Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: John D
Location: Boston, MA

"My thoughts"
I'm just reading through most of the reviews you guys are writing. I am a HVAC technician from Boston. Each region of the country have different demands, example those in Florida wouldn't need the same equipment that someone may need in Denver. Florida needs more Ac and dehumidifications where in Denver you would more likely need more of a heating unit with humidifiers to add moisture in the air for the winters. At the end of the day, majority of the complaints I'm reading falls back on the contractor and whether or not they took the necessary steps to provide you guys with the exact needs for you. That's when sizing of the equipment both ac and heat because you have 2 different formulas the expert needs to know. 90% of the time its not the equipment's fault something goes wrong, its whether you routinely do service or if it was properly Installed. I stand by both Lennox and Bryant. They are in my opinion the most reliable units you can invest in. I Install them in my friends and family's homes. I just wanted to add my opinion as most of the complaints I've read were from not having it properly installed or techs that don't know what they are doing.

Date created: 2017-02-15 Name: Brian H
Location: Washington, DC

"GSR21Q4/5-100 GOOD FURNACE"
We have had 5 of these in our building, for 20 + years now. This is a discontinued model, so its not like your going to go out and purchase one. One unit we replaced because of leaks from the condensate drain pan, and oh yeah, the motor burnt out. Another one is on the chopping block because it has multiple issues, it has become a financial sink hole, and the administration here has finally agreed to replace it. The pulse technology is kind of scattershot, no one else uses this type of ignition. Of the other three, one runs on ac/ fan all the time, for a server room, so the gas furnace is not used much if at all. Two others still work good, but sometimes they overheat and shut off for no apparent reason. Recently I repaired a condensate drain line leak at the unit. Change the filters every three months, and get it serviced once or twice a year, you should be fine. One other problem with this line is the ac coil is inaccessible, so that you can not get in to clean it. The coils should be cleaned every three months when you change the filters. I am a maintenance person writing this on behalf of the property owners.

Date created: 2017-02-06 Name: Bo Lu
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Very unreliable"
I bought a Lennox g61mpv in 2006. soon after, it started leaking water all over the places. Now at about 10 years, it quit working! Inducer fan and blower both stopped working! Bad quality.

Date created: 2016-12-20 Name: Safeena
Location: San Francisco area

"Five weeks before breakfown!"
It's a new furnace installed in May. Therefore we didn't turn it on until five weeks ago and it began to get cold. As of Sunday, it stopped working altogether. The technician tested everything and found that the motherboard was shorting out. We live in California the closest motherboard is in Texas. By the time it is delivered and installed we will have been without heat for 5 days and a home with a bone marrow transplant patient. I'm horrified that something could break down so quickly and now I'm very very suspicious about what else is going on in that unit

Date created: 2016-12-07 Name: Albert Bellerive
Location: Slave Lake Alberta

"Poor service"
It's winter time and my Lennox furnace has let my family down again. Last time is was ignitor. Was informed to purchase a better quality one from Lennox. I did, and don't you build them with good ones in it? We are having furnace issues again as are a couple of my friends. My friend called for repair 2 days ago. Still nothing. I called today. I'm worried. It's -25 here. Other service people won't touch Lennox products.

Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: Cynthia Strain
Location: Highlands, NC

"Works fine but too noisy"
This furnace is so noisy that my cat hid in the back room for 4 days, hardly coming out or eating. It was installed in a closet in my living room adjacent to my bedroom. The thing makes a horribly loud sound when it comes on, worse when the flame ignites, and worse still when the fan starts. It has a high-pitched whine throughout as well. It is horrible. That said, it works fine, warms the house well. But it has only been 10 days since installation. I wish the contractor had taken the location of the furnace into consideration when they decided which model to install. My neighbor has a new Air-Flo, and it is so quiet that I only noticed the warm air coming out of the vent, never heard it come on, yet it is also in a closet adjacent to their living room.

Date created: 2016-09-20 Name: Scott
Location: Utah

"Lasted only 6.5 years"
Our Lennox motor went out in just 6 1/2 years. Not a quality product. I will never own Lennox again!

Date created: 2016-05-28 Name: M. Perez
Location: Chicago, IL

"Lennox the best furnace"
Purchased a Lennox gas furnace and it's still working. The only reason why I'm considering replacing my furnace is because I know it's no longer energy efficient. Otherwise I would not replace it. Two service calls in 23 years, and one of those calls we found it was the thermostat, not the furnace! Lennox is by far the best, even in cold Chicago winters!

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Lennox Furnace Keeps Us Warm"
I've owned my Lennox furnace since November 2008. I was moving to this condo from Florida, and my daughter, who lives in this same town where the condo is located, investigated several different brands of furnaces. Of course, we discussed brands, models, and prices over the phone. She and I chose this Lennox model over all the others. She had it installed (replaced the very old furnace in the condo) so the furnace was ready for me when I arrived in February of 2009. I paid for the furnace in 2008. I like this furnace because it is quick to heat and I can adjust the level of heat easily with my Lennox thermostat. I have my furnace served once a year by the same Service Experts who installed it for my daughter. They keep it running nicely for me. Thus, I have no complaints about my Lennox furnace. Regarding repairs, as I mentioned, I have it serviced once a year. It has never needed repairs, only regular maintenance. I would definitely recommend this Lennox furnace model to others and I would certainly buy another Lennox furnace if and when it becomes necessary. Over the years, my family has owned Lennox furnaces and we've always had good service from Lennox equipment.

Date created: 2016-04-20 Location: Troy,New York

"My Lennox Whisper Heat furnace review"
I am very satisfied with my Lennox furnace. This is the original furnace from when the house was built and I bought in nineteen ninety. It runs quietly and has been for twenty six years now. Whenever the cold weather is upon us, my furnace kicks on every single time it's needed. I have never had a problem with this furnace. No repairs or repairmen have ever been needed. I really like the fact that after all these years, my Lennox furnace runs as quietly and efficient as the first day it kicked on over twenty five years ago. I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend Lennox furnaces to anyone in need.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>