Consumer Reviews of Keeprite furnaces

Read more about Keeprite furnaces

Date created: 2010-08-18 Name: Dan Stefan

"Cheaprite"
This is my fourth home. I never had issues like this before. The furnace is 7 years old. I replaced the board, PSwitch and ignitor. What else can go wrong?? I'm contemplating on replacing the furnace. I've been told by the service tech that Keeprites are known for their heat exchanger cracks and I should have it serviced annually!

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: J D Harris

"Terrible Furnace"
I found this web site while researching a replacement for my 7 year old Keeprite furnace. After five years (just beyond the warranty period) the condenser needed replacement, $750.00. Now the heat exchanger is cracked. It is a dog!

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: Don P.

"KeepRite Furnace"
The unit was 11 years old when we purchased the house 11 years ago. We have not had any issues with this unit. It looks like the fan/limit control was changed before we bought the house. It was made in Brantford, Ontario, Canada but that factory has been closed. I would try another KeepRite.

Date created: 2010-05-01 Name: Gerry Breault

" review"
Blower motor noisy after 56 months of use.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: Don P.

"Good quality 21 years ago"
Our unit is 21 years old. We have lived in the house for the last 11 years. It looks like the previous owner may have changed the fan/limit control at some time. There is a Honeywell fan/limit manual with the unit. The ventor motor has started to make a noise near the end of this years heating season. If the fan/limit is the only thing changed in 21 years that speaks for it's self. They are no longer making the furnaces in the same factory as they were 21 years ago so I don't know what today's quality is like but I would try a new Keeprite.

Date created: 2010-03-15 Name: Ben

"Ben's heating"
Units ok.

Date created: 2009-11-14 Name: John Rent

"Works Great, no problems!!"
Had a Keeprite installed new & it is amazing!!! Only problem I ever had was the furnace shutting on & off which turned out to be the inlet pipe, (very, very important to be sure no leaves, or plastic bags get sucked up into the inlet pipe. Always check the inlet on your high efficiency furnace before you replace any parts. Sometimes condensation or snow can freeze inside an elbow, causing the furnace to shut off. Good tip from a happy Keeprite owner!!!!