Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: RB

"Noisy Motor on 95% Efficiency Lennox Furnace"
Seems like the new (installed March 2010) 95% Efficiency Lennox furnace has a very noisy motor because each vent in the house registers about the same level of loud noise. The motor noise travels through the ductwork. The furnace sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Date created: 2010-04-26 Name: Debbie Heidemann

"Heat Exhanger Cracked"
This unit was put into a new home just 3 yrs ago. I had a furnace company come out and check the furnace, he found the unit has cracked. He turned my furnace off in case there was co2 leaking. The furnace people are looking for a replacement part. As of yet, they are unable to locate one. They are waiting to hear from the company that makes these. I looked for the model number with no luck finding it.

Date created: 2010-04-24 Name: M. Laffoon

"Lennox furnace"
My mom has had a Lennox furnace for 30 years and has had very few problems with it. It is going to be replaced this year, not because of failure, but to take advantage of tax credits. I have had 2 furnaces in my home for 20 years and have also had very little problems. I wouldn't have any other furnace except Lennox.

Date created: 2010-04-12 Name: F. Williams

"What a joke"
Bought this furnace and air conditioner at Warren Heat and Air in Council Bluffs, Iowa. They told me that they could not charge the new air conditioner because of cold weather as it was cold weather when we had them install the units. They will not return the calls. I have tried about 8 times.

Date created: 2010-04-10 Name: Peter Rennie

"Lennox Gv61"
Replaced a perfectly good 25 year old furnace for this "high efficient" model. Has cost more in service calls than I probably will save in gas bills for the rest of my life! After barely a year, furnace kept cutting out (-40 outside) service man replaced flame sensor, had the furnace fully serviced last June and now is cutting out when goes to high output setting, LED's show no problem, another call. Replaced another furnace on rental, at same time has also needed at least 3 service calls and annual tuneup!

Date created: 2010-03-30 Name: Brad Francis
Location: NM

"Contractor vs Equipment"
Engineer for a mechanical contractor in NM. I felt compelled to comment on some of the reviews I have read here. In most of the reviews, if you read between the lines, poor workmanship and installation practices cause a lot of problems with all brands of equipment today. Noisy systems (ductwork), ignition problems (gas pressure and venting), frozen condensate lines (draining outside in cold climates), circuit boards (faulty wiring installations) are typical issues in the trade today. The contractor you chose is most important followed by the equipment. If the price is your first concern, you will probably be writing a bad review here also! Find a knowledgable contractor to install a quality brand (Lennox) and the cost will be reasonable.

Date created: 2010-03-25 Name: B. Cook

"G32Q Problem Child"
Lasted for most of four years when the combustion air fan died to the tune of $300. Then it just stopped all together one day, indicating a flame rollout had occurred. The vents were clear, clean and properly installed. The fresh air intake fitting was melted, and if melted through, would have killed us with co. Luckily I had a good co detector! In my opinion, a very poorly designed system. Most other brands will shut down immediately on a flame rollout, a required safety measure. This piece of crap was melting the vent way before it indicated any problems.

Date created: 2010-03-21 Name: David H.

"David H"
We are an HVAC company. We try a lot of brands, like Goodman, Carrier, Bryant, Luxaire and Trane. You have to have a good installation company to install any of the products. Also, you need a manufacture who will stand behind their products. We try a lot of products and we found Lennox is the only one that give us the best service when we have a problem we can't fix. We call some of them and they never call us back and we look bad for our company. We talk to the Lennox service tech and he came out and fixed the problem for us. Also, I have a problem with one of the outdoor unit. We called our saleman and told him about it. He has no problem. He gave my customer a new outdoor unit. We replaced it for no cost to my customer. All manufacturers are going to have some problem with some of their units. Just make sure they will stand by their product. Lennox has a good housekeeping seal that nobody else has. If the company you are using can't do that, you have to find a company that will stand behind what they sell.

Date created: 2010-03-14 Name: Mike

"G23 nothing but problems from day one"
I have hated this furnace since day one. Many problems including replacing a $200+ control/spark box. Waking up to a cold house numerous times in the am, reset power, and would work again for a day, a week or a month then fail again. Now, my heat exchanger has failed, and yes it's under warranty for 20 years, BUT FOR PARTS ONLY. Cheapest contractor wants $400-$600 dollars to replace. So heads up heat exchanger warranties don't mean anything!!!! Most are parts only!!! Check your paperwork. Also keep in mind if you want to fix your own furnace, Lennox will not sell you the part direct, you must have one of their techs do the work. This stinks if you are handy, and want to save some money doing the work yourself! Stay away from Lennox!

Date created: 2010-03-10 Name: Joy Sullivan

"Lennox - a breath of fresh quality!"
Had a Bryant high-efficiency furnace that experience several failures and finally a secondary heat exchanger that went bad. Rather than accept a small manufacturer discount for replacing, we switched to a Lennox two-stage variable high-efficiency. What a world of difference! Quieter, no repairs to date, easier to maintain. Per discussions with various techs, Lennox incorporate many small differences that combine to deliver a superior product overall. After three years, we can say with confidence that this unit is far superior. Some friends just had a Lennox installed and are equally happy.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>