Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2009-10-28 Name: Bob Schwartz

"Heil furnace"
I have owned my Heil for 14 years, itís a 100,000 btu 90+% efficient unit in that time frame I've replaced 4 ignites, exhaust fan, control board, and the control valve. I should have replaced it along time ago, this will be its last year in this house. I don't understand why they can't build something that lasts.

Date created: 2009-10-07 Name: G Ferland
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Decent furnace"
We have owned a Heil 50000 BTUs for about 12 years now. Although I find the burners a bit noisy (especially on start-up), it is not a big issue. It has to work hard, since we live in Ottawa Ontario Canada (the coldest capital in the world !) It has never failed once, but I don't think this is a coincidence. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AFTER YOUR FURNACE for this to happen !!!! That means cleaning or replacing the filter regularly (I clean my re-usable filter once a month), cleaning and oiling the blower motor (I do it myself once a year, without removing the unit from the furnace), checking and cleaning the flam sensor, etc. Most people seem to assume a furnace is like a light bulb ; replace it and forget about it until it goes out !! If you do this, you ask for trouble no matter what type of furnace you buy !
Date created: 2009-10-05 Name: Nate Hersco
Location: Chicago

"Natehersco"
I had 2 Furnaces installed in my home 19 years ago. They were Heil 90 % afue 100000 btu. They worked flawlessly 19 years. The only maintenance they had was to change their filters at the begining of the winter season. I live in Chicago and they kept our home perfectly warm all those years. They hardly consumed any energy. They were my greatest pride and joy all those years. They died simultanousley this week to my great chagrin. The person that installed them told me that they are obsolete and to get rid of my dead furnaces. He advised me to get a 95% afue Lennox furnace and it sadened me
Date created: 2009-10-01 Name: Dan T

" Dan T Prior Lake, MN"
After reading some of these post I guess I have been pretty fortunate, I have limped my Heil along for over 16 years, but all of those years havn't been good. 5 igniters, one induction fan, one controller now it runs and won't stop, it just blows cold air. I'm done with this pos, Heil get your head out of your a$$ and start making some thing that hold up! You lost me as a customer...
Date created: 2009-09-13 Name: Anthony Robinson

"Unit has never worked right since installed"
I have owned a Heil phn44800k00a1-- unit for 5 months. The unit has stop working at least 6 times during the 5 months
Date created: 2009-05-20 Name: Ken

"Heil furnace and air conditioner"
I'm very happy with my Heil furnace and air conditioner. It works great and is quiet! Im saving money! I feel out of all my research that Heil (icp Carrier United Technologies)offered a great product and warranty. Air conditioner has a 10yr compressor, parts, 10yr no hassle replacement limited warranty. Furnace has a life time heat exchanger warranty, 10yr parts,and 10yr no hassle replacement limited warranty. All this with a great price!
Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: george luken

"Excellent furnace"
I have had my Heil furnace for over 25 years it has been excellent since the day I had it installed. Service is not an expensive thing with these furnaces they are extremely dependable and never fail to keep my family and I warm during the cold heating months.
Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: S Conanton

"Very very happy !!"
I have had my old Heil heating and air system for over 23 years. During that time we never had a breakdown and only one component part needed to be replaced during the life of the system. We decided to install a new Heil system in April 2007 and I have to say "It Is Terrific !!". Our new gas furnace and heat pump is much quieter than all my neighbor's units and most important the new system has cut our energy usage by 59.1% !! I was amazed at this savings and I also have to compliment our dealer Thompson Heating Cooling as they also did a wonderful job. As a retired engineer, I would have never believed that our new system would have achieved the energy savings that we are enjoying. It was so good two of my neighbors have installed new systems and are very happy.
Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: Jay Kaiser
Location: Union, Kentucky

"Director Of Sales & Marketing"
The Heil system that I installed has been great. We have had no service issues. The unit is extremely quiet and the best part is that our utility bills are significantly lower. We not only installed the variable speed furnace but we added the outdoor 2 stage heat pump.
Date created: 2009-03-09 Name: Mary B
Location: Ohio

"FURNACE AND HEAT PUMP"
We have had our furnace and heat pump for 2 years now and have no problems with either. My old Carrier unit was so noisy we could not even sit out on our back patio. Now our new Heil heat pump is so quiet. We replaced our furnace with a variable speed and our air conditioner with a heat pump and we have definitely noticed the savings on our heating bills. I would definitely recommend the Heil and just has a few others have stated. I believe you need to be sure to find a reputable company to install it. We did and have no complaints.