Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: Don Wolfe

"Heil 80+ Furnace"
I have owned my Heil furnace for 5 years and six months. Just had to replace an ignitor and gas valve. Cost me over $800.00. Parts were under warranty until 6 months prior to need for replacement. Very, very unhappy with Heil furnace.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: T. Johnson

"Don't Buy Heil"
Have owned for thirteen years. It has to be fixed at least twice a year. Have just about replaced every part. The heat exchanger unit was replaced within the first two years. It is a hopeless case. I've been held hostage by Heil for thirteen years. Take my advice and buy a different furnace.

Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: Annie

"Heil Furnace in No Basement House"
I purchased my new house with a Heil furnace already installed. I have no knowledge of how a furnace works beyond setting a thermostat and that filters need to be changed and/or cleaned. So, having said that, I am frustrated and unhappy with my furnace because it is so noisy I have become hyper aware of it and it bothers me a great deal. The sound it makes upon start up of the fan is similar to a bagpipe discharging. It's final breaths of air at the end of a song. It's honestly not as loud as that, but loud enough that as I go about my daily business I hear it every time. Recently, it has starting "ringing" too once the fan gets warmed up. I had a repair guy in who said he couldn't think of any reason why it would make that noise. Must just be that kind of furnace. I'm having another repair guy in today and if he says the same thing, I feel forced to replace it. I can't have the furnace on at night because it wakes me up. Also, I live in an area where few homes have basements so it is in a closet adjacent to my bedroom, and located basically in the center of the house. The sounds however can be heard in every room. I don't think I could see my way clear to buying another one of these.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Zach Akers

"Did just fine"
Original furnace in a 38 year old house. 3rd blower and multiple elements over the years. Filter box is now rusting and running on 3 of the 6 elements. But for a 38 year old furnace, I'm sure this is an instance of "They don't build them like they used to."

Date created: 2009-12-07 Name: C. D. Reeder

"Heil Furnace"
In the two years that this Heil furnace had been installed, we have been without heat for some twenty times. Many of these events have been in the past three weeks. Three service calls from the installer have been unable to create a dependable unit. I wish I had my old furnace back, one service call in twenty years!

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: ROBERT N. HILL

"Don't buy HEIL products"
I will never buy anything made by heil again. After at least 12 service calls on a new propane furnace I gave up. Being stupid I had a heil heatpump installed, in one and years I am waiting on my third service call. The heatpump has been froze up for 5 days, still waiting for repairman. The product and service from Mac's Air is the worst I have ever seen. Buyer beware.

Date created: 2009-10-28 Name: Bob Schwartz

"Heil furnace"
I have owned my Heil for 14 years, itís a 100,000 btu 90+% efficient unit in that time frame I've replaced 4 ignites, exhaust fan, control board, and the control valve. I should have replaced it along time ago, this will be its last year in this house. I don't understand why they can't build something that lasts.

Date created: 2009-10-07 Name: G Ferland
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Decent furnace"
We have owned a Heil 50000 BTUs for about 12 years now. Although I find the burners a bit noisy (especially on start-up), it is not a big issue. It has to work hard, since we live in Ottawa Ontario Canada (the coldest capital in the world !) It has never failed once, but I don't think this is a coincidence. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AFTER YOUR FURNACE for this to happen !!!! That means cleaning or replacing the filter regularly (I clean my re-usable filter once a month), cleaning and oiling the blower motor (I do it myself once a year, without removing the unit from the furnace), checking and cleaning the flam sensor, etc. Most people seem to assume a furnace is like a light bulb ; replace it and forget about it until it goes out !! If you do this, you ask for trouble no matter what type of furnace you buy !

Date created: 2009-10-05 Name: Nate Hersco
Location: Chicago

"Natehersco"
I had 2 Furnaces installed in my home 19 years ago. They were Heil 90 % afue 100000 btu. They worked flawlessly 19 years. The only maintenance they had was to change their filters at the begining of the winter season. I live in Chicago and they kept our home perfectly warm all those years. They hardly consumed any energy. They were my greatest pride and joy all those years. They died simultanousley this week to my great chagrin. The person that installed them told me that they are obsolete and to get rid of my dead furnaces. He advised me to get a 95% afue Lennox furnace and it sadened me

Date created: 2009-10-01 Name: Dan T

" Dan T Prior Lake, MN"
After reading some of these post I guess I have been pretty fortunate, I have limped my Heil along for over 16 years, but all of those years havn't been good. 5 igniters, one induction fan, one controller now it runs and won't stop, it just blows cold air. I'm done with this pos, Heil get your head out of your a$$ and start making some thing that hold up! You lost me as a customer...