Consumer Reviews of JANITROL furnaces

• PGB (1 review)

Date created: 2014-11-02 Name: Karen Doerflein
Location: Connersville, IN

"18 years dependable!"
We had our new home built in 1996. Indiana winters aren't always kind. The only trouble we have ever had is the igniter failed once. I love it and am very grateful for it. I would definitely buy another whenever it gives out!:-)

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: Ross Creasy
Location: Mechanicsville, VA

"Janitrol dual heat furnace"
I have 3 units in my house, all Janitrol. Second Floor - replaced the Evaporator coils. Third floor has been fine, knock on wood. First floor, which is the dual heat furnace. Nothing but problems. Replaced the evaporator coils, both motherboards and one motherboard twice and I am not into a full 5years. Warranty covers parts, but labor kills you. I will never own a Janitrol or Goodman again. I used to be a carrier/trane owner and had no problems.

Date created: 2012-06-22 Name: Kip Wilson
Location: Rushville, Ill

"Electric furnace"
Had a Janitrol electric furnace put in my house in 1973 when the house was built (all electric home)---cannot speak good enough about it--have only replaced the coils once--have never had one problem with it--at the present the a/c is wearing out and needs to be replaced---the only problem is living in a small rural community and should help be needed due to problems I have to contact someone 60 miles away----some people have never heard of Janitrol--can not complain.

Date created: 2012-01-14 Name: s r f
Location: northwest, Indiana

"Dependable 92"
Built my house in 2001 and put in the Dependable 92. 3 to 4 times a year had to have service call to get it to work. The only thing dependable about this furnace is you can depend on it to break down every year! I had a 50 year old boiler in my old house and never had a problem, even after my basement flooded and it was underwater.

Date created: 2011-07-15 Name: K. Keller
Location: Fair Haven MI

"Furnace problems"
Bought the furnace 7 years ago. Year 5 the ac coil unit went out (didn't call for service until yr 6) which meant it was out of warranty., Cost $1,000 to fix. Now it is year 7 - the ac compressor has gone bad. The whole unit has to be replaced. Would not recommend this company to any one. Going to Goodman.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Matt

"Dependable Ninety Two"
I replaced my old furnace with the "92" back in about 2000. The furnace worked fine for the first year but every year since something has been wrong with it. This year it has broke down twice already! I will be replacing it this year. I would not recommend this furnace to anybody!!

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: Gary
Location: thornville ,ohio

"21 years still kicking"
I have a 90 plus efi. gas janitrol furnace for the money and the years i have gotten it's the best to me .

Date created: 2010-10-25 Name: K. Keller
Location: Troy, MI

"Poor Quality"
We purchased a Janitrol for a new house being built in 2004. This was for a summer home where the air conditioning (if ran at all) was only on during the weekends. 5 years later the air conditioning unit stopped working. Since it wasn't really hot that summer we didn't miss it and didn't have it checked out. This summer I finally had someone look at the unit and the air conditioning unit was leaking. It cost over $1,000 to get it fixed. I will not be purchasing a Janitrol again.

Date created: 2010-10-02 Name: Sandra L.Wirth
Location: Spring Grove, IL. 60081

""The Dependeable Ninety-Two" Piece of Junk"
When I moved into my home, I found a Janitrol in the closet of an addition room. But, it wasn't too hard to find in that every time it went on and off it sounded like there was a jet landing in the room. It has broken down several times, and now it is cracked, leaking, and shorted out. I am going to repace it with anything but a Janitrol (Goodman). Based on my research, it appears that Janitrol originally made a good unit that lasted for a very long time in the past. However, units made within the last 6 to 10 years appear to be highly problemtic. I would caution anyone considering this unit to run, not walk away from it. The only upside to this, is that I will replace it with something that doesn't have an addiction to repairmen and a unit that is quiet and doesn't frighten me every time it goes on or off.

Date created: 2010-04-06 Name: Jerry L.

"Happy camper"
Bought their top of the line gas furnace when we built this house and the igniter is the only thing that has quit, twice. Replacement parts are getting hard to find though.