Consumer Reviews of Keeprite furnaces

Read more about Keeprite furnaces

Date created: 2012-03-09 Name: S.Reid
Location: Ontario

"DC90"
Replaced heat exchanger, blower motor, igniter, pressure switch. Unit is still unreliable and often blows cold air continuously until I cycle the power.

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: Ken Graham
Location: Owen Sound

"Arcoaire Mid Efficiency Gas Furnace"
Bought a new mid efficiency Keeprite gas furnace. After 2 years the heat exchanger failed and someone would have died of carbon monoxide poisoning had it not been for 2 detectors. Keeprite refused to pay for the labour to install a new heat exchanger and treated my complaint with disdain.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Alyssa
Location: Edmonton Alberta

"VS90"
Love it, stoped once after 4 years, I can clean the flame sensed my self with out the service guy at $120 an hour.

Date created: 2011-03-03 Name: Bob Webber
Location: Markham

"Keeprite furnace is poor"
Got a new Keeprite he furnace a few years ago. The combustion motor burnt out within the first year and was covered under warranty. Now the combustion motor went again but they won't cover it and cost me $600 to replace. At this rate I should just put a new Lennox furnace in because this one is too expensive to keep repairing. Big mistake installing a keeprite. Next house will not have a Keeprite.

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: D Ayotte (Peterborough Ontario)
Location: Peterborough Ontario

"Defective furnace"
This furnace is only 5 years old and has had the gas valve relpaced, condenser repaired, two heat exchangers installed and has now been re tagged by the repair service people. The service people say these furnaces are defective and should be taken off the market.Keeprite do not seem to have a customer complaints contact available to the public.

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Viktor
Location: Toronto, ON

"The noisy motor will not last for more than 5 years"
I replaced 2 very old furnaces (each was >20 y.o.) in both mine and my dad's houses in 2005, put same Keeprite model in both places. What a mistake! In my house the motor became making loud rattling noice after about 1.5 years of service, the furnace died completely in 2010, right after the warranty expired. The technician had replaced the small motor/fan AND the board (~$800 in total), the new motor started to become loud just 2 months later! At the same time, in 2010 my dad's furnace (5 years old) has the same problem. The fan noise becomes unbearable and the technician says it's only the matter of time before it will die, something to do with worn down bearrings and poor design. I want my old 20 year old furnaces back.. And never again I will buy a Keeprite.

Date created: 2010-12-30 Name: Chris Philpott
Location: New Brunswick Canada

"Air Exchange Heat Pump"
I expected the service for my heatpump to more efficient. I've been trying to get my provider to service my unit and cannot get his technician out to inspect the problem.

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: G. Munde
Location: Mississauga Ontario

"Noisy Furnace"
I have this furnace installed two years back. The noise from the small motor starting the cycle is like a motor cycle engine in the night. I have 5 years parts and labor written warranty from the installer. I keep calling him and he does not show up. can any body tell me what should i do. If I could I would throw this unit out of my house without wasting a minute I can not sleep in the night it keeps waking me up.

Date created: 2010-12-12 Name: R.Pabla
Location: Mississauga, ON, canada

"High level noise"
I replaced my keep rite furnace and air condition unit in summers 2010. The problem I have is the noise. Since we replaced the unit the noise level in every room has increased that we can not sleep properly. It is a single step motor so the speed can not be changed. The person who installed never gave any receipt. Is there anything I can do to reduce noise. Please advise…

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: Barry B
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

"Mr"
New home came with a Keeprite installed. In the 3rd month the furnace stopped. Called the sticker on the furnace and Keeprite gave number of the installer. 2:00 am and the tech called back and asked about the "heartbeat" in the view window. He said he would be right out. He was their inside of 30 min. The unit was running in 15. No charge. No callout charge of any kind. The tech said that was the Keeprite warranty. WOW. Temp outside was -35 deg f. We have had no issues since. 3 winters. (it gets cold here)