Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2010-02-15 Name: Bob

"G40DF(x) furnace"
I live in a 6 year old neighborhood with townhomes and over the past 2 years, numerous neighbors' ignitor control board for the G40DF(x) furnace have needed to be replaced. The average cost is over $500 for parts and labor.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: David T.

"Lennox - great units"
On our campus, we have many locations where we can only use residential units because of how the spaces were designed. Both Lennox and Trane are very comparable in both performance and quality. The one truism in the industry is that the unit is only as good as the installer. Noises and problems can occur when people who don't know what they're doing (or don't care) perform the install. We've only had one problem in all off our 14 units, in the past six years. That was a failed circuit board that Lennox replaced. The best thing about Lennox is that a tech can call them and actually get them on the phone.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Phil Ginter
Location: Winnipeg

"Lennox furnace & AC unit"
We had a Lennox furnace and AC unit installed in 1997 when we built our current home. In the first year, we had to have the control board replaced under factory warranty. Between years two and five the control board was replaced two more times under our new home warranty. In 2007, we once again had to have the control board replaced. In January of 2010, once again the board had to be replaced. Each replacement cost was in the tune of $500.00 With the total amount that has been spent on this furnace, we could have purchased a new one. I contacted a Lennox rep. here in Winnipeg this go round. They agreed to pay for the board if I would pay for the labor, I agreed to this. In 2007, the invoice for the board was: $314.00 for the board and $95.00 labor, with taxes $462.00. Now, after I agreed to pay the labor assuming it to be roughly the same as 2007, they claim that the board is still $314.00 but the labor has gone from $95.00 in 2007 to $432.00 . In January 2010, this is what they are trying to get me to pay for the labor this time, which basically amounts to the same price as the board and install was in 2007. This is a very poor product and to top it all off the company and it's installaton division called (Winnipeg Supply) are crooks.

Date created: 2010-02-01 Name: D. Johnson
Location: Northern Indiana

"I love my furnace!"
We purchased a new Lennox furnace a year ago when we moved into my grandparents home. We found that my grandparents furnace was over 50 years old. It was still running fine. It was loud though and we felt not very energy efficient as it was so old. We decided to purchase another Lennox considering how long the old one lasted. We are thoroughly satisfied with our furnace and the company we bought it from. Our heating and electric bill went from $272 a month with the old furnace down to $78 a month with the new one. I couldn't be happier and would recommend Lennox to anyone. Also anyone that lives in Northern Indiana should definitely check out Cook Heating and Air. We couldn't be happier giving them our business.

Date created: 2010-01-29 Name: Bob Wolff
Location: Minnesota

"Bob w. mn."
Moved into my new home in 1974 with a Lennox g11q3e-110v gas furnace. Living in Minnesota, I have only replaced the blower motor once and the thermal probe once in all these years. After reading all these reviews online because I'm going to finally replace it with a more efficient unit, there seems to be negative remarks about all brands. Now, I am not sure the newer models out now are as well built as they were years ago. What's happening with the newer technology out there? Are we going in reverse?!!!

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: R Weekley

"Lennox G32V"
Installed in our new home (we actually have 2 systems). Very pleased! Never have had a service call, but do have the installer come back twice a year for heat/cool maintanance. Variable speed blower is great!

Date created: 2010-01-22 Name: Tom DiGiacomo

"Lennox"
As with any product that needs to be properly installed, the installers quality will greatly affect the furnace performance and operation. When there's a problem, the consumer and many times the installer want to put blame on manufacture... More times than not, it is the installer who created the problems.

Date created: 2010-01-17 Name: DSE

"Consumer Reviews of LENNOX Furnace"
We purchased our house brand new and it came with a Lennox g8 series natural gas furnace. This furnace isn't very relevant in today's standards but it is dependable. We have had no real problems with it and I can say that it has been great. Of course, it isn't high efficiency and doesn't have circuit boards that apparently go bad so very often but maybe that is a good thing. What good is a high efficiency furnace if you end up paying through the nose for repairs every year. Self defeating (no savings) if you ask me. We were contemplating replacing this unit for a unit with at least a 94% efficiency rating but after checking out the top manufacturers (Trane, Carrier, York, Lennox, etc.) on this site we have decided to wait until our furnace breaks down before replacing it. Some of the problems sound as if they can be directly attributed to incompetent installers but there appears to be just as many engineering problems as well, no matter what brand you buy.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: D. Vaughan

"Concord owned by Lennox"
I had a Concord cg80tb75d12a furnace installed less than five years ago. (Concord is owned by Lennox) On Firday 1/8/2010, the Hot Surface Ignitor stopped working. Since it was the weekend, I could not get a part until Monday 1/11/2010. When I emailed the company about the warranty, this was the reply: "We do not have a mechanism to reimburse you for the part. In order to receive reimbursement, your service company will be required to file a warranty claim with our local distribution. After the warranty claim has processed, your service company would offer you the reimbursed credit amount." This tells me that I have to depend on my service company to reimburse me for the part. If my service company doesn't file a warranty claim, I'm out some money because they don't have a mechanism to reimburse me. It sounds to me that not only do they produce a substandard product, they don't have to honor their warranty. I would not buy anything from these people again.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: DImitri

"Dont Buy Lennox"
My Lennox furnace is about 6 years old now. The unit is having trouble heating the 2 story house even through the btu rating is appropriate for the size of the heating space. This is why you shouldn't buy Lennox: The replacement parts are extremely expensive to fix the units. The replacement parts are about 10 times more expensive then any other furnace brand and you can only purchase the parts from Lennox. The Circuit Board went out on my furnace 2 days ago and the repair guy determined that it was the circuit board. The replacement board cost me $660 including the $85 service call. This is a ridiculous price for the circuit board. The repairman told me that Lennox is the most overpriced furnace considering its reliability and poor performance. Lennox History in a nutshell (if interested). Lennox company was started by the Lennox Family and they built quality and reliable furnaces and that's why the brand image was so high. However, after selling the company, the quality went to crap. It is a matter of time that the terrible reliability and quality will start eating away at the Lennox brand image. Don't Buy Lennox

<< Previous567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>