Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2007-02-19 Name: W Heinrich
Location: Thunder Bay,Ontario,Canada

After twelve years the inducer blower unit went.Prices from $300 to almost $400 U.S.The motor is fine but the plastic fan inside has hairline cracks around the motor shaft,causing it to wobble.I also replaced the control board under warranty after 2 years.

Date created: 2007-02-15 Name: Burdell Boltjes
Location: Worthington, Minnesota

Very disatified Seems like every year we need to replace something new on this lemon furnace.Just cost us $300 6 weeks ago, Now it is disable again. Its -13 degrees outside and the furnace will not ignite, I will never recomend anybody installing a Heil furnace, Bought it to save on heat bills but spend more on maintiance than we do on fuel. What kind of company is Heil.

Date created: 2007-01-17 Name: Gavin
Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada

I installed a Heil mid efficient furnace in my house three years ago. It is vey efficient and quiet running. It is dependable and has never let me down. As for what I read in another review about Heil furnaces being contractor grade furnaces, there is no such thing. When you stand this furnace next to any furnace on the market the main body of the furnace (heat exchanger)is no worse in quality or construction than any other furnace. In fact it is better. I am a contractor and know the pain that goes along with return visits for problem furnaces. I have been in the buisness of installing furnaces for close to thirty years. I have installed many other furnaces over the years, Trane , Lennox, Carrier and others. I have had many problems with these furnaces. Lennox, which is suppossed to be the cadilac of furnaces has changed styles over the years because engineering on two of their top furnaces were a problem, namely the Whisper heat and the pulse furnaces. I chose to install Heil because they don't let me down. Time is money and keeping the customer happy is the best advertisment you can have.

Date created: 2006-11-25 Name: john b.
Location: waukegan il

The inducer motor for flue pipe vibrates. I'm on my third one with no improvement. It makes all my ductwork rumble. So far no answer from factory -- they say they will contact installer.

Date created: 2006-10-26 Name: Robin
Location: Milford, CT

This furnace is wonderfully quiet. It's a quality machine and it's built to last. The warranty on it is comparable to other leading furnace makers. Heil has been in business for over 25 years... a good sign because if they made bad products, they would no longer be in business. This is a quality unit, and when Properly Installed, it works fine just like any other machine. This unit was installed in an insulated shed, built off the back of our home just for this purpose. We also had a Heil central A/C installed and I will write a separate review for that (very positive!!!). EXCELLENT GAS FURNACE, WE'D HIGHLY RECCOMMEND HEIL PRODUCTS TO EVERYONE AND RECENTLY GAVE OUR OWN MOTHER A REFERRAL TO THE HEATING & COOLING CONTRACTOR WHO INSTALLS ONLY HEIL PRODUCTS!

Date created: 2006-10-09 Name: G. WERSTIUK
Location: RED DEER ALBERTA CANADA

Furnace less than 3 year old - circuit board burnt out.

Date created: 2006-09-15 Name: Dorothy D. Richard
Location: Atlanta, GA

This is a box unit outside. Sold to my elder mother in 1998. It is a piece of junk. In my investigation Heil is considered by most AC/Htg. dealer to be "Contractor Grade". I'm sure you know what that means. JUNK! Now we are having major problems with this unit. BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT EVER, EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMTANCES BUY A HEIL!. THEY SHOULD BE PULLED OFF THE MARKET.

Date created: 2006-08-30 Name: Maggie Bobo
Location: Elgin, SC

I've been in my home for 5 months and the Heil HVAC has a loud, pulsing sound that keeps me awake at night. The installer and the distributor's rep say that it's a normal sound. At least 10 other people have listened and agree that it's not normal. I was even told by the distributor's rep that he had to give approval for the regional manager to come and evaluate it. The unit is so cheap that it is not even stable on the concrete pad. I think the unit is unbalanced and unstabilized, but none of the Heil reps seem to know how to correct this problem. I would never buy another Heil product. They market the product as quiet, and it's anything but that.