Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2006-09-15 Name: Dorothy D. Richard
Location: Atlanta, GA

This is a box unit outside. Sold to my elder mother in 1998. It is a piece of junk. In my investigation Heil is considered by most AC/Htg. dealer to be "Contractor Grade". I'm sure you know what that means. JUNK! Now we are having major problems with this unit. BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT EVER, EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMTANCES BUY A HEIL!. THEY SHOULD BE PULLED OFF THE MARKET.

Date created: 2006-08-30 Name: Maggie Bobo
Location: Elgin, SC

I've been in my home for 5 months and the Heil HVAC has a loud, pulsing sound that keeps me awake at night. The installer and the distributor's rep say that it's a normal sound. At least 10 other people have listened and agree that it's not normal. I was even told by the distributor's rep that he had to give approval for the regional manager to come and evaluate it. The unit is so cheap that it is not even stable on the concrete pad. I think the unit is unbalanced and unstabilized, but none of the Heil reps seem to know how to correct this problem. I would never buy another Heil product. They market the product as quiet, and it's anything but that.