Consumer Reviews of Keeprite furnaces

Read more about Keeprite furnaces

Date created: 2016-01-19 Name: B. Ferguson
Location: Dundalk, Ontario, Canada

"Avoid...."
Furnace has been a money pit (and, in winter, a worry pit) from the 5th year on. For money reasons I have lived with it for an additional couple of years but it is history as of now! Buy something else!

Date created: 2016-01-07 Name: Perry Camisso
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada

"Unreliable operation"
We had a new Keeprite furnace installed in May 2014. Worked fine during the winter of 2014 / 2015. This winter the furnace will not start on many occasions unless I shut it down and restart it at the breaker panel. Then it will start up and shut down a number of times before getting the house up to the desired temperature. Our service person / installer tested the unit and could find nothing wrong even though the green LED was flashing various error codes. Very frustrating as we had a 1980s Lennox Pulse furnace in our old house for 22 years and never had a problem. Will never buy a Keeprite product again.

Date created: 2015-10-19 Name: Ross McNab
Location: Peterborough, Ontario

"Great furnace after 3 years"
Had a new Keeprite furnace (96% Efficiency) & AC installed in December 2012. After 3 years of year-round use, it has performed well & without fail. No issues or problems. I am very happy with its performance & operation. Heating bills are low.

Date created: 2015-10-16 Name: J Hirst
Location: Cornwall, Ontario

"Furnace operation"
I had this furnace installed in May 2015 and now that the colder weather has arrived I find this furnace has very noisy operation. The fan is quiet but when the burners come on they are very noisy and it wakes me up at night. My previous furnace was a York and I'm sorry for switching brands.

Date created: 2015-10-02 Name: Cathy Bellissimo
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Issue with fan motor"
I definitely would never buy this product again. I installed it in 2009. I have had a Lennox before - an older model, not very efficient. I do regret getting rid of it. It worked for 25 years without any issue and was still working when I changed it to the Keeprite. I am on the third blower motor in 6 years. My technician charges me $150.00 every time I have had to change it. Stay away from these furnaces, nothing but money guzzlers.

Date created: 2015-07-24 Name: TJL
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

"Good furnace and AC unit so far."
We had our furnace installed in 2012 and hadn't had any problems yet till the water pump stopped pumping water in 2015. Called my installer and apparently it isn't covered under warranty so they just sent me a bill for 200 bucks, lol. Ridiculous, I could have bought a pump and put it in myself as easy as plugging in a toaster and they bill me for 100 bucks for labour. Anyways, I don't think that is Keeprites pump, it was some no name, probably refurbished 'Made in China' pos they put in when it was installed. We just had a Keeprite Ac unit put in by the same company, 3 months now, no problems at all. I am starting to wonder about these 10-year warranties, though. They sound like a pipe dream. I am sure they will nickel and dime me on labour and other bullshit charges too.

Date created: 2015-05-01 Name: A.johnson
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario

"Top"
I love my Keeprite furnace and AC. I've had them for 8 years with no problems.

Date created: 2015-01-21 Name: Drew
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Money pit"
This is a money pit. No one can fix it. I just keep putting parts in it. It has cost more to fix the furnace than what I paid for it. I wish I was still on baseboard heat. What a joke for a furnace. 3 different companies told me to face it; you bought a lemon.

Date created: 2014-12-02 Name: D Collins
Location: Vancouver, BC

"KeepRite makes a terrible furnace"
I thought I would see savings in my heating bill after having a new KeepRite furnace installed. I totally regret having a KeepRite installed. It broke down almost immediately after installation. The burner assembly was defective and it took the technician almost a whole entire year to come and replace it. It was frustrating to flip the breaker on the panel every time it failed to light. In the meantime, the flue has been leaking water and has corroded. Rusty water rolls down the flue and into the furnace, requiring me to clean it every couple of months. Somehow the air that it blows is about room temperature, maybe slightly cooler. The cool-down fan is very loud. The technician told me I would get used to it. It's been four years and it still wakes me up.

Date created: 2014-11-22 Name: M Rogalsky
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Seeing Red"
Installed the unit in Novembe,r 2003. It's been a total nightmare. The noise has kept me up for 10 years. The installer told me I would get used to the noise. I didn't. The motor is screeching again, followed by a burning smell. Either I replace the motor for the fourth time or buy a new furnace. I'm physically sick from the money I have spent on this. The furnace ran all the time and cost $6,000 extra in hydro, $500 for every motor replacement, and throw in another $1,000 in service calls. My furnace has cost me around $14,000 in 11 years. I have no choice but to replace it. It should have lasted 15-18 years. My old furnace lasted over 20 years with no worries. Keeprite executives should be arrested for stealing my money and turning me into an insomniac. Shame on you!