Consumer Reviews of INTERTHERM furnaces

Read more about INTERTHERM furnaces

• M1 (6 reviews)

Date created: 2013-04-16 Name: Steve
Location: Weidman, MI

"Good furnace at reasonable cost"
Have no complaints about the Intertherm 90.0 afue gas furnace in our manufactured home. We purchased the home new 8 years ago and never had any problems with the operation of the furnace. The Intertherm gas furnace has so far been very dependable and heats our home at a very reasonable cost. When it comes time to replace this furnace I would definitely give consideration to buy the same brand.

Date created: 2012-12-22 Name: C Brown
Location: Youngsville, Pa

"Nordyne Intertherm M7RL furnace"
Just had this furnace installed about a week ago. I'm not impressed. When the blower comes on, it's too loud. Supposed to be adjustable, but haven't heard back from installer. I turn it down at night, and in the morning it takes forever to warm up. Only warms up a few degrees, shuts down and starts back up. Took me 1 1/2 hours one morning to get it up to 70.

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: John Dalhaus
Location: Fairview Heights, IL

"I Just Want It Fixed"
My Intertherm furnace was installed about 12 years ago. Since then, it has failed 3 to 5 times each heating season. It's always the same problem, limit switches. Usually the problem can be resolved by pressing the button on the limit switch. But the limit switches quickly fail and have to be replaced. My dealer failed to provide me with spare switches as I requested. We have spent thousands of $$ on service calls and dealer- suggested solutions, including a thorough cleaning and upgrade of the exhaust system. I wrote to Intertherm, but did not get a response. I will never buy an Intertherm product or any other product from the dealer who sold it to me again.

Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: Paticia Trice
Location: Houston, Texas

"Intertherm's Customer Service"
I have had an Intertherm electric furnace model FEH015HA in my home for more than 20 years. The furnace has provided excellent service and would have continued to provide excellent service had an electrical power surge not damaged the unit. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Intertherm's customer service. It is less than pathetic. After the power surge, I had to replace my furnace. Intertherm's customer service told me the exact model replacement is a model E2EB015Ha. Intertherm lied! The E2EB015Ha is not an exact replacement for the FEH015Ha. Intertherm has made changes in the outer metal box and location of wire connections inside the unit which made a direct switch out impossible. In addition to the installer, I have also had to hire an electrician to make the appropriate changes in the wiring to enable connection to the new furnace. Exact model replacement, not so! Intertherm's customer service provided no suggestion as to how to make the transition. In addition, Intertherm (aka Nordyne) does not allow consumers to talk to their technical personnel. If you buy an Intertherm/Nordyne product and have a problem, you are on your own to figure out the solution. I cannot speak badly enough about Intertherm's pathetic customer service.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: T. Benic
Location: McMillan, MI

"Consider another brand"
We had a INTERTHERM propane 90% installed in our house in northern Michigan. The efficiency has not been near as good as our old 80%. It may not be designed for the north country since we have colder temperature in the winter. In addition to this we have had to have service done on it every year since we owned it. The relay switch consistently goes out every other year.

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Atlanta, GA

"My Long Lasting Furnace"
This Intertherm furnace is the best furnace I have ever had. I have owned this furnace for 14 years now and it is still working just as well as the day we got it. We have not had any problems whatsoever out of it. I would defintely buy this brand furnace again. I have already recommended it to several people beause I cannot believe how long it is lasting. If anyone that reads this is looking for a dependable furnace then you should go with an Intertherm furnace. It is definitely worth every penny that you pay for it.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: Karen B
Location: Reno, NV

"They are the GREATEST"
I had a gas leak at my home and called Lincoln Heating and Air. They were out there within an hour and found the leak. I asked them to replace my furnace with a higher efficiency furnace. They installed an Intertherm; it works great and I love it. I have had no problems since I got my new furnace; I have even noticed my gas bill has gone down in the few months since I got the furnace. Thanks Lincoln Heating. I will always call on you, as I know I can always count on you. I have recommended you to my friends and they said you were great. Thanks again

Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: Simon
Location: Fernley, NV

"BAD system, WORSE contractors!!"
Lincoln Heating in Reno, NV did a horrible job installing this system. This furnace FAILED completely within 3 months of installation. Lincoln Heating fought us tooth and nail to come do the repair. On a Friday afternoon at 3pm the furnace failed and when we notified the comapany, Lincoln's owner refused to repair the unit the following Monday!! It was 30* by 5pm that evening! It was a battle to convince the Co. owner himself to send a repair tech ASAP. There were serious problems then and now. The installation has caused severe sewer drainage issues since Lincoln drilled into our sewer line for the furnaces condensation line, issues that STILL remain UNRESOLVED. The furnace's condensation drain hose was improperly installed (including two kinks in the hose which blocked ALL flow!) And the furnace is failing again!!... Only ONE month after the repair. This furnace was paid for in whole by the State of Nevada Rural Housing Authority.... and we consider that quite a rip-off to all taxpayers (and we low-income families who desperately needed the promised lower utilty bills)!!!! We need this loud, failing and EXTREMELY COSTLY (monthly gas bills have not decreased AT ALL!!) furnace replaced immediately with a properly operating system. In case you are unaware, we live in an extremely cold winter climate here in the NV desert. We are very irritated with the poor service of the furnace, the installer, and the financial aspect as well. WE CAN NOT AFFORD THIS AWFUL FURNACE!!!! ...and con NOT sleep with the noise it makes. We are COMPLETELY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS who would like this isssue resolved ASAP!! There is much, much more to this story....

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: jon
Location: olympia, wa

"Tech review"
When trying to get a hold of tech support no phone numbers found. try to help customers but no support of intertherm

Date created: 2010-10-12 Name: Jeannie
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

"Disappointed"
I purchased a new Intertherm furnace in 10/08, since then I have paid out over $600.00 in repairs to keep my furnace running. I didn't expect to have to have a service man here 4 times since the new furnace was installed, I am very disappointed with this product and would not suggest anyone to buy one. Shop around and stay away from Intertherm.