Consumer Reviews of Keeprite furnaces

Read more about Keeprite furnaces

Date created: 2017-01-13 Name: paul weiner
Location: Brampton

"My Keeprite Furnace is Great"
I feel so sorry for all the Keeprite owners. I read these reviews: "My Keeprite furnance would not come on". "Freezing my nuts off 8 deg cel somenights". Yes would power down and sometimes work and most times nope. Google how to unclog drain on high efficiency furnace. That's the problem. And it seems most of the the reviews same thing: won't come on.The drainage from the furnace is clogged so it screws up the pressure switch and I guess it shuts down. It thinks it's going to put CO2 into the house. Just unclog the drainage part of your piece of crap Keeprite Furnace. And now you have a great Keeprite working High Efficiency Furnace. You can make up the best story to your wife. Yahooo! plus you save a repair guy coming and wanting to replace an $1800 heat exchanger like someone who has a review in here only to stop working in a month.

Date created: 2017-01-05 Name: Drew
Location: Toronto

"Keeprite furnace"
Keeprite products are poorly designed. I am a licensed gas technician. I have had a Keeprite furnace for 2 years (the furnace is 2 years old from the install date). It's a 2 stage 80,000 btu unit. So far I've had to replace the following parts: 1. Blower motor noisy (only after heating cycle is finished) 2. Replaced motor (issue is resolved) 3. Gas valve on high fire solenoid valve would chatter only on higher fire (Replaced gas valve no more chattering -- issue resolved) 4. Pressure switch faulty (replaced switch -- issue resolved) The furnace was installed level all venting sloped correctly. Tried to report issues to manufacturer no tech support line or anyone that cared. All parts were warranty but if they're failing after 2 years I guess I'll be changing the furnace when the warranty runs out. Plus there would be 500 to 1000$ in labor costs to trouble shoot and pick up and replace all these parts. From my experience, Lennox modulating furnaces are best, or Luxaire modulating.

Date created: 2016-04-08 Name: ben

"Furnace review"
Have had this furnace since 2010. A little noisy on start-up and has been reliable so far except for a dirty flame sensor that had to be cleaned in 2015.

Date created: 2016-02-25 Name: A Patel
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"Very silent"
After reading all the negative reviews, I relied on a Keeprite dealer's assurance and installed Keeprite. I must say it is very silent, has all the advance features like communicator. It's variable speed but still less expensive compared to well-known brands. I think you need to installed through a good hvac contractor. I use HANDC.ca.

Date created: 2016-01-19 Name: B. Ferguson
Location: Dundalk, Ontario, Canada

"Avoid...."
Furnace has been a money pit (and, in winter, a worry pit) from the 5th year on. For money reasons I have lived with it for an additional couple of years but it is history as of now! Buy something else!

Date created: 2016-01-07 Name: Perry Camisso
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada

"Unreliable operation"
We had a new Keeprite furnace installed in May 2014. Worked fine during the winter of 2014 / 2015. This winter the furnace will not start on many occasions unless I shut it down and restart it at the breaker panel. Then it will start up and shut down a number of times before getting the house up to the desired temperature. Our service person / installer tested the unit and could find nothing wrong even though the green LED was flashing various error codes. Very frustrating as we had a 1980s Lennox Pulse furnace in our old house for 22 years and never had a problem. Will never buy a Keeprite product again.

Date created: 2015-10-19 Name: Ross McNab
Location: Peterborough, Ontario

"Great furnace after 3 years"
Had a new Keeprite furnace (96% Efficiency) & AC installed in December 2012. After 3 years of year-round use, it has performed well & without fail. No issues or problems. I am very happy with its performance & operation. Heating bills are low.

Date created: 2015-10-16 Name: J Hirst
Location: Cornwall, Ontario

"Furnace operation"
I had this furnace installed in May 2015 and now that the colder weather has arrived I find this furnace has very noisy operation. The fan is quiet but when the burners come on they are very noisy and it wakes me up at night. My previous furnace was a York and I'm sorry for switching brands.

Date created: 2015-10-02 Name: Cathy Bellissimo
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Issue with fan motor"
I definitely would never buy this product again. I installed it in 2009. I have had a Lennox before - an older model, not very efficient. I do regret getting rid of it. It worked for 25 years without any issue and was still working when I changed it to the Keeprite. I am on the third blower motor in 6 years. My technician charges me $150.00 every time I have had to change it. Stay away from these furnaces, nothing but money guzzlers.

Date created: 2015-07-24 Name: TJL
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

"Good furnace and AC unit so far."
We had our furnace installed in 2012 and hadn't had any problems yet till the water pump stopped pumping water in 2015. Called my installer and apparently it isn't covered under warranty so they just sent me a bill for 200 bucks, lol. Ridiculous, I could have bought a pump and put it in myself as easy as plugging in a toaster and they bill me for 100 bucks for labour. Anyways, I don't think that is Keeprites pump, it was some no name, probably refurbished 'Made in China' pos they put in when it was installed. We just had a Keeprite Ac unit put in by the same company, 3 months now, no problems at all. I am starting to wonder about these 10-year warranties, though. They sound like a pipe dream. I am sure they will nickel and dime me on labour and other bullshit charges too.