Consumer Reviews of Homart furnaces

Read more about Homart furnaces

Date created: 2013-09-13 Name: Mike
Location: Cleveland, OH

"53 Years and Still Going!!!"
I live in a 2 family and both units have Homart furnaces stamped May 1960. I estimate the efficiency at about 50-60%. Still running strong but I think it's time for more efficient ones. Talk about building things to last. Amazing, 53 years and still going.

Date created: 2013-04-30 Name: Eric
Location: Indiana

"45 Years Old..."
My Homart furnace, which my grandparents purchased in 1967 (I now own the home, they passed away) well, after 45 years, the blower motor decided enough is enough. I live in Northwest Indiana and the furnace is covered by a protection plan through my utility company, NIPSCO. I put in a call and they sent somebody right out to install a new blower motor (thank goodness I still have the owner's manual/wiring diagrams, they were very helpful for the tech). Furnace/AC is working PERFECT again. This is the first time (other than a few bad thermocouples) that this unit has failed. The tech says the heat exchanger still looks great (which are ceramic coated). This is the quietest furnace I have ever heard running. I know she's not the most energy efficient (probably only 60 percent) but the old house has new windows/doors, is well insulated to make up for that along with smoke/carbon monoxide detectors on every level. I am curious if anyone else has a Homart furnace that is still going. Eric

Date created: 2009-12-12 Name: Jeremy

"Very reliable furnace, no problems in 18 years!"
We moved into our house in the early 90's, and the old folks who lived here before us had a Sears Roebuck Homart gas furnace. We just replaced it with a Carrier ics in 09 because it was estimated to be between 40 to 60 years old. Never had a problem with this old furnace. It just was wonderful. Heated great, was very quiet, and just no problems. Hope we have the same luck with our new Carrier ics!