Consumer Reviews of Keeprite furnaces

Read more about Keeprite furnaces

Date created: 2012-12-14 Name: Don
Location: Seba Beach Alberta

"Angry customer"
Hi, I have been a general contractor for 25 years. I have never installed a bigger piece of junk in a house than the Keeprite furnace I installed in my own house I just finish building. It is so noisy it keeps me awake at night. I have had to repair it once already because it sounded like a bomb going off every time the burner came on. Now it looks like I need to replace the pressure switch on it by what the indicator lights are showing. And by the fact it heats up the house sometimes & sometimes it dose not heat up the house. This is on a 2 year old furnace. Judging by what I have read on most of the other reviews, we should be starting a law suit against Keeprite.

Date created: 2012-09-12 Name: J Leader
Location: claresholm ab canada

"Pretty crappy"
I thought I was getting a good furnace but it has been breaking down since we got the furnace, always have to replace sensors, and have to call in a plumber to fix it so I have put in more money for the furnace than what it is worth.

Date created: 2012-06-21 Name: Cathy Martin
Location: Kimberley, BC Canada

"Brutal Product"
Not sure on model but we had a Keeprite furnace installed September, 2011 and in December a part went putting a ton of water on our rumpus room carpet. Then one month later had to have another part replaced because of the noise level of the furnace. I am absolutely not impressed and when I tried to explain to main distributor in Canada was told "we make an excellent product". Really!?!?

Date created: 2012-03-09 Name: S.Reid
Location: Ontario

"DC90"
Replaced heat exchanger, blower motor, igniter, pressure switch. Unit is still unreliable and often blows cold air continuously until I cycle the power.

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: Ken Graham
Location: Owen Sound

"Arcoaire Mid Efficiency Gas Furnace"
Bought a new mid efficiency Keeprite gas furnace. After 2 years the heat exchanger failed and someone would have died of carbon monoxide poisoning had it not been for 2 detectors. Keeprite refused to pay for the labour to install a new heat exchanger and treated my complaint with disdain.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Alyssa
Location: Edmonton Alberta

"VS90"
Love it, stoped once after 4 years, I can clean the flame sensed my self with out the service guy at $120 an hour.

Date created: 2011-03-03 Name: Bob Webber
Location: Markham

"Keeprite furnace is poor"
Got a new Keeprite he furnace a few years ago. The combustion motor burnt out within the first year and was covered under warranty. Now the combustion motor went again but they won't cover it and cost me $600 to replace. At this rate I should just put a new Lennox furnace in because this one is too expensive to keep repairing. Big mistake installing a keeprite. Next house will not have a Keeprite.

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: D Ayotte (Peterborough Ontario)
Location: Peterborough Ontario

"Defective furnace"
This furnace is only 5 years old and has had the gas valve relpaced, condenser repaired, two heat exchangers installed and has now been re tagged by the repair service people. The service people say these furnaces are defective and should be taken off the market.Keeprite do not seem to have a customer complaints contact available to the public.

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Viktor
Location: Toronto, ON

"The noisy motor will not last for more than 5 years"
I replaced 2 very old furnaces (each was >20 y.o.) in both mine and my dad's houses in 2005, put same Keeprite model in both places. What a mistake! In my house the motor became making loud rattling noice after about 1.5 years of service, the furnace died completely in 2010, right after the warranty expired. The technician had replaced the small motor/fan AND the board (~$800 in total), the new motor started to become loud just 2 months later! At the same time, in 2010 my dad's furnace (5 years old) has the same problem. The fan noise becomes unbearable and the technician says it's only the matter of time before it will die, something to do with worn down bearrings and poor design. I want my old 20 year old furnaces back.. And never again I will buy a Keeprite.

Date created: 2010-12-30 Name: Chris Philpott
Location: New Brunswick Canada

"Air Exchange Heat Pump"
I expected the service for my heatpump to more efficient. I've been trying to get my provider to service my unit and cannot get his technician out to inspect the problem.