Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: Kevin M
Location: Chicago IL

"Blame the installer not the furnace"
I am an HVAC professional and have been in the business for 20 years. (Private Contractor - service and install) Most of these complaints are due to improper installation or lack of competence on the service company's part. Lennox does not have bad heat exchangers or parts and their warranty is top in class. If a heat exchanger fails prematurely most likely it is from lack of maintenance or improperly sized ductwork causing airflow restrictions. Unfortunately a lot of people out there claim to be pros and install equipment that they simply could not understand. A furnace is the heart of the system and the ductwork is the arteries....if the arteries are bad the heart will not work properly. I sell, service and install all brands but when asked for a recommendation I recommend Lennox because when we are done installing it the job is correct and the whole system performs properly. If you have problems call a competent service company and stop listening to made up excuses from an unskilled company.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: D Waldron
Location: Madison, OH

"Worst ever"
This is the 2nd furnace in our 20 yr old house! We now have the choice of either getting a second circuit board w/ relay switch or purchase a new furnace...We are opting for a new, different brand of furnace

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: Barbara
Location: Meridian Idaho

"6 Years old"
Same problem, the system is 6 years old and a new board cost almost $800.00 so sad that people and things are not what they used to be.

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: Ron
Location: Fairfax, VA

"Lennox- Ignition module not worth it..."
I'm having to replace an ignition module costing $500 after replacing a control motor for the blower last year. That being said parts need to be shipped since they're not stocked locally. Since the unit is 15 years old, I'm replacing it rather than deal with the let-downs I have experienced with the unit thus far...

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: John Loux
Location: Broken Arrow Ok.

"Signature Collection"
I have used this furnace one season,and the first time I turn it on this year it fails to lite. Was told it had a bad gas valve and Lennox did not have one and their on backorder.On top of that it is going to cost me $200 labor to install it if it ever comes in. Would not recomend buying a Lennox.

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: Bob Malins
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Elite series high eff"
For some reason the unit starts to 'gurgle' every now and then and requires that a condensation unit be removed and drained to quiet the unit down.

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: larry schmickle
Location: republic, mo

"Unsatisfied"
The ignition card has failed, local dealers wants $700.00 just to put a card in it. I've owned various brands in the past and have had no problems. This is less than 10yrs old in a new home and already I have to spend almost half the price of a furnace just to replace a card!

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: J. SMITH
Location: IOWA

"NEVER EVER AGAIN"
After SEVEN tranformers blowing up... yes BLOWING-UP ---the contactor and the company were are a loss as to why we thought their furnace was a peice of crap. The exploding tranformers contaminated the house with PCB's in the tranformer. Had the whole furnace unit torn out and put in a competitors unit, but had to scrub down the contaminated walls, floor and ceiling, and had to replace carpet. This company produces an UGLY UNRELIABLE UNIT

Date created: 2010-11-05 Name: Dennis Ferguson
Location: [email protected]

"I got really screwed with this air handler"
When it was installed in the early summer, it had on element of the heating system on 24/7 and I got electric bills twice the normal! The system is also noisy. It makes a groaning sound when it starts up and shuts down. I also makes a roaring sound when running. The electronics are primitive.

Date created: 2010-11-01 Name: sjwooaw
Location: Monroe, WI

"Oh my..."
I have reviewed before but after reading more and more reviews it is clear to me that most people submitting reviews are not the smartest cookies in the jar. This site is for reviewing the LENNOX furnace NOT the companies who make mistake after mistake and in the end cannot be found bc they closed or Lennox yanked they dealer rights. I am very happy with my Lennox company in Monroe, WI. They are competent, smart and most importanty courteous to me and my home. So before you go submitting a review ranting and raving about Lennox being awful bc of leaks, or bc the installer couldn't fix it or any other reason besides something to do with the actual manufacturing of the product tkae a deep breath and think. What is this site for? If you want to review your service or isntall co than go somewhere else and quit giving Lennox a bad name bc you are an idiot.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>