Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2009-09-13 Name: Anthony Robinson

"Unit has never worked right since installed"
I have owned a Heil phn44800k00a1-- unit for 5 months. The unit has stop working at least 6 times during the 5 months

Date created: 2009-05-20 Name: Ken

"Heil furnace and air conditioner"
I'm very happy with my Heil furnace and air conditioner. It works great and is quiet! Im saving money! I feel out of all my research that Heil (icp Carrier United Technologies)offered a great product and warranty. Air conditioner has a 10yr compressor, parts, 10yr no hassle replacement limited warranty. Furnace has a life time heat exchanger warranty, 10yr parts,and 10yr no hassle replacement limited warranty. All this with a great price!

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: george luken

"80% 100,000 btu furnace"
I have had my heil furnace for over 25 years it has been excellent since the day I had it installed. Service is not an expensive thing with these furnaces they are extremely dependable and never fail to keep my family and I warm during the cold heating months

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: S Conanton

"Very very happy !!"
I have had my old Heil heating and air system for over 23 years. During that time we never had a breakdown and only one component part needed to be replaced during the life of the system. We decided to install a new Heil system in April 2007 and I have to say "It Is Terrific !!". Our new gas furnace and heat pump is much quieter than all my neighbor's units and most important the new system has cut our energy usage by 59.1% !! I was amased at this savings and I also have to compliment our dealer Thompson Heating Cooling as they also did a wonderful job. As a retired engineer, I would have never believed that our new system would have achieved the energy savings that we are enjoying. It was so good two of my neighbors have installed new systems and are very happy.

Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: Jay Kaiser
Location: Union, Kentucky

"Director Of Sales & Marketing"
The Heil system that I installed has been great. We have had no service issues. The unit is extremely quiet and the best part is that our utility bills are significantly lower. We not only installed the variable speed furnace but we added the outdoor 2 stage heat pump.

Date created: 2009-03-09 Name: Mary B
Location: Ohio

"FURNACE AND HEAT PUMP"
We have had our furnace and heat pump for 2 years now and have no problems with either. My old Carrier unit was so noisy we could not even sit out on our back patio. Now our new Heil heat pump is so quiet. We replaced our furnace with a variable speed and our air conditioner with a heat pump and we have definitely noticed the savings on our heating bills. I would definitely recommend the Heil and just has a few others have stated. I believe you need to be sure to find a reputable company to install it. We did and have no complaints.

Date created: 2009-02-23 Name: Chris Weiss
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"Heil is the best"
I had a complete Heil heating and cooling system installed in my home the summer of 2006. The system that was replaced was only 6 years old (found out that the system was too big for my 3 bedroom 2 story house). After it was installed my energy bills were cut by a third, The system operates extremely well. Thompson Heating here in Cincinnati was great they sized my system very well. Everybody there is the greatest.From the time I called in with my problem, to the installers who installed it. My old system must of had at least a roll of duct tape around the top of furnace and still leaked air to a job that is so well done that doesn't leak air and doesnt have any tape. They even fixed the pipe that goes from my water heater to the chimney at no charge. they even had the local building inspector come out to make sure it was up to code. Thank You, you guys are the greatest I will recommend these guys to everyone Well worth the extra money I paid for this.

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: D Mckinney
Location: Buffalo, New York

"Great furnace!!"
Well I brought an older home and it had a 42 yr old furnace so I decided to invest in a new one. I read reviews and got estimates and opted to go with Heil, the home I was renting for six 1\2 years had a Heil and it never gave me an ounce of trouble. So far I'm impressed by it's two stage operation. I'd suggest a Heil as everyone has stated though get a good contractor. I went thru six guys before I chose the company I wanted to install my furnace and I must say that was probably the most difficult thing-Finding a really good contractor. I'd suggest checking to see if their with the BBB which I did as well and pay close attention to what they tell you about the installation. I had almost went with one guy until he said We work "fast" which was a major turnoff-I wanted the job done "right" the first time and the guy who did the work did a really grat job of the installation.

Date created: 2009-02-09 Name: D. Oliver

"Fan broke after 4 years"
We purchased the furnace/ac unit in 2004 for over $6,000. Has run well up until this past year. Called the installer to have a noise checked out in the furnace. The installer did not have a copy of the original invoice but called the company and found the part was under warranty. We did find our copy which stated it was under 5 yr parts and labor. So we got it fixed for free. The new part has 1 year warranty. I would hope that a high end brand like Heil would have a better unit. It appears that it has a few problems from reading the rest of the consumer reports. It is a lot of money to pay for something that will break in 5 years. In our circumstance, I was pleased that the installer was quick to respond and fix the unti, but not that they didn't keep a copy of our invoice. I am pleased that the Heil company did cover the warranty.

Date created: 2009-01-25 Name: Evan James
Location: Meno Falls, WI

"Heil furnace review"
I am very happy with my Heil furnace. It is not noisy like my Carrier was and it has saved me a great deal on my bills.