Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2015-03-27 Name: J. Sobczak
Location: Germantown, WI

"Noisy blower motor"
Purchased 7/16/14, it was installed correctly and checked twice after installation. The blower motor is loud and makes a vibrating sound when it winds down just before it stops. It's loud during the day and with no other noises mixed in it sounds really loud at night. The installer checked it out and said he could change out the motor but said the new one would act the same, referring to one he had at his own home for several years that does the same thing. I wish he would have told me about that before I purchased it, but I guess I am doing the same for other interested parties to know before purchase.

Date created: 2015-02-18 Name: dan
Location: PA

"Do not buy one of these!"
This furnace was installed less than a year ago and has never run more than 3 days at a time. I have spent more than triple the cost of installing it on 4 different very reputable HVAC contractors and none can fix it. All say the problem is with the condensate system but no matter what is done it will not function properly. Heil tech support does not exist and the dealer that sold the unit just says "sorry to hear that, mine works fine". The only option is to replace it to have heat more than 3 days at a time. Thank you for wasting my time and hard earned money, Heil.

Date created: 2015-02-06 Name: Steve Attoe
Location: Wisconsin

"Absolute crap!"
I bought a new furnace and central AC from Heil. It's less than 10 years old and the heat exchanger rivets sheared off! Then I find out the unit has a recall - warranty? But Heil would not stand behind it because I did not have the company that installed it service it every year! What a bunch of bull. What was paying them $100 every year to "clean and inspect it" every year going to do to keep the rivets from shearing off? The bi-ch I talked to from Heil really got a kick out of telling me they were not going to help me because I didn't have it serviced yearly! Never again!

Date created: 2015-01-29 Name: J.Hurd
Location: Conway, SC

"Very noisy"
The unit is very noisy. You cannot sleep in our bedroom because of the loud noise of the unit. I am going to get a new unit and it will not be a Heil. John

Date created: 2014-12-14 Name: L. Meyer
Location: WI

"Great furnace"
We have had our Heil furnace for over 7 years now and not one problem.

Date created: 2014-10-23 Name: Dave Ewan
Location: United States

"Heil won't help with bad installation"
Installed by a licensed installer in January, 2013. Short cycling & producing soot. The installer says it's okay. A different licensed heater technician says the ducts are too small. Heil refuses to tell me which is true.

Date created: 2014-09-18 Name: G.S.
Location: Battle Creek, MI

"Lasts a long time!"
Unfortunately, we have found out we need a new furnace after a preseason tune up. This furnace was already installed in our home when we bought it, in 1987. Guessing it is about 30 years old. It is a smaller, modern model. I sure hope we are able to buy a model that is close to this one, there were very little maintenance charges over the years.

Date created: 2014-05-15 Name: mary
Location: 50701

"7 month old piece of junk"
Very loud. Water collects in exhaust pipe so gas leaked and had to call guy. Worst of all within 2 weeks made my sinuses painful and bleed, feels as if a chemical burning my nose. The doors seem to have a coating that smells like band aids which I believe is the cause but no one at manufacturer will talk to me and are not accountable. Booklet says its been found to emit a chemical that causes cancer and I am stuck with it!

Date created: 2014-03-26 Name: Nadia
Location: Schaumburg, illinois

"Heil reviews"
Very loud and it goes on and off constantly all day and it's driving me crazy. I hope I can find a quiet one just like my old one I used to have. I will never ever recommend this one neither I will buy heil brand. I am so tired of the loud air noise coming out of the vents.

Date created: 2014-01-02 Name: J. Woods
Location: Lafayette, IN

"Quite and Efficient"
I'm amazed that people complain about the noise level. Mine is quiet and effective as well.