Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2019-05-02 Name: p l
Location: Pennsylvania

"Never buy a Lennox"
I have no idea whether the problem is with the furnace or the only people who are allowed to service it. Terrible>>> Do not buy one, because there are only their "professionals" who can service them...They have been here five times in the last year and still have not fixed it.

Date created: 2019-01-24 Name: Lynn Fischer
Location: Pennsylvania

"Lennox Furnace is a piece of junk"
I have a 4-year-old Lennox Elite Oil Furnace that is junk. It was poorly installed (fuel oil running out onto the floor from the outside filter forming a large pool on the floor 2 days after installation) and has repeatedly leaked fuel oil inside the furnace. Fuel oil drips from under the assembly. I have had the authorized dealer/service firm (McKean in Washington, Pa) in here multiple time to fix it, and it just continues to leak. In November of 2016, I spent a 3 week period largely without heat. I gave up every vacation day, personal day and sick day for that entire year to be off work so McKean could come in here nearly every day. Got it started when they got here, only to have it stop, leaking oil and with the lockout light blinking in as little as an hour. They have replaced multiple parts. They put shims in to lift one side. They most recently (in the last 2 weeks) replaced the entire assembly. It still leaks. I have to remove the front and wipe fuel oil several times a day or the air filter gets soaked. Even so, the filter gets oil on it (from the top and bottom) and has to be replaced every several days or it stinks. The house smells like fuel oil. I have contacted Lennox corporate several times. They refer me back to the dealer (who is now charging me for failed repairs, $300 the last time) and to the district rep (who is not only no use, but offers inappropriate comments - like not understanding why I am upset about this and that I need to confront their authorized dealer on these charges for failed repairs). I'm beginning to think that being a retired, unmarried woman may have something to do with why I am being ripped off and run over. I paid $3,500 for this furnace 4 years ago, and have paid close to $600 more for failed repairs. I have never had an experience like this in my life. Short of litigation against Lennox and their authorized dealer/service (which this may come to), I'm not sure what to do next. Is there anyone out there who fix this junk Lennox furnace? If so, you can respond via email or pm me on Facebook. In the meantime, I'm letting others know about my experience so that they can make an informed decision as to the brand of furnace they purchase and from which dealer.
Date created: 2018-11-14 Name: Dale
Location: Canada

" Costly, high maintenance"
The advertising budget should be spent on trying to get quality.
Date created: 2018-01-26 Name: Gloria
Location: Austin, TX

"This product is no good."
Bought unit and furnace in 2015 couple of months furnace froze.techinan came and fixed it. Then last year 2017 had to call technician to come cause found water leaking. Technician came out and fixed it. I pay every month, so they can come and services my furnace. Of course technician said everything okay. Well winter has been pretty cold, well we would sat heater at 79 and up 80 degrees, and it would not come on. House would be at 69 degrees and still heater would not come on til hour later. Technician came out twice charging $75.00. said it was a part that was needed. Again I had to call for them to come out cause it was doing the same thing. Strand's brothers is the company that we went through to get the Lennox Ac. So I'm told that it's a part that is freezing up and delays the gas to flow through. After I have been complaining about it. Was told that I have to pay for the labor of $199.00 for them to come out and install. I don't think I have to for a them to come and put in a defective part that should have been check in the first place. I would not recommend strand's brothers or Lennox.
Date created: 2017-12-05 Name: Donna Simale
Location: Schaumburg, IL

"Costco Lennox Heating & Airconditioning Installed October 2017"
We had a Engineer Chris who give us an estimate on replacing our York Heating and air conditioner. This was our third company giving an estimate. What was impressive, is Chris was the only one who asked us a series of questions. It was what he needed to give us the system that would best suit our needs. Chris was very professional, and extremely knowledgeable. Two months after the installation, he came back to look over the entire installation, and asked us if we were satisfied. Our new Lennox, is quieter, it will circulate the air from the living room to the back bedrooms when using the fireplace. We went with 80% efficiency, because after talking to Chris, it was the best in meeting our needs. The installers Rob and Scott, worked all day without a break, and did a great job. We are Costco members, and went through Costco. Both my husband and I couldnít be happier with our choice.
Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: L Millr
Location: Calgary Alberta

"Just installed"
Just has it installed, gives off great heat, but it's noisy. The reviews said it was quiet, that's not true. It sounds like a jet engine shutting down when it shuts down, and it comes through the vents in my house and a constant hum, like the hum of the jet engine. Way too loud, my wonderful installer has come back 3 times to try to fix it, even changed out parts and reworked vents, nothing has helped. It is terrible
Date created: 2017-11-06 Name: Lynda Erickson
Location: Everett, WA

"Big Mistake"
Purchased furnace on November 14, 2013 & paid over $8,000. Iím on a fixed income so made no interest payments for six months. On November 2, 2015 the condensed pump went out (only one year warranty on this part) it wasnít covered & I paid $312 to get it replaced. On October 2014 furnace wouldnít work & repairman charged $147 to diagnosis problem. The inside blower needed to be replaced. Part was under warranty but labor was $356. The furnace is still under warranty & itís already breaking down. My recommendation to anyone is to look at a different brand & avoid this one at all costs!
Date created: 2017-11-01 Name: Anne
Location: Minnesota

"New Construction"
New construction & our furnace has only seen 3 winters. 2Nd year a sensor broke & needed replacing. This year (October) the igniter burnt up due to a completely fried motherboard. Needed to replace both. Parts & labor not covered for first repair and labor $300 for last repair not covered. Waited 3 days in 35 degree weather for part to arrive. Cringe at the thought of next season. Will never purchase this furnace again & am tempted to call our builder to complain.
Date created: 2017-10-23 Name: L Millr
Location: Calgary, Alberta

"Wonderful Furance"
Pascal and his helper installed it in a day. The City will inspect Wednesday. First I noticed how quiet is is. I have the fan running at about 30% to get rid of the smells from the vent glue, but in a few days that will be gone. Love it, it's so quiet. Would recommend it to anyone.
Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: John D
Location: Boston, MA

"My thoughts"
I'm just reading through most of the reviews you guys are writing. I am a HVAC technician from Boston. Each region of the country have different demands, example those in Florida wouldn't need the same equipment that someone may need in Denver. Florida needs more Ac and dehumidifications where in Denver you would more likely need more of a heating unit with humidifiers to add moisture in the air for the winters. At the end of the day, majority of the complaints I'm reading falls back on the contractor and whether or not they took the necessary steps to provide you guys with the exact needs for you. That's when sizing of the equipment both ac and heat because you have 2 different formulas the expert needs to know. 90% of the time its not the equipment's fault something goes wrong, its whether you routinely do service or if it was properly Installed. I stand by both Lennox and Bryant. They are in my opinion the most reliable units you can invest in. I Install them in my friends and family's homes. I just wanted to add my opinion as most of the complaints I've read were from not having it properly installed or techs that don't know what they are doing.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>