Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: Jojo McGraw
Location: Des Plaines, IL

"20+ years old and still going strong"
To that fellow with the 2 burner furnace-you had the wrong size furnace installed and that's no reflection on the furnace itself. The furnace is fine, it's just too small for the job. You should have had a "load calc" performed to determine the proper size for your home. Also, Heil furnaces all come with parts warranties-use them. You're just being silly if you pay a service tech for a part that's still under warranty. And Heil has some great warranties! It's a terrific product but if they're installed wrong, there will be problems. Just like anything, it has to be installed correctly for it to work well. All I see on this page is a bunch of people who have improperly installed furnaces and that shouldn't reflect on the product itself. The Heil in my very own basement is still going strong after 20 plus years of faithful service!

Date created: 2010-10-22 Name: Kathy Fifield
Location: Hanna , IN

"Why did i buy a heil furnace"
Purchased furnace in 2001 Dec. We built a new home. Nov.2005 had to call our furnace man back out to replace the smart valve. Oh guess what!!!!! just had him out yesterday, and its out again. This time i have to pay for it myself. and the barriers are going out in the blower. VERY UNSATISFIED

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: R Jones
Location: Oshkosh Wi

"Heil Heaven"
Bought a new spec home in 1987. We still have the original Heil furnace. In these 23 years we have never had a problem. Have it checked professionally every other year. I check and clean every other year as well. I know its days are limited and am considering replacing it BUT these new furnaces with all the new gadgets (depite the brand) seem to have to be repaired in some way after about three years. That seems awfully fast. I wonder if you really save anything by upgrading. With a high repair bill it seems any savings you gain are wiped out by a repair. I love the Heil I have now. I didn't know how lucky I was until I started investigating purchasing a new furnace.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: Mark
Location: Auburn, IN

"Mark Beber"
I am writing in response to those that spent 800.00 for a 150.00 part, and have had servicemen out 8 times and 4 times. You have an installation problem, and you have a service tech ripping you off. Its not the Heil Furnace. Almost all furnaces have the same parts, made by the same manufacturers. If not installed right, it doesnt work right. Its like having a Honda car, and letting the guys at GM put it together. It wont be installed right, and thus it's not going to work right. Installation is the key.

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: Tony DePew
Location: Wawaka,IN

"Very Satisfied"
I have a Heil 2 stage variable speed furnace with a Heil two stage heat pump system. My home is more comfortable than it ever has been and the savings on propane are tremendous. Highly recommend a Heil system from a qualified contractor.

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: T Dons

"Hiel is cheap"
We bought the house 5 years ago. It's a beautiful remodel, but the contractor cut some financial corners. Instead of purchasing a good furnace or boiler, he installed an el cheapo Heil furnace. Home depot type quality. The thing has only two gas burners, and blows cold air into the house even in the middle of the running cycle when the flames should be hot. We try to be good and get it serviced yearly, and even to insulate the ducts. But it still is just el cheapo, inexpensive, and gives off little heat. No wonder it can a pvc vent pipe. I'd recommend a hydronic boiler for quit, efficient heat, or even a goo hot air furnace, but that might be hard to find.

Date created: 2010-07-31 Name: K. Ebert

"Not Worth the money"
Replaced my Singer furnace with a high efficiency Heil. Furnace ran fine for about 3 years. Ever since then I have been replacing parts on a yearly basis. Think I have about 4 new furnaces by now. The Singer which has been in the home for 40 years was moved out to my garage and still works fine with no repairs. I'm planning on moving the Singer back into the house.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: D. McIntyre

"It works for me!"
Heil sp80 furnace. Never a problem in the past 11 years that we had the house. Change filters and keep it clean. It has not quit. Proper installation and configuration of the system is very important.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Rick

"95 % Heil that is why I am cold"
With the first year, the blower went out. Then 2 years later, the blower motor is making noise. When I first got this heater, I told the people where I got it from that I need something that will give me very good heat & be whatever would be the best for 1000 sq foot home . Well so far, I am so cold that I had to use other small heaters to stay some what warm. The heater man said if it is too big of a heater, it is just like having one that is too small. I think he sold me one that he could not sell and I got cheated. I called The company to see if I could get any help. No help! Then the owner of this place quit as I was told by other people he did poor work. I am handicap so I do not have the money to go buy a new one. So I do not know what to do. But I would tell you this is junk! Be so very careful if you need a new heater.

Date created: 2010-03-13 Name: Nathan

"Heil"
Sounds like most of you have a problem due to installation and as far as the guy who paid $800 for gas valve, he got ripped off by the contractor. Gas valves only cost around 150. If I were you, I would contact your local Heil parts Co and tell them about your problems. There are people who can help you at the parts counter and recommend a good contractor, if needed or email me at [email protected] Come and I can try to help.