Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2006-10-26 Name: Robin
Location: Milford, CT

This furnace is wonderfully quiet. It's a quality machine and it's built to last. The warranty on it is comparable to other leading furnace makers. Heil has been in business for over 25 years... a good sign because if they made bad products, they would no longer be in business. This is a quality unit, and when Properly Installed, it works fine just like any other machine. This unit was installed in an insulated shed, built off the back of our home just for this purpose. We also had a Heil central A/C installed and I will write a separate review for that (very positive!!!). EXCELLENT GAS FURNACE, WE'D HIGHLY RECCOMMEND HEIL PRODUCTS TO EVERYONE AND RECENTLY GAVE OUR OWN MOTHER A REFERRAL TO THE HEATING & COOLING CONTRACTOR WHO INSTALLS ONLY HEIL PRODUCTS!

Date created: 2006-10-09 Name: G. WERSTIUK
Location: RED DEER ALBERTA CANADA

Furnace less than 3 year old - circuit board burnt out.

Date created: 2006-09-15 Name: Dorothy D. Richard
Location: Atlanta, GA

This is a box unit outside. Sold to my elder mother in 1998. It is a piece of junk. In my investigation Heil is considered by most AC/Htg. dealer to be "Contractor Grade". I'm sure you know what that means. JUNK! Now we are having major problems with this unit. BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT EVER, EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMTANCES BUY A HEIL!. THEY SHOULD BE PULLED OFF THE MARKET.

Date created: 2006-08-30 Name: Maggie Bobo
Location: Elgin, SC

I've been in my home for 5 months and the Heil HVAC has a loud, pulsing sound that keeps me awake at night. The installer and the distributor's rep say that it's a normal sound. At least 10 other people have listened and agree that it's not normal. I was even told by the distributor's rep that he had to give approval for the regional manager to come and evaluate it. The unit is so cheap that it is not even stable on the concrete pad. I think the unit is unbalanced and unstabilized, but none of the Heil reps seem to know how to correct this problem. I would never buy another Heil product. They market the product as quiet, and it's anything but that.