Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: A. Marsh
Location: Longmont, CO

"Amazing!"
I am in love with my new Heil Furnace. I bought the 95%, 2-Stage, variable speed unit and it is amazing. Far better then my brother's Carrier and my Father's Lennox. We all three bought furnaces in the last three years and mine is by far the most quiet. I can't even tell that it's running and my air flow is much better. I would recommend Heil to anyone!

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: FRED METRO
Location: NIAGARA FALLS N.Y. 14305

"90 PCT EFFICENT FURNACE"
FURNACE IS APPROX. 10 YEARS OLD.WITHIN 3 MO. THE FAN LIMIT SW WENT,IT WAS REPLACED BY CONTRACTOR FREE OF CHARGE. ABOUT A YEAR LATER A CIRCUIT BOARD WENT,I PAID. SINCE THEN I HAVE REPLACED THE DRAFT INDUCER MOTOR 2 TIMES & ITS STARTING TO GO AGAIN.MY ORIGINAL FURNACE WAS 22 YEARS OLD & WORKED FINE. WE PUT A/C IN &IT WOULDN'T FIT IN PLENUM. HEIL WAS RECOMENDED. WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE

Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: Vicki Kurasz
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494

I bought my high efficiency furnace 14 years ago. It had issues two years into it and the issues kept coming. Both motors have been replaced along with most everything else. I could have purchased another furnace for what I've forked out since the warranty expired. Not to mention peace of mind.

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: Emjay Plaus
Location: Sudbury, ON

"Never Again!"
Heil Furnace 5 years old, replaced gas valve after first 2 years, pressure switch a month after that, 2 circut boards and now the inducer motor is fried...the total cost of repair is almost the price of the furnace at this point...brand new furnace being installed today and it sure as heck ain't a HEIL!

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: b. jones
Location: covington, ga

"Don't ever buy HEIL!"
Brand new central heat and air unit. The installers were of idiotic quality as well as this unit. Here it is at 3:30 in the morning here and I am typing this. I have no heat and my 81 year old Mother is visiting and we are waiting to attend a funeral in California for my brother. I have made three calls in three days with these hicks. Apparrently they are low educated, no skills and should not be installing anything. It isn't rocket science. HEIL suks and so do Georgia hillbillies (Installers/Techs).

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: scott

"Contractor"
From reading alot of the reviews that have had problems instalation and sizeing are the problems,and being over charged by contractors.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: Nick

"30 years and still kicking"
I have a Heil furnace that was manufactured in 1978 and installed in 1979. Still kicks and needs only the normal maintenance. Motors, valves and temperature sensors don't last forever. Most components have been replaced a couple times but over 30 years is pretty good.

Date created: 2010-11-23 Name: Dan D.

"1987 90afue nat gas furnace"
My 23 yr old Heil 90% eff. furnace is still working well & runs quietly, I replaced the induction fan in 2007 and I just replaced a faulty fan/limit switch this month. I do maintain and clean the furnace regularly and I replaced the 2 parts myself (bolt-on stuff) which saved me money too. I also have a 15 yr old Tempstar DC90 (Same as Heil DC90) that has just failed (probably) due to improper installation by the remodeling contractor who did the install but I've also heard that early production runs of this model had heat exchanger problems too. Heil has been acquired by (the parent company of ) Carrier, I plan to replace the Tempstar with another Heil.

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: john
Location: buffalo ny

"Very poor"
House built in 1998 repaired in 2002 blower repaired again in 2004 now in 2008 needed new a/c unit i think it was all poorly made oh yeah funrance blew out last nite all done getting anew one sick of heil

Date created: 2010-11-13 Name: D Oldendick
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"95 % efficientcy furnace"
My old furnace suffered a crack heat exchanger after 29 years of service and I needed a replacement. Thompson heating and cooling let me view the crack with there camera. The next day they installed a whole new system air, furnace, and humidifier. I have run this furnace for eight days now and my house has never been this confortable before. It stays exactly at 68 degrees and every room is close in temperature. They also have a great warranty. I hope my luck continues, so far so good.