Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: ken bates
Location: THUNDER BAY ONTARIO CANADA

"GAVE HEIL A SHOT AND IT MISSED MARK"
HAD A HEIL ULTIMATE 3 INSTALLED IN NEW HOUSE IN 1996, BLOWER MOTOR FAILED 11 YEARS LATER, $350 . HAVE HAD 2 EXHAUST MOTORS REPLACED AT $200 A PIECE.HAVE JUST HAD TO REPLACE THE FURNACE BECAUSE THE SECONDARY HEAT EXCHANGER PLUGGED UP AND TECH SAID IT COULD NOT BE REPAIRED.NEW FURNACE NOT A HEIL

Date created: 2011-04-18 Name: R Ertel
Location: Racine, WI

"Pretty Satisfied"
We have had a Heil 90% Energy Efficient furnace for 15 years. To date we have had only 1 minor repair. Recently the furnace has become much louder when pumping out heat then gets quieter when the blower motor takes over. I was told by a technician that it sounds like something maybe wrong with the inducer motor. Sometimes the motor can be fixed, other times it has to be replaced. The technician also said a furnace should last between 15-20 years. Considering the age, I'm pretty satisifed with the quality and performance of the unit.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Name: P. Truskoski
Location: Sudbury, On

"Not Amused"
Had this Heil furnace installed 4 months ago, though the heat is good, my wife and I found the fan noise to be very loud. The technician turned the fan speed down to quiet it, still louder than our old unit and doesn't pump the warm air as it should, so it runs longer, so much for savings. It also makes a loud vibration noise on start up, again the tech can't get it to quiet down. So our only choice is to turn the thermostat way down so it kicks in less and doesn't wake us up. Anyone want to buy it? Thinking of cashing in some bonds and get anything else.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: Lori Mills
Location: Belleville, MI

"DO NOT BUY A HEIL FURNACE!!!!"
This is the second house that I've had that had one of these furnaces installed in it and the are the worst furnace EVER, the company should be out of business! Nothing but problems every time you turn around! DO NOT EVER BUY ONE!!!!!

Date created: 2011-03-24 Name: PAUL
Location: CALIFORNIA

"8 YEAR OLD HIEL"
I HAVE A 8 YEAR OLD HIEL HEATER ,I HAVE A HOME WARRENTY BUYERS PROTECTION GROUP THAT WILL NO LONGER FIX THIS HEATER, GAS VALVE GOES OUT ABOUT EVERY YEAR, NO ONE WANT'S TO STAND BEHIND THIS PRODUCT, HOME WARRENTY AND HIEL TECH SUPPORT ARE TELLING ME MOISTURE MUST BE THE PROBLEM, NO MOISTURE FOUND ANY PLACE,NO WATER FOUND, NOTHING. SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER EXCUSE SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY. DON'T BUY HOME WARRENTY FROM BUYERS PROTECTION GROUP THEY USE EVERY EXCUSE NOT PAY.

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: David
Location: Skokie, IL

"Homeowner"
I will not buy Heil furnace again, period.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: E. Kats
Location: Kingston, Ontario

"19 Years and Going Strong"
Went to visit my mom's place and inquiring about her furnace (home built in '91) and she indicated that in all those years, only changes the air filter. Only remembers to get the furnace checked about once every 5 years. Will convince her to have annual maintenance moving forward. Furnace is on continuously in our cold northern climate.

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Thomas J. Lutz
Location: Germantown, WI

"Very Satisfied"
We just had our gas furnace installed. Our installer did outstanding work. We would recommend Heil and our installer to anyone in our area -- keep making a great product!

Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: Balakrishnan Ranganathan

"Broken HEIL gas furnace"
I installed a new HEIL gas furnace for my home in January 2010. The heater failed yesterday 5th February 2011, a little after one year. Till the time it broke it worked well and kept us in good comfort. Right now the thermostat makes contact and wants to start the furnace and the gas nozzles light up but it does not go to the next step and the unit stops there and goes to step one. A mechanic has been called.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Marla A.
Location: Whitehall, MI

"Don't know what you want"
I had my Heil Furnace installed on 12/1/10 and I am amazed that being a new model the blower is sooo loud. It's located in the basement and I can hear it upstairs in the TV room with the TV on start and run. It's a though I'm sitting right next to the furnace. Two people I know who just had a new furnace installed do not have this low blower coming through their vents. I'm not sure which brand they had installed, but it wasn't a Heil. I have had them come out several times to try quiet it down and have been told that the newer models nowadays don't have the same system as these new ones. My older furnace was very quiet and had it for over 17 years and I'm having great difficulty accepting this loud noise coming through my vents every day. I can't live like this. I'm still waiting for them to fix this and they seem to be in a quantary. Come on, don't they know what to do????? They're supposed to be educated in this area??? I truly feel I'm being snowed with their excuses...I don't know what to do??? Is there anyone out there that can assist me? I'm with the Consumers Energy Appliance Saving Program and granted they sent the one closest to us because we were without heat in the mid of winter...but I went to them and they sent me back to these guys because they are the only ones who service this area...Please help!