Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2015-01-29 Name: J.Hurd
Location: Conway, SC

"Very noisy"
The unit is very noisy. You cannot sleep in our bedroom because of the loud noise of the unit. I am going to get a new unit and it will not be a Heil. John

Date created: 2014-12-14 Name: L. Meyer
Location: WI

"Great furnace"
We have had our Heil furnace for over 7 years now and not one problem.

Date created: 2014-10-23 Name: Dave Ewan
Location: United States

"Heil won't help with bad installation"
Installed by a licensed installer in January, 2013. Short cycling & producing soot. The installer says it's okay. A different licensed heater technician says the ducts are too small. Heil refuses to tell me which is true.

Date created: 2014-09-18 Name: G.S.
Location: Battle Creek, MI

"Lasts a long time!"
Unfortunately, we have found out we need a new furnace after a preseason tune up. This furnace was already installed in our home when we bought it, in 1987. Guessing it is about 30 years old. It is a smaller, modern model. I sure hope we are able to buy a model that is close to this one, there were very little maintenance charges over the years.

Date created: 2014-05-15 Name: mary
Location: Waterloo, IA

"7 month old piece of junk"
Very loud. Water collects in exhaust pipe so gas leaked and had to call guy. Worst of all within 2 weeks made my sinuses painful and bleed, feels as if a chemical burning my nose. The doors seem to have a coating that smells like band aids which I believe is the cause but no one at manufacturer will talk to me and are not accountable. Booklet says its been found to emit a chemical that causes cancer and I am stuck with it!

Date created: 2014-03-26 Name: Nadia
Location: Schaumburg, illinois

"Heil reviews"
Very loud and it goes on and off constantly all day and it's driving me crazy. I hope I can find a quiet one just like my old one I used to have. I will never ever recommend this one neither I will buy heil brand. I am so tired of the loud air noise coming out of the vents.

Date created: 2014-01-02 Name: J. Woods
Location: Lafayette, IN

"Quite and Efficient"
I'm amazed that people complain about the noise level. Mine is quiet and effective as well.

Date created: 2013-07-10 Name: R. Larson
Location: North Haverbrook. Virginia

"Love This Unit"
I can't believe how quiet this furnace is. I read a couple of reviews saying how loud the unit is but that's probably from a bad installation. If you actually want quality work done, it will cost a little bit more but it is completely worth it. No service calls, no break downs, no noise. This unit is incredible.

Date created: 2013-04-02 Name: F. Danson
Location: Central Oregon

"It just keeps going"
I saved up my money to buy a new furnace as soon as my existing Heil dies but it has been 2 years and I haven't had the thing serviced or looked at or anything. This beast just keeps working and working. When it does die though I will not settle for anything but another super reliable Heil.

Date created: 2013-04-02 Name: J. Hughes
Location: Northeast Virginia

"No other Brand Compares"
I have moved all around the country and lived in many houses with almost every major brand of furnace. This Heil has not yet broken in the last 10 years. I do get it serviced every few years and it has been going strong. Every other brand like clockwork breaks a month after I move in. When it is time to replace this unit I will not buy anything but a Heil.