Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: L Millr
Location: Calgary Alberta

"Just installed"
Just has it installed, gives off great heat, but it's noisy. The reviews said it was quiet, that's not true. It sounds like a jet engine shutting down when it shuts down, and it comes through the vents in my house and a constant hum, like the hum of the jet engine. Way too loud, my wonderful installer has come back 3 times to try to fix it, even changed out parts and reworked vents, nothing has helped. It is terrible

Date created: 2017-11-06 Name: Lynda Erickson
Location: Everett, WA

"Big Mistake"
Purchased furnace on November 14, 2013 & paid over $8,000. Iím on a fixed income so made no interest payments for six months. On November 2, 2015 the condensed pump went out (only one year warranty on this part) it wasnít covered & I paid $312 to get it replaced. On October 2014 furnace wouldnít work & repairman charged $147 to diagnosis problem. The inside blower needed to be replaced. Part was under warranty but labor was $356. The furnace is still under warranty & itís already breaking down. My recommendation to anyone is to look at a different brand & avoid this one at all costs!

Date created: 2017-11-01 Name: Anne
Location: Minnesota

"New Construction"
New construction & our furnace has only seen 3 winters. 2nd year a sensor broke & needed replacing. This year (October) the igniter burnt up due to a completely fried motherboard. Needed to replace both. Parts & labor not covered for first repair and labor $300 for last repair not covered. Waited 3 days in 35 degree weather for part to arrive. Cringe at the thought of next season. Will never purchase this furnace again & am tempted to call our builder to complain.

Date created: 2017-10-23 Name: L Millr
Location: Calgary, Alberta

"Wonderful Furance"
Pascal and his helper installed it in a day. The City will inspect Wednesday. First I noticed how quiet is is. I have the fan running at about 30% to get rid of the smells from the vent glue, but in a few days that will be gone. Love it, it's so quiet. Would recommend it to anyone.

Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: John D
Location: Boston, MA

"My thoughts"
I'm just reading through most of the reviews you guys are writing. I am a HVAC technician from Boston. Each region of the country have different demands, example those in Florida wouldn't need the same equipment that someone may need in Denver. Florida needs more Ac and dehumidifications where in Denver you would more likely need more of a heating unit with humidifiers to add moisture in the air for the winters. At the end of the day, majority of the complaints I'm reading falls back on the contractor and whether or not they took the necessary steps to provide you guys with the exact needs for you. That's when sizing of the equipment both ac and heat because you have 2 different formulas the expert needs to know. 90% of the time its not the equipment's fault something goes wrong, its whether you routinely do service or if it was properly Installed. I stand by both Lennox and Bryant. They are in my opinion the most reliable units you can invest in. I Install them in my friends and family's homes. I just wanted to add my opinion as most of the complaints I've read were from not having it properly installed or techs that don't know what they are doing.

Date created: 2017-02-15 Name: Brian H
Location: Washington, DC

"GSR21Q4/5-100 GOOD FURNACE"
We have had 5 of these in our building, for 20 + years now. This is a discontinued model, so its not like your going to go out and purchase one. One unit we replaced because of leaks from the condensate drain pan, and oh yeah, the motor burnt out. Another one is on the chopping block because it has multiple issues, it has become a financial sink hole, and the administration here has finally agreed to replace it. The pulse technology is kind of scattershot, no one else uses this type of ignition. Of the other three, one runs on ac/ fan all the time, for a server room, so the gas furnace is not used much if at all. Two others still work good, but sometimes they overheat and shut off for no apparent reason. Recently I repaired a condensate drain line leak at the unit. Change the filters every three months, and get it serviced once or twice a year, you should be fine. One other problem with this line is the ac coil is inaccessible, so that you can not get in to clean it. The coils should be cleaned every three months when you change the filters. I am a maintenance person writing this on behalf of the property owners.

Date created: 2017-02-06 Name: Bo Lu
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Very unreliable"
I bought a Lennox g61mpv in 2006. soon after, it started leaking water all over the places. Now at about 10 years, it quit working! Inducer fan and blower both stopped working! Bad quality.

Date created: 2016-12-20 Name: Safeena
Location: San Francisco area

"Five weeks before breakfown!"
It's a new furnace installed in May. Therefore we didn't turn it on until five weeks ago and it began to get cold. As of Sunday, it stopped working altogether. The technician tested everything and found that the motherboard was shorting out. We live in California the closest motherboard is in Texas. By the time it is delivered and installed we will have been without heat for 5 days and a home with a bone marrow transplant patient. I'm horrified that something could break down so quickly and now I'm very very suspicious about what else is going on in that unit

Date created: 2016-12-07 Name: Albert Bellerive
Location: Slave Lake Alberta

"Poor service"
It's winter time and my Lennox furnace has let my family down again. Last time is was ignitor. Was informed to purchase a better quality one from Lennox. I did, and don't you build them with good ones in it? We are having furnace issues again as are a couple of my friends. My friend called for repair 2 days ago. Still nothing. I called today. I'm worried. It's -25 here. Other service people won't touch Lennox products.

Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: Cynthia Strain
Location: Highlands, NC

"Works fine but too noisy"
This furnace is so noisy that my cat hid in the back room for 4 days, hardly coming out or eating. It was installed in a closet in my living room adjacent to my bedroom. The thing makes a horribly loud sound when it comes on, worse when the flame ignites, and worse still when the fan starts. It has a high-pitched whine throughout as well. It is horrible. That said, it works fine, warms the house well. But it has only been 10 days since installation. I wish the contractor had taken the location of the furnace into consideration when they decided which model to install. My neighbor has a new Air-Flo, and it is so quiet that I only noticed the warm air coming out of the vent, never heard it come on, yet it is also in a closet adjacent to their living room.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>