Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: D. McIntyre

"It works for me!"
Heil sp80 furnace. Never a problem in the past 11 years that we had the house. Change filters and keep it clean. It has not quit. Proper installation and configuration of the system is very important.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Rick

"95 % Heil that is why I am cold"
With the first year, the blower went out. Then 2 years later, the blower motor is making noise. When I first got this heater, I told the people where I got it from that I need something that will give me very good heat & be whatever would be the best for 1000 sq foot home . Well so far, I am so cold that I had to use other small heaters to stay some what warm. The heater man said if it is too big of a heater, it is just like having one that is too small. I think he sold me one that he could not sell and I got cheated. I called The company to see if I could get any help. No help! Then the owner of this place quit as I was told by other people he did poor work. I am handicap so I do not have the money to go buy a new one. So I do not know what to do. But I would tell you this is junk! Be so very careful if you need a new heater.

Date created: 2010-03-13 Name: Nathan

"Heil"
Sounds like most of you have a problem due to installation and as far as the guy who paid $800 for gas valve, he got ripped off by the contractor. Gas valves only cost around 150. If I were you, I would contact your local Heil parts Co and tell them about your problems. There are people who can help you at the parts counter and recommend a good contractor, if needed or email me at [email protected] Come and I can try to help.

Date created: 2010-03-04 Name: Deborah Greenwood

"Heil"
Furnace has defect. Rep states manufacture recommends putting a piece of tin over burners. I feel that part should come from manufacture not on the make from tin. I was told it's not only common to have a problem within the 1st year. I feel like this furnace is a lemon. With the way this has been handled, I wouldn't recommend nor would I purchase another Heil furnace.

Date created: 2010-02-25 Name: Brian Fleury

"B.Fleury"
I have over 20 years experience in the service industries. Having worked for a few service companies before starting my Company 8 years ago. Having seen a variety of furnaces. Mostly Carrier, Lennox, York, the popular brand names. Along with just about any failure you can think of with the furnaces. Heat exchangers, circuit boards, ignition components, main blowers, combustion blowers, burner assemblies, improper wiring, poor grounding, etc. When I first started my company, I looked around for a quality affordable furnace for my customers. I chose Heil because of the warranty that was offered with the furnace and the support network that was in place at the time. I have installed well over 300 Heil furnaces since then. One job was a 107 furnace install for a condo complex (5 years ago) From that job, I had 1 comb. blower fail, 1 comb. blower replaced due to noise. 2 ignitors fail, 1 flame sensor fail and replaced 1 gas valve (Smart Valve from Honeywell) not a fault of Heil. One thing that I noticed about Heil is that they are proactive in informing the contractors of potential problems that may arise and that they stand behind their warranties (never an argument). I have also been called in on other contractors installation by the Heil reps to correct faulty installations. It is important to 1) Have a quality product. 2) And this is maybe the most important for the consumer to Understand! Make sure that you are getting a certified installer With experience on that furnace (factory training) To wrap this up, I have found Heil to be one Of the better furnaces being manufactured at this time and I have hundreds of satisfied customers with Heil furnaces.

Date created: 2010-02-06 Name: Emanuel Labor

"To Hell with Heil"
Great at heating a closet. Not so great at heating a huge house.

Date created: 2010-02-06 Name: Alvin J. Bontreger

"Home owner in wisconsin"
I installed the 50,000 btu furnace in Fall 1985 in the new home. Worked great for about 10 years when the Co monitor started cherping with a low reading. Checked the furnace and the flame was not staying in the fire box. Took the unit apart and the exhaust pipe and secondary heat exchanger had over 40 holes in it. Went to the dealer and they got me new parts free of charge. It has been running ever since just fine. I also leave the fan running all the time to filter the air in my house and have had no problem with it. If the new ones are as good as this one, I will buy another one for sure.

Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Lester Brennan

"Mr. Lester Brennan"
We have problems every winter with our Heil furnace. This is a new home and furnace. If the product was any good, we shouldn't have to pay for labor to fix this product every year.

Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: Don Smith

"Heil furnace"
Just replaced the gas valve and ignitor. Furnace is less than 6 years old. Parts were not under warranty. Cost me $800.00. Heil is junk. Will never purchase another.

Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: Don Wolfe

"Heil 80+ Furnace"
I have owned my Heil furnace for 5 years and six months. Just had to replace an ignitor and gas valve. Cost me over $800.00. Parts were under warranty until 6 months prior to need for replacement. Very, very unhappy with Heil Furnace. Will never purchase another.