Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2010-11-13 Name: D Oldendick
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"95 % efficientcy furnace"
My old furnace suffered a crack heat exchanger after 29 years of service and I needed a replacement. Thompson heating and cooling let me view the crack with there camera. The next day they installed a whole new system air, furnace, and humidifier. I have run this furnace for eight days now and my house has never been this confortable before. It stays exactly at 68 degrees and every room is close in temperature. They also have a great warranty. I hope my luck continues, so far so good.

Date created: 2010-11-10 Name: Phillip Berkness
Location: Savage Minnesota

"Home Owner"
I was surprised by some of the reviews showing failures. I have 26 years with no failures on my 50,000 BTU furnace in cold Minnesota climate. It is slightly on the small side because I over insulated my house which causes it to run longer because of it's size. Maybe this prevents failure. I am having my first failure which is bad bearings on the exhaust blower. The blower costs $259.00 plus install. I like the idea of the constant fan in the new furnaces as long as the bearings don't fail. I would definitely buy another.

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: MAC
Location: Milo Ia.

"COLD"
My furnace Hot Surface Ignition Control Box got on fire and burned other wires with it-the HSI igniter has gone out 4 times, replace-the furnace has 4 burners, on fire up, 3 ignite, count to 10, the 4th BOOMS, ignites, replaced burner, new lite bar under warranty, Boom is still there. Flame Roll Out Switch mounted to the front of plenum would get warm from furnace metal it was screwed to, would then shut furnace down,problem solved, I layed the unit on the cool cabinet, no more shut offs-Now the chimney motor in these units sound like 911 with sirons on, noisy,Next you need a pipe going outside to draw-cool air for furnace when it is running ? Now you get cold air coming in when furnace is off ? High limit switch set too low, off & on off & on. what a joke. I set a bucket of ice cubes in front of the return air in, stopped this mess until the ice melted. The plastic finns on the blower chimney motor are pressed onto the shaft, comes loose, drops and starts a scraping noise, solved this easy to take apart, then put Super Glue on shaft and push it back on. This would take a 100 HP tractor to get it loose now. All junk controls on furnace.

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: Jojo McGraw
Location: Des Plaines, IL

"20+ years old and still going strong"
To that fellow with the 2 burner furnace-you had the wrong size furnace installed and that's no reflection on the furnace itself. The furnace is fine, it's just too small for the job. You should have had a "load calc" performed to determine the proper size for your home. Also, Heil furnaces all come with parts warranties-use them. You're just being silly if you pay a service tech for a part that's still under warranty. And Heil has some great warranties! It's a terrific product but if they're installed wrong, there will be problems. Just like anything, it has to be installed correctly for it to work well. All I see on this page is a bunch of people who have improperly installed furnaces and that shouldn't reflect on the product itself. The Heil in my very own basement is still going strong after 20 plus years of faithful service!

Date created: 2010-10-22 Name: Kathy Fifield
Location: Hanna , IN

"Why did i buy a heil furnace"
Purchased furnace in 2001 Dec. We built a new home. Nov.2005 had to call our furnace man back out to replace the smart valve. Oh guess what!!!!! just had him out yesterday, and its out again. This time i have to pay for it myself. and the barriers are going out in the blower. VERY UNSATISFIED

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: R Jones
Location: Oshkosh Wi

"Heil Heaven"
Bought a new spec home in 1987. We still have the original Heil furnace. In these 23 years we have never had a problem. Have it checked professionally every other year. I check and clean every other year as well. I know its days are limited and am considering replacing it BUT these new furnaces with all the new gadgets (depite the brand) seem to have to be repaired in some way after about three years. That seems awfully fast. I wonder if you really save anything by upgrading. With a high repair bill it seems any savings you gain are wiped out by a repair. I love the Heil I have now. I didn't know how lucky I was until I started investigating purchasing a new furnace.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: Mark
Location: Auburn, IN

"Mark Beber"
I am writing in response to those that spent 800.00 for a 150.00 part, and have had servicemen out 8 times and 4 times. You have an installation problem, and you have a service tech ripping you off. Its not the Heil Furnace. Almost all furnaces have the same parts, made by the same manufacturers. If not installed right, it doesnt work right. Its like having a Honda car, and letting the guys at GM put it together. It wont be installed right, and thus it's not going to work right. Installation is the key.

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: Tony DePew
Location: Wawaka,IN

"Very Satisfied"
I have a Heil 2 stage variable speed furnace with a Heil two stage heat pump system. My home is more comfortable than it ever has been and the savings on propane are tremendous. Highly recommend a Heil system from a qualified contractor.

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: T Dons

"Hiel is cheap"
We bought the house 5 years ago. it's a beautiful remodel, but the contractor cut some financial corners. instead of purchasing a good furnace or boiler, he installed an el cheapo Heil furnace. home depot type quality. the thing has only two gas burners, and blows cold air into the house even in the middle of the running cycle when the flames should be hot. we try to be good and get it serviced yearly, and even to insulate the ducts. but it still is just el cheapo, inexpensive, and gives off little heat. no wonder it can a pvc vent pipe. I'd recommend a hydronic boiler for quit, efficient heat, or even a goo hot air furnace, but that might be hard to find.

Date created: 2010-07-31 Name: K. Ebert

"Not Worth the money"
Replaced my Singer furnace with a high efficiency Heil. Furnace ran fine for about 3 years. Ever since then I have been replacing parts on a yearly basis. Think I have about 4 new furnaces by now. The Singer which has been in the home for 40 years was moved out to my garage and still works fine with no repairs. I'm planning on moving the Singer back into the house.