Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2017-10-31 Name: Jay Schell
Location: Lebanon, PA

"Heil has been reliable"
As a distributor selling Heil hvac equipment, we are very satisfied with Heil's performance. The equipment has been reliable, is built well and 100% run tested before leaving the factory. This has been a big part of it becoming our fastest growing line and soon to be our largest line.

Date created: 2017-10-23 Name: Gerald S.
Location: Alberta, Canada

"Noisy"
This furnace replaced a 1980 Lennox monster of a furnace. This was supposed to be 95% energy efficient compared to my old 60% efficient furnace. The furnace fan is very noisy and wakes me up during the night when it kicks in, even guests when staying over remark on how noisy the system is. The furnace fan runs for a half hour to forty five minutes at a time to get the house slightly warm. The old system would run for 5 - 10 minutes and that was it and the house would be hot. Natural gas bill is down a few dollars but because the fan is almost always running my power bill has increased $20 - 30 dollars per month. So much for reducing my carbon foot print. Because this is noisy and costly to operate, this was one of my worst investments. Can't believe companies are installing such inferior products in this age.

Date created: 2017-07-26 Name: Shari McKnight
Location: Alexandria, LA

"Has not worked properly since installation"
This unit was installed in June 2011 and from the time the inside unit was installed it would not allow my house to cool below 78 degrees in the hottest part of the summer. It turns on around 2 in the afternoon and runs non stop never cutting off until 8 or 9 at night. I've had horrendous electric bills. I have replaced the outside unit, the thermostat, a valve, added coolant, and last for $800 replaced the coil. And my house still won't get any cooler than 78 degrees. No one can fix it. I was told by the installer that my warranty was registered in the computer and I received no written warranty. It has no warranty any longer than 5 years. My installer said 15 years. I called Heil and they will not extend the warranty I was never given. I am currently pursuing legal action.

Date created: 2017-06-14 Name: D&J
Location: Muncie, IN

"DISAPPOINTED"
We are totally disappointed in dehaven /aireserv service. New furnace and a/c installed in December and it has never performed as promised. Cold in house in winter and too hot in summer. It is costing us more than old unit and its supposed to be a 98% efficient unit. A Heil made by Carrier and Carrier or Heil have no tech support. Do not use these people for any services if you want something that works right.

Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: Donald Trump
Location: Hiroshima, Japan

"Sieg Heil"
This brand gave me ww2 flashbacks.

Date created: 2017-05-23 Name: robert Nixon
Location: Belton, MO

"10 years in January"
I had a heil furnace and A/c system installed in my new home 10 years ago. I have just been told the whole system has to be replace. Is this normal for Heil? The compressor is out and it is full of mold. Is there any chance of some help on this? Thank you

Date created: 2017-02-03 Name: Kurt Olsen
Location: Birch Hills, Saskatchewan

"Heil furnace"
The furnace is very unreliable it's been in our house now for five years and every winter we have steady problems with it shutting down! Not at all happy with this piece of junk and the company who installed are hard to get to come all the way out to our place to get the problem solved !!! I am a prisoner in my own home don't know what to do anymore don't have the money to tear it out and put in a reliable furnace.

Date created: 2017-01-24 Name: Anonymous
Location: Council Bluffs, IA

"DO NOT BUY ICP PRODUCTS"
I purchased a Heil (I.E. International Comfort Products) Furnace and Air Conditioner during the Fall of 2014. Since the Furnace and ac were installed I have had nothing but problems. First, it took nearly a year and two different service technicians to correctly calibrate the Furnace and ac to reach the manufacturer specified efficiency. I asked the second service technician, who was much more experienced, why it was such an issue to get the furnace and ac calibrated. He informed me the Heil (I.E. icp products) have a lot of problems (I.E. frequently part failures and problems achieving the specified efficacy). At that point, I was worried about the purchase, but I figured I was covered by a 5/10 and 20-year warranty, so even if a part failed, it wouldn't be that bad. Since then, I've had ongoing issues with the Furnace and ac. Intermittently, the furnace/AC will shut down and provide a 3 led error code. Recently, I have had to run the furnace without the cover panel and call a service technician. After the service technician diagnosed the system, I was informed that the inducer motor and pressure switches (x2) had failed. While icp will cover the cost of these parts under the products 5/10 -year warranty, they don't cover the diagnostic service call or labor to fix the defective parts. The current estimate to cover the service call and labor to fix the defective parts is over $650. Upon searching this site and the overall internet, I have determined that I am not the only person to have this problem (itís actually quite common based on the publicly available information). When I contacted icp, they were not helpful and simply repeated their policy that the diagnostic service call and labor were not covered by the product warranty. Based on my experience, I believe that ICPs products are sub par quality if not simply defective. I do not recommend that you purchase any International Comfort Products (icp) product due to the use of low- quality parts and the organization's refusal to cover the cost of labor to replace defective parts. HVAC systems should not fail after a little over 2 years.

Date created: 2016-12-26 Name: G. Stevenson
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

"Heil Furnace"
Had furnace installed in November 2011. So far not one problem, not even a minor one. And other than changing air filter I have done zero maintenance to this furnace. I would not hesitate to purchase another one and would highly recommend this brand.

Date created: 2016-12-04 Name: John Gillespie
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Good"
Had furnace now for 18 months with no maintenance problems. Is a little bit loud due to the vibration on the venting. Keeps the house warm and would buy another one. Highest recommendation I can give.