Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2015-01-29 Name: J.Hurd
Location: Conway, SC

"Very noisy"
The unit is very noisy. You cannot sleep in our bedroom because of the loud noise of the unit. I am going to get a new unit and it will not be a Heil. John

Date created: 2014-12-14 Name: L. Meyer
Location: WI

"Great furnace"
We have had our Heil furnace for over 7 years now and not one problem.

Date created: 2014-10-23 Name: Dave Ewan
Location: United States

"Heil won't help with bad installation"
Installed by a licensed installer in January, 2013. Short cycling & producing soot. The installer says it's okay. A different licensed heater technician says the ducts are too small. Heil refuses to tell me which is true.

Date created: 2014-09-18 Name: G.S.
Location: Battle Creek, MI

"Lasts a long time!"
Unfortunately, we have found out we need a new furnace after a preseason tune up. This furnace was already installed in our home when we bought it, in 1987. Guessing it is about 30 years old. It is a smaller, modern model. I sure hope we are able to buy a model that is close to this one, there were very little maintenance charges over the years.

Date created: 2014-05-15 Name: mary
Location: 50701

"7 month old piece of junk"
Very loud. Water collects in exhaust pipe so gas leaked and had to call guy. Worst of all within 2 weeks made my sinuses painful and bleed, feels as if a chemical burning my nose. The doors seem to have a coating that smells like band aids which I believe is the cause but no one at manufacturer will talk to me and are not accountable. Booklet says its been found to emit a chemical that causes cancer and I am stuck with it!

Date created: 2014-03-26 Name: Nadia
Location: Schaumburg, illinois

"Heil reviews"
Very loud and it goes on and off constantly all day and it's driving me crazy. I hope I can find a quiet one just like my old one I used to have. I will never ever recommend this one neither I will buy heil brand. I am so tired of the loud air noise coming out of the vents.

Date created: 2014-01-02 Name: J. Woods
Location: Lafayette, IN

"Quite and Efficient"
I'm amazed that people complain about the noise level. Mine is quiet and effective as well.

Date created: 2013-07-10 Name: R. Larson
Location: North Haverbrook. Virginia

"Love This Unit"
I can't believe how quiet this furnace is. I read a couple of reviews saying how loud the unit is but that's probably from a bad installation. If you actually want quality work done, it will cost a little bit more but it is completely worth it. No service calls, no break downs, no noise. This unit is incredible.

Date created: 2013-03-04 Name: B. Danco
Location: Central, NY

"Best Furnace i have ever had!"
I bought a Heil about two years ago because of their excellent warranties. This unit has run perfectly from day one. The only time I have called the service company was when my thermostat finally died (I had had it for 17 years) and for annual maintenance with cleaning. This unit runs so perfectly, comfortably, quietly, and efficiently. I would not buy anything else.

Date created: 2013-02-15 Name: Jennifer flood
Location: Omaha ne

"Great equipment"
After searching around for a new system, I decided to go with Heil. I wanted a reliable system so I talked to people around town and met an honest man and company that my friends use. He explained everything to me and I told him about the reviews I have been reading. He said it all comes down to a good installer without that you have nothing. You know what he was right; I haven't had a problem with mine for years.