Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-06 Name: Alvin J. Bontreger

"Home owner in wisconsin"
I installed the 50,000 btu furnace in Fall 1985 in the new home. Worked great for about 10 years when the Co monitor started cherping with a low reading. Checked the furnace and the flame was not staying in the fire box. Took the unit apart and the exhaust pipe and secondary heat exchanger had over 40 holes in it. Went to the dealer and they got me new parts free of charge. It has been running ever since just fine. I also leave the fan running all the time to filter the air in my house and have had no problem with it. If the new ones are as good as this one, I will buy another one for sure.

Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Lester Brennan

"Mr. Lester Brennan"
We have problems every winter with our Heil furnace. This is a new home and furnace. If the product was any good, we shouldn't have to pay for labor to fix this product every year.
Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: Don Smith

"Heil furnace"
Just replaced the gas valve and ignitor. Furnace is less than 6 years old. Parts were not under warranty. Cost me $800.00. Heil is junk. Will never purchase another.
Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: Don Wolfe

"Heil 80+ Furnace"
I have owned my Heil furnace for 5 years and six months. Just had to replace an ignitor and gas valve. Cost me over $800.00. Parts were under warranty until 6 months prior to need for replacement. Very, very unhappy with Heil Furnace. Will never purchase another.
Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: Don Wolfe

"Heil 80+ Furnace"
I have owned my Heil furnace for 5 years and six months. Just had to replace an ignitor and gas valve. Cost me over $800.00. Parts were under warranty until 6 months prior to need for replacement. Very, very unhappy with Heil furnace.
Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: T. Johnson

"Don't Buy Heil"
Have owned for thirteen years. It has to be fixed at least twice a year. Have just about replaced every part. The heat exchanger unit was replaced within the first two years. It is a hopeless case. I've been held hostage by Heil for thirteen years. Take my advice and buy a different furnace.
Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: Annie

"Heil Furnace in No Basement House"
I purchased my new house with a Heil furnace already installed. I have no knowledge of how a furnace works beyond setting a thermostat and that filters need to be changed and/or cleaned. So, having said that, I am frustrated and unhappy with my furnace because it is so noisy I have become hyper aware of it and it bothers me a great deal. The sound it makes upon start up of the fan is similar to a bagpipe discharging. It's final breaths of air at the end of a song. It's honestly not as loud as that, but loud enough that as I go about my daily business I hear it every time. Recently, it has starting "ringing" too once the fan gets warmed up. I had a repair guy in who said he couldn't think of any reason why it would make that noise. Must just be that kind of furnace. I'm having another repair guy in today and if he says the same thing, I feel forced to replace it. I can't have the furnace on at night because it wakes me up. Also, I live in an area where few homes have basements so it is in a closet adjacent to my bedroom, and located basically in the center of the house. The sounds however can be heard in every room. I don't think I could see my way clear to buying another one of these.
Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Zach Akers

"Did just fine"
Original furnace in a 38 year old house. 3Rd blower and multiple elements over the years. Filter box is now rusting and running on 3 of the 6 elements. But for a 38 year old furnace, I'm sure this is an instance of "They don't build them like they used to."
Date created: 2009-12-07 Name: C. D. Reeder

"Heil Furnace"
In the two years that this Heil furnace had been installed, we have been without heat for some twenty times. Many of these events have been in the past three weeks. Three service calls from the installer have been unable to create a dependable unit. I wish I had my old furnace back, one service call in twenty years!
Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: ROBERT N. HILL

"Don't buy HEIL products"
I will never buy anything made by heil again. After at least 12 service calls on a new propane furnace I gave up. Being stupid I had a heil heatpump installed, in one and years I am waiting on my third service call. The heatpump has been froze up for 5 days, still waiting for repairman. The product and service from Mac's Air is the worst I have ever seen. Buyer beware.