Consumer Reviews of Kelvinator furnaces

Read more about Kelvinator furnaces

Date created: 2016-03-23 Location: Grove City, OH

"Kelvinator 72,000 Forced Air Furnace Review"
I purchased a Kelvinator 72,000 forced air furnace from a chain hardware store in November of 2015. Overall, it has been a good furnace for the price I paid. I have not had any mechanical issues with it or any break-downs in the short period of time I have owned it. As someone who had never had to purchase or install a furnace before I bought a house that required complete renovation, I found that it was extremely user-friendly and simple to install. The only drawback is the noise. This furnace puts off a constant humming sound. It's not noticeable if it is placed in a basement, but I would not recommend installing the furnace in an open area or near a bedroom, as the noise can be rather irritating. Despite the noise it makes, I would recommend this furnace for anyone who needs a modestly priced, compact furnace. I am reasonably happy with its performance so far, and would buy a Kelvinator product again.

Date created: 2015-11-02 Location: Washington, NJ

"Keeping my house warm so far"
I moved into my new house two years ago and I have been swapping out old appliances. I tossed my ancient furnace for this model during the first winter and so far I am quite pleased. It kicks on quickly when I need it and does a good job of quickly getting the house warm. After seeing my first bill for gas, I am very pleased with the costs to keep it running. The old one could never have come as close as this one in terms of efficiency. In a few years the savings this thing has caused will pay for itself. If my friends were homeowners I'd tell them to go for this model. It's very sturdy and reliable. There haven't been any issues with it yet and as far as I can tell it is going to have a long service life for me and my family.

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: Des Moines, IA

"Reliable and efficient!"
We bought this furnace when we first purchased our home. The old furnace was on its last leg. We have been very happy with it - our bills are very reasonable and it's been completely reliable in the 4 years we've lived here. I have no complaints about the furnace. I would purchase it again in a heartbeat. I was happy with the price - it was mid-range and I feel that it performs like a more expensive furnace would. My only criticism is that it is difficult to compare it to more professional models that our heating tech installs because there is simply less information about it. I wish I could have researched it more in comparison to the models our technician offered us. But, I could find a lot of reviews on other sites about it and the others seemed to be as happy as we have been. That's a minor complaint, especially when considering what a great furnace it has been for us!

Date created: 2015-04-10 Location: BOSTON, MA

"MY experience with the KELVINATOR!"
Owned the furnace for 3 weeks. It helps maintain heat within the house. Do not dislike anything yet. I am very pleased with my purhcased and I definitely recommend it to my friends and family.

Date created: 2012-03-21 Name: Ron Peters, Cherry City Heating Salem Or
Location: salem or

"Great brand"
Kelvinator is a great product I sell them and I use them in my own home. Why? Because I don't want to work on my own furnace or any furnace I install. I would much rather work on the brands that my competition puts in that way I look like the hero all the time and they look like asses. Also much cheaper to repair, parts are of good quality and about 1/3 the cost of brand name units. in 12 years of installing them I have had to make 5 repairs on Kelvinator brand units one was a gas valve plugged by rust in the gas line 2 were failed control boards and two were ignitors. This is a prety darn good record. Most repairs I make are on Goodman, Rheem/ ruud, Lennox and Carrier. If your dealer is trying to sell you a Nordyne product he is trying to do you right. however it still has to be installed right or it will fail. a perfect unit will be destroyed by a crappy install.

Date created: 2012-01-19 Name: robert fulton
Location: Spokane, CA

"Very poor quality"
The heat exchanger on this furnace only lasted 5 years. The hvac company indicated that this was typical for this brand and that it was very poor quality. I considered requiring the builder to replace it with a different brand when I bought the house. I really should have.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Rochester, NY

"A cost effective and quality furnace I never heard of ..."
I moved into a home in 2000 in the spring. Come that winter I found that the original furnace what jot go on. I called a HVAC guy and he said that it would cost me more than the unit was worth to just repair it. I figured that he was embelishing a little so I called around on the part he said was bad. He wasn't kidding is what I found out. I called him back and asked him if there was a way to "limp" in through the season so I could save up money for a better furnace. He asked what I had to spend and he recommended the Kelvinator brand furnace. He explained that he had a few of them in his rental properties he owned and had no problems with him. So I bit the bullet and had it installed. This HVAC guy are now my saviors. The house heated up from 55 to 60 in less that 10 minutes. That thing rocks. To anyone who thinks that you have to get the brand out there with the most press, let me tell you that you will over pay. It's been a decade of stellar service. I would not hesitate to made the same choice and even recommend.

Date created: 2011-07-28 Name: Victor
Location: Las Vegas

"80% and AC"
I couldn't be happier to have chosen a Kelvinator furnace and air conditioning system. The ac blows so cold I feel like I'm in Alaska. The furnace is super quiet and can't even hear when it's running when I'm in the same room. I had a Trane before and it broke down every year. I was duped by a salesman that said it was the most reliable furnace and ac system out there. Boy was that a mistake. I recommend Kelvinator to anyone who is up on the fence about it.

Date created: 2010-09-30 Name: Monte
Location: Puyallup, WA

"95% and HEAT PUMP"
I had a KG7TL-060-24B Kelvinator 95% and a JT4BD-036K Kelvinator Heat Pump installed which replace my 10yr old Lennox 90% and heat pump that was garbage. I am very pleased with my new system as the furnace is extremely quiet and the heat pump works top notch. Couldn't be any happier. The 13 SEER units are extremely quiet as I thought the lower the seer it would be loud but not the case. My old Lennox heat pump sounded like a tractor as well as the furnace blower was extremely loud. I had to replace parts many times a year on the Lennox. Also the blower is quieter than an oscillating fan in my house. You can barely hear it standing next to it. Two thumbs up for Kelvinator