Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Thomas J. Lutz
Location: Germantown, WI

"Very Satisfied"
We just had our gas furnace installed. Our installer did outstanding work. We would recommend Heil and our installer to anyone in our area -- keep making a great product!

Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: Balakrishnan Ranganathan

"Broken HEIL gas furnace"
I installed a new HEIL gas furnace for my home in January 2010. The heater failed yesterday 5th February 2011, a little after one year. Till the time it broke it worked well and kept us in good comfort. Right now the thermostat makes contact and wants to start the furnace and the gas nozzles light up but it does not go to the next step and the unit stops there and goes to step one. A mechanic has been called.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Marla A.
Location: Whitehall, MI

"Don't know what you want"
I had my Heil Furnace installed on 12/1/10 and I am amazed that being a new model the blower is sooo loud. It's located in the basement and I can hear it upstairs in the TV room with the TV on start and run. It's a though I'm sitting right next to the furnace. Two people I know who just had a new furnace installed do not have this low blower coming through their vents. I'm not sure which brand they had installed, but it wasn't a Heil. I have had them come out several times to try quiet it down and have been told that the newer models nowadays don't have the same system as these new ones. My older furnace was very quiet and had it for over 17 years and I'm having great difficulty accepting this loud noise coming through my vents every day. I can't live like this. I'm still waiting for them to fix this and they seem to be in a quantary. Come on, don't they know what to do????? They're supposed to be educated in this area??? I truly feel I'm being snowed with their excuses...I don't know what to do??? Is there anyone out there that can assist me? I'm with the Consumers Energy Appliance Saving Program and granted they sent the one closest to us because we were without heat in the mid of winter...but I went to them and they sent me back to these guys because they are the only ones who service this area...Please help!

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: A. Marsh
Location: Longmont, CO

"Amazing!"
I am in love with my new Heil Furnace. I bought the 95%, 2-Stage, variable speed unit and it is amazing. Far better then my brother's Carrier and my Father's Lennox. We all three bought furnaces in the last three years and mine is by far the most quiet. I can't even tell that it's running and my air flow is much better. I would recommend Heil to anyone!

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: FRED METRO
Location: NIAGARA FALLS N.Y. 14305

"90 PCT EFFICENT FURNACE"
FURNACE IS APPROX. 10 YEARS OLD.WITHIN 3 MO. THE FAN LIMIT SW WENT,IT WAS REPLACED BY CONTRACTOR FREE OF CHARGE. ABOUT A YEAR LATER A CIRCUIT BOARD WENT,I PAID. SINCE THEN I HAVE REPLACED THE DRAFT INDUCER MOTOR 2 TIMES & ITS STARTING TO GO AGAIN.MY ORIGINAL FURNACE WAS 22 YEARS OLD & WORKED FINE. WE PUT A/C IN &IT WOULDN'T FIT IN PLENUM. HEIL WAS RECOMENDED. WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE

Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: Vicki Kurasz
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494

I bought my high efficiency furnace 14 years ago. It had issues two years into it and the issues kept coming. Both motors have been replaced along with most everything else. I could have purchased another furnace for what I've forked out since the warranty expired. Not to mention peace of mind.

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: Emjay Plaus
Location: Sudbury, ON

"Never Again!"
Heil Furnace 5 years old, replaced gas valve after first 2 years, pressure switch a month after that, 2 circut boards and now the inducer motor is fried...the total cost of repair is almost the price of the furnace at this point...brand new furnace being installed today and it sure as heck ain't a HEIL!

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: b. jones
Location: covington, ga

"Don't ever buy HEIL!"
Brand new central heat and air unit. The installers were of idiotic quality as well as this unit. Here it is at 3:30 in the morning here and I am typing this. I have no heat and my 81 year old Mother is visiting and we are waiting to attend a funeral in California for my brother. I have made three calls in three days with these hicks. Apparrently they are low educated, no skills and should not be installing anything. It isn't rocket science. HEIL suks and so do Georgia hillbillies (Installers/Techs).

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: scott

"Contractor"
From reading alot of the reviews that have had problems instalation and sizeing are the problems,and being over charged by contractors.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: Nick

"30 years and still kicking"
I have a Heil furnace that was manufactured in 1978 and installed in 1979. Still kicks and needs only the normal maintenance. Motors, valves and temperature sensors don't last forever. Most components have been replaced a couple times but over 30 years is pretty good.