Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2010-09-30 Name: T Ben
Location: Canada

"G61MPV moneypit"
I own a Lennox g61mpv, for just over 6 years. 9 service calls in that time. I have replaced the igniter twice in the same year, part was not warrantied even though it was less than 8 months old. Just replaced the inducer motor today, which I'm told was recalled for the same condition ours had (cracked plastic housing?), but in our case did not apply...? Repair costs over $900 so far this year, just out of warranty. Purchased a Lennox because I thought they would have figured it out after their Pulse furnace fiasco. I guess not! I know now, to turn on the oven and open the door, as a back up to the G61MPV. Get a good oven!

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: anthony poliso

"Elite Series G61 Gas Furnace"
Is it good

Date created: 2010-08-14 Name: J. Iva
Location: Adrian, MI.

"Awesome performance!"
I had a Lennox g61 Elite Series installed in my 2000 sq ft Duplex to replace two 1950s gm Delco Furnaces. This is a two stage 95% efficient unit. On first (low) stage it is so quiet that my tenants asked why could they never hear the furnace run? It is a properly sized furnace for the square footage, and properly sized duct work. Combine this with professional installers who knew exactly what they were doing and you have an awesome system. On low stage you have to put your hand near a heat register to confirm heat, it is that quiet. Thats the variable speed blower motor at work. On second (high) stage the airflow is turbo even on the 2nd story registers. Airflow is strong, but surprisingly quiet; can barely be heard. The tenant on the first floor says that in high stage he "thinks" he can hear the furnace below his kitchen. He is correct that is where it is. I will update this in January with a dead of winter report.

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: Dennis

"Secret Recall"
I have a g71mpp 070 that was installed about 18 months ago. The heat exchanger failed in the first year. I have found out the Lennox knows about the problem with the metal in their g71mpp but will only deal with it as complaints are submitted. This poses a serious safety issue and should result in a recall of the g71mpp. Before the fall I will be removing this furnace for my piece of mind.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Manzy

"50 years workin good"
Owned a Lennox in home for 50 years. It's a late 50s to early 60s furnace. Only replaced a mechanical part that went out to a digital unit. Bad efficiencies but runs like a top.

Date created: 2010-07-10 Name: L. Marks

"Junk! Terrible installation!"
Lennox furnace and AC installed in 2002. AC fine but furnace is a piece of junk having had 3 control panels, numerous new wiring, flame sensor, 2 thermostats, anything to try and find the problem in the past 2 years. Replaced last week with new Amana 95%. Many mistakes in installation found when disassembling the Lennox. It is all in the installation after much research and educating myself on furnace and AC before purchase. My new furnace, wiring, gas line, etc. now looks like a well organized piece of machinery. The old Lennox looked like a hodge-podge of wiring, unlevel metal, filter eating sheet metal and pipes everywhere.

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: T.

"Lennox Furnace"
I have 3 systems in my home. When I added them to my house, I put in Goodman products for the addition and nothing but problems! On my older part of my house, I have a 93% variable furnace by Lennox, put in about 9 years ago and I have never had a problem. I am going to switch back to Lennox.

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Knows Better

"YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUNNY"
Being in the industry, I find it amusing reading all these, blaming the manufacturer. The people you all should be looking at especially those of you with leaks is the installers. Leaks are caused by bad welds and the line sets don't come factory welded. They are done at install. Then, there are the ones who say their units are freezing up, which is probably because the units are oversized which again goes back to the installer not the manufacturer.

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Leonard Prestia

"Lennox furnace/AC blower motor failure"
One year out of warranty, the blower stops working. Here we sit making buckets of sweat. The replacement motor is five days away, at least. Not only that it is going to cost $800, this is a top of the line unit from the (so-called) best AC maker in the business. Is this a shafting or what?

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Carol Rawnsley

"Lennox Furnace Installed, Now I Need to Have the Drainage Hole in the Basement Covered"
I just bought my Lennox furnace, Model # 661mv-090, June 4th and had it installed, but the installer had to widen the drainage hole in the basement floor to accommodate the drainage pipes from the furnace and the water softener. Now the cover that was on the drain will no longer fit and the drainage pipe hole is left open. Now there is a bad smell in the basement when there was none before. My daughter says her furnace man put wax in her drainage hole in her basement. Have you heard of this and why can't my furnace man (Uxbridge Heating & Cooling Ltd. 905-852-7157) do this?

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>