Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: Cynthia Strain
Location: Highlands, NC

"Works fine but too noisy"
This furnace is so noisy that my cat hid in the back room for 4 days, hardly coming out or eating. It was installed in a closet in my living room adjacent to my bedroom. The thing makes a horribly loud sound when it comes on, worse when the flame ignites, and worse still when the fan starts. It has a high-pitched whine throughout as well. It is horrible. That said, it works fine, warms the house well. But it has only been 10 days since installation. I wish the contractor had taken the location of the furnace into consideration when they decided which model to install. My neighbor has a new Air-Flo, and it is so quiet that I only noticed the warm air coming out of the vent, never heard it come on, yet it is also in a closet adjacent to their living room.

Date created: 2016-09-20 Name: Scott
Location: Utah

"Lasted only 6.5 years"
Our Lennox motor went out in just 6 1/2 years. Not a quality product. I will never own Lennox again!

Date created: 2016-05-28 Name: M. Perez
Location: Chicago, IL

"Lennox the best furnace"
Purchased a Lennox gas furnace and it's still working. The only reason why I'm considering replacing my furnace is because I know it's no longer energy efficient. Otherwise I would not replace it. Two service calls in 23 years, and one of those calls we found it was the thermostat, not the furnace! Lennox is by far the best, even in cold Chicago winters!

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Lennox Furnace Keeps Us Warm"
I've owned my Lennox furnace since November 2008. I was moving to this condo from Florida, and my daughter, who lives in this same town where the condo is located, investigated several different brands of furnaces. Of course, we discussed brands, models, and prices over the phone. She and I chose this Lennox model over all the others. She had it installed (replaced the very old furnace in the condo) so the furnace was ready for me when I arrived in February of 2009. I paid for the furnace in 2008. I like this furnace because it is quick to heat and I can adjust the level of heat easily with my Lennox thermostat. I have my furnace served once a year by the same Service Experts who installed it for my daughter. They keep it running nicely for me. Thus, I have no complaints about my Lennox furnace. Regarding repairs, as I mentioned, I have it serviced once a year. It has never needed repairs, only regular maintenance. I would definitely recommend this Lennox furnace model to others and I would certainly buy another Lennox furnace if and when it becomes necessary. Over the years, my family has owned Lennox furnaces and we've always had good service from Lennox equipment.

Date created: 2016-04-20 Location: Troy,New York

"My Lennox Whisper Heat furnace review"
I am very satisfied with my Lennox furnace. This is the original furnace from when the house was built and I bought in nineteen ninety. It runs quietly and has been for twenty six years now. Whenever the cold weather is upon us, my furnace kicks on every single time it's needed. I have never had a problem with this furnace. No repairs or repairmen have ever been needed. I really like the fact that after all these years, my Lennox furnace runs as quietly and efficient as the first day it kicked on over twenty five years ago. I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend Lennox furnaces to anyone in need.

Date created: 2016-02-05 Name: W. Pinder
Location: Bel Air, MD

"Great heating system"
Purchased this unit in October 2015 and I am very happy. The unit is efficient and quiet. Installed by a local HVAC provider with no issues. This is my first experience with Lennox and so far I'm impressed. Will see how the AC unit works in the spring.

Date created: 2015-12-17 Name: J Szelc
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ

"Happy homeowner"
My Lennox gas heater and central air conditioner was installed back in February 1995. The units replaced an electric heat pump. We have never had a service call. It's now 20 years later and I'm now finding a problem with the heater firing up but not always putting out heat. I will be calling a service technician. With my great long term experience I have nothing but good things to report about Lennox. I do believe that HVAC systems won't last the 30-40+ years that many used to. I would buy a Lennox again.

Date created: 2015-12-02 Location: Danville, Illinois

"Great little furnace"
I purchased this furnace to replace a worn out furnace with a cracked heat exchanger in the late spring of 2014. It has now weathered the winter of 2014/15 and I have recently fired it up this fall 2015 for another cold Illinois winter. This furnace is a high efficiency model, and it certainly doesn't disappoint. The house is 3220 square feet, and this furnace has no problem heating it to a nice toasty temperature in the coldest of weather, and while not breaking the bank. When it was installed, a vent pipe for the exhaust had to be routed to the outside - which was done fairly easily. The drawback to this vent pipe is that a fair amount of condensate drips out and onto a stone patio, where it freezes like a stalagmite in the winter. I have now resorted to using a large bucket to capture the water as it drips - at least I don't risk damaging the patio below. All in all, I am quite happy with the reliability and performance of this furnace, and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a new unit. I like its efficiency and reliability. Although it is fairly new, I have never had any issues with it. I would buy the same unit again, and would recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2015-10-18 Name: Burns
Location: Bruceton Mills, WV

"Does not work every winter"
I am the same as a lot of other people. Every winter it needs to be repaired. I live in a brand new house and have had to have the furnace repaired 8 times in three years.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Pueblo, CO

"Excellent quality and productivity"
We have personally owned the furnace for 6+ years, but it looks to be the original furnace from when the house was built back in 1964. I love that it is still working, for one thing! I also love that we haven't had to do any kind of service or repairs to it in the 6+ years that we have lived here. I can't think of anything that I don't like about it. The only thing we have had to do is re-light the pilot light a couple times, which is no big deal. When we move, or when this furnace finally goes out, I will absolutely be looking to install a Lennox furnace. Although, if it goes out, I would try to repair it before I tried to replace it! I am sure that they built them better back in the day, and that is part of why it is still going, but I am willing to give Lennox the benefit of the doubt and buy their furnace again. I would completely recommend this furnace to anyone.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>