Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: Vicki Kurasz
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494

I bought my high efficiency furnace 14 years ago. It had issues two years into it and the issues kept coming. Both motors have been replaced along with most everything else. I could have purchased another furnace for what I've forked out since the warranty expired. Not to mention peace of mind.

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: Emjay Plaus
Location: Sudbury, ON

"Never Again!"
Heil Furnace 5 years old, replaced gas valve after first 2 years, pressure switch a month after that, 2 circut boards and now the inducer motor is fried...the total cost of repair is almost the price of the furnace at this point...brand new furnace being installed today and it sure as heck ain't a HEIL!

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: b. jones
Location: covington, ga

"Don't ever buy HEIL!"
Brand new central heat and air unit. The installers were of idiotic quality as well as this unit. Here it is at 3:30 in the morning here and I am typing this. I have no heat and my 81 year old Mother is visiting and we are waiting to attend a funeral in California for my brother. I have made three calls in three days with these hicks. Apparrently they are low educated, no skills and should not be installing anything. It isn't rocket science. HEIL suks and so do Georgia hillbillies (Installers/Techs).

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: scott

"Contractor"
From reading alot of the reviews that have had problems instalation and sizeing are the problems,and being over charged by contractors.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: Nick

"30 years and still kicking"
I have a Heil furnace that was manufactured in 1978 and installed in 1979. Still kicks and needs only the normal maintenance. Motors, valves and temperature sensors don't last forever. Most components have been replaced a couple times but over 30 years is pretty good.

Date created: 2010-11-23 Name: Dan D.

"1987 90afue nat gas furnace"
My 23 yr old Heil 90% eff. furnace is still working well & runs quietly, I replaced the induction fan in 2007 and I just replaced a faulty fan/limit switch this month. I do maintain and clean the furnace regularly and I replaced the 2 parts myself (bolt-on stuff) which saved me money too. I also have a 15 yr old Tempstar DC90 (Same as Heil DC90) that has just failed (probably) due to improper installation by the remodeling contractor who did the install but I've also heard that early production runs of this model had heat exchanger problems too. Heil has been acquired by (the parent company of ) Carrier, I plan to replace the Tempstar with another Heil.

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: john
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Very poor"
House built in 1998 repaired in 2002 blower repaired again in 2004 now in 2008 needed new a/c unit I think it was all poorly made oh yeah furnace blew out last night all done getting anew one sick of Heil.

Date created: 2010-11-13 Name: D Oldendick
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"95 % efficientcy furnace"
My old furnace suffered a crack heat exchanger after 29 years of service and I needed a replacement. Thompson heating and cooling let me view the crack with there camera. The next day they installed a whole new system air, furnace, and humidifier. I have run this furnace for eight days now and my house has never been this confortable before. It stays exactly at 68 degrees and every room is close in temperature. They also have a great warranty. I hope my luck continues, so far so good.

Date created: 2010-11-10 Name: Phillip Berkness
Location: Savage Minnesota

"Home Owner"
I was surprised by some of the reviews showing failures. I have 26 years with no failures on my 50,000 BTU furnace in cold Minnesota climate. It is slightly on the small side because I over insulated my house which causes it to run longer because of it's size. Maybe this prevents failure. I am having my first failure which is bad bearings on the exhaust blower. The blower costs $259.00 plus install. I like the idea of the constant fan in the new furnaces as long as the bearings don't fail. I would definitely buy another.

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: MAC
Location: Milo, IA

"COLD"
My furnace Hot Surface Ignition Control Box got on fire and burned other wires with it-the hsi igniter has gone out 4 times, replace-the furnace has 4 burners, on fire up, 3 ignite, count to 10, the 4th booms, ignites, replaced burner, new lite bar under warranty, Boom is still there. Flame Roll Out Switch mounted to the front of plenum would get warm from furnace metal it was screwed to, would then shut furnace down,problem solved, I laid the unit on the cool cabinet, no more shut offs-Now the chimney motor in these units sound like 911 with sirens on, noisy. Next you need a pipe going outside to draw-cool air for furnace when it is running? Now you get cold air coming in when furnace is off ? High limit switch set too low, off & on off & on. What a joke. I set a bucket of ice cubes in front of the return air in, stopped this mess until the ice melted. The plastic finns on the blower chimney motor are pressed onto the shaft, comes loose, drops and starts a scraping noise, solved this easy to take apart, then put Super Glue on shaft and push it back on. This would take a 100 hp tractor to get it loose now. All junk controls on furnace.