't do a house call. This is Canada. Winter is unforgivingly dominant. Home heating is essential services.

Date created: 2010-01-01 Name: Ross Golding

"Ross Golding -- Lennox Whisper Heat G20"
I would start burning wood before I ever buy another Lennox product again. This furnace is ten years old. It's been loud and unreliable since day one. This furnace consistently breaks down during cold weather as it needs to have the flame sensor replaced or cleaned without fail annually, which is now becoming a bimonthly chore in the cold weather. Lennox - never again.

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: Crosby

"Mr."
Great until it needs repair. An ignitor that will likely need to be replaced is $185 and the circuit board is $350. I have two Lennox units. That's two $185 ignitors and two $347 circuit boards. The unit isn't even 9 years old. Do the math!

Date created: 2009-12-19 Name: Michele

"Complete Garbage"
I had this Lennox high efficiency gas furnace installed 15 years ago and have had nothing but trouble with it since then. It's been through three ignitor modules, two air cleaner modules and a cracked plastic fitting in the combustion condensate drain. Now it has a new problem - the pilot light goes out unless the metal cover is off. Cover off, works ok, cover on, doesn't work. Had a tech over here who wasted two hours of his time and mine trying to figure it out. He had no clue. Whatever savings I've realized in fuel costs from this "high efficiency" garbage have been more than canceled out by having to buy overpriced electronic junk every few years. I just wish I could have my old 1964 GE furnace back. That never had a single service issue in 30 years. Lennox is poorly built, unreliable garbage.

Date created: 2009-12-18 Name: Peggy B 1946

"Lennox keeps running like a Volvo"
My furnace, a Lennox Pulsaire, is just biting the dust. It's 27 years old. We've had two service calls in the last 18 years, one of them because the intake outside of the house was frozen up with ice. I think that's pretty darned good for a furnace so our next one will be a Lennox as well. For the same reasons, I used Kenmore appliances and drive a Volvo.

Date created: 2009-12-07 Name: Bruce

"20 years and going on the pulse"
Purchased this unit in 1989 and had it inspected in 2009. The HVAC guy said the furnace and air conditioner were fine. I've never had a problem with the pulse furnace.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: T. Hartz

"Lennox HM61"
Absolutely the biggest pos out there. 6 years in the house and has never worked more than 6 months(EVER) Constant problems with gas pressure switch, Service rep comes out and charges me $335 to replace switch. I finally have had it !! I decided to try and solve problem myself, personally knowing the techs that have installed and worked on it I figure if these guys are called experts than I will consider myself a genius. I locate the switch under unit and remove it (cheap plastic $65 dollar part) less than 5 minutes to remove and reinstall =$335 ?? I will never own a Lennox product again and will certainly not refer anyone to their junk. As I look around for a replacement a scary concern surfaces - It doesn't appear that anyone makes a quality unit anymore. Like most things these days they are engineered to be defective, you can't make any money on something that doesn't break down. They just don't make things like they use too including reputations. I installed a weil McClain Ultra in machine shed and after 1 year its still going but seroiusly though it has only run a total of 4-5 months and about 500 gallon of propane, happy so far but after reading reviews I'm nervous. It would appear that there is a hell of a demand out there for someone to make a solid unit.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: K. Barbieri

"I love my Lennox"
My Lennox gas furnace is the original from when the house was built in 1972. I've only owned the house since 2002, but my furnace has always worked faithfully from day one. It had some minor problems with the sensors but that's it. Unfortunately, I need to get it replaced because the bottom is rusting out from a water leak I had in the basement. The only good thing about this is that getting a current model will certainly be more energy efficient.

<< Previous6789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>