Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-10 Name: L. Marks

"Junk! Terrible installation!"
Lennox furnace and AC installed in 2002. AC fine but furnace is a piece of junk having had 3 control panels, numerous new wiring, flame sensor, 2 thermostats, anything to try and find the problem in the past 2 years. Replaced last week with new Amana 95%. Many mistakes in installation found when disassembling the Lennox. It is all in the installation after much research and educating myself on furnace and AC before purchase. My new furnace, wiring, gas line, etc. now looks like a well organized piece of machinery. The old Lennox looked like a hodge-podge of wiring, unlevel metal, filter eating sheet metal and pipes everywhere.

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: T.

"Lennox Furnace"
I have 3 systems in my home. When I added them to my house, I put in Goodman products for the addition and nothing but problems! On my older part of my house, I have a 93% variable furnace by Lennox, put in about 9 years ago and I have never had a problem. I am going to switch back to Lennox.

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Knows Better

"YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUNNY"
Being in the industry, I find it amusing reading all these, blaming the manufacturer. The people you all should be looking at especially those of you with leaks is the installers. Leaks are caused by bad welds and the line sets don't come factory welded. They are done at install. Then, there are the ones who say their units are freezing up, which is probably because the units are oversized which again goes back to the installer not the manufacturer.

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Leonard Prestia

"Lennox furnace/AC blower motor failure"
One year out of warranty, the blower stops working. Here we sit making buckets of sweat. The replacement motor is five days away, at least. Not only that it is going to cost $800, this is a top of the line unit from the (so-called) best AC maker in the business. Is this a shafting or what?

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Carol Rawnsley

"Lennox Furnace Installed, Now I Need to Have the Drainage Hole in the Basement Covered"
I just bought my Lennox furnace, Model # 661mv-090, June 4th and had it installed, but the installer had to widen the drainage hole in the basement floor to accommodate the drainage pipes from the furnace and the water softener. Now the cover that was on the drain will no longer fit and the drainage pipe hole is left open. Now there is a bad smell in the basement when there was none before. My daughter says her furnace man put wax in her drainage hole in her basement. Have you heard of this and why can't my furnace man (Uxbridge Heating & Cooling Ltd. 905-852-7157) do this?

Date created: 2010-05-28 Name: John Sexton

"Oldie, but a Goodie"
Installed in 1992, Whisper Heat Model. Had the blower motor replaced about 4 years ago. That I believe was caused by a mouse! But it's still running strong.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: R.B.

"Noisy Motor on 95% Efficiency Lennox Furnace"
Seems like the new (installed March 2010) 95% efficiency Lennox furnace has a very noisy motor because each vent in the house registers about the same level of loud noise. The motor noise travels through the ductwork. The furnace sounds like a high-pitched vacuum cleaner.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: RB

"Noisy Motor on 95% Efficiency Lennox Furnace"
Seems like the new (installed March 2010) 95% Efficiency Lennox furnace has a very noisy motor because each vent in the house registers about the same level of loud noise. The motor noise travels through the ductwork. The furnace sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Date created: 2010-04-26 Name: Debbie Heidemann

"Heat Exhanger Cracked"
This unit was put into a new home just 3 yrs ago. I had a furnace company come out and check the furnace, he found the unit has cracked. He turned my furnace off in case there was co2 leaking. The furnace people are looking for a replacement part. As of yet, they are unable to locate one. They are waiting to hear from the company that makes these. I looked for the model number with no luck finding it.

Date created: 2010-04-24 Name: M. Laffoon

"Lennox furnace"
My mom has had a Lennox furnace for 30 years and has had very few problems with it. It is going to be replaced this year, not because of failure, but to take advantage of tax credits. I have had 2 furnaces in my home for 20 years and have also had very little problems. I wouldn't have any other furnace except Lennox.

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>