Consumer Reviews of HTP furnaces

Read more about HTP furnaces

Date created: 2012-09-29 Name: K C
Location: PA

"What a pice of junk"
Munchin 140mlp 05/04 has a bad heat exchanger after 8 years this is bad for the customer. I just went to clean the unit and found the unit spraying water out of the heat exchager. Very poorly built units and I will not put other unit in for a customer.

Date created: 2012-02-28 Name: DCSHAW
Location: BOSTON MA

"Another 1000.00 repair bill today"
It seems like we all have the same complaints.... again, replaced parts today that were replace twice already! Aaaaaggggghhhhhh.... I could have bought a new one with all these repair bills. Seriously.... do not buy this brand! Horrible!!!!!!

Date created: 2012-01-16 Name: Susan
Location: Green Brook, NJ

"Piece of Crap"
This is the worst product on the market. We have had the manufacturer, engineers from the Peerless company and a service person here at least 3 to 4 times a year since we purchased it. I know way too much terminology for this P.O.C. I.E. swirl plate, expansion tanks, ignitor,F1 f9 etc. More than any homeowner should know. It has made bullhorn sounds that have vibrated our neighborhood, it fails every year and we do have it serviced. Today is one of the coldest days of the season and its broken again. No one wants to deal with it anymore, and we know we have to replaced it!!!!! We have spent thousands of dollars on it already. a class action suit should be levied on the Manufacturer of this P.O.C.!!!! If anyone out there in New Jersey knows of a great product to replace this one let us know!!!! Susan Green Brook, NJ

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: rich shoop
Location: river vale nj

"Unfixable"
Plumber pushed this as the best, paid top dollar. Has bee in for 5 1/2 years. had problems with vibrating the whole house for 1st 3 months. paid plumber and advanced hydronics sales rep numerous times to resolve. jan 2010, we were without heat , same problem , plus swirl plate, for 2 weeks. Paid again for repair. This year their reccomended service rep. has been here twice, can't figure it out. coming a third time, at my expense. co. does not return calls.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: h. Johansen
Location: Seattle, WA

"Owner"
This furnace has vibrated and sounded like a London Fog horn since Nelson heating/Everett WA installed. The Company came out and reprogrammed it.. Nelson has worked on it at least 8 times in the past very few years...it works for a while only to return to noise and vibrating... For almost 10,000 dollars it sure seems it ought top function properly

Date created: 2010-07-04 Name: Joe Moran
Location: Western Montana

"Munchkin Owner"
Within 6 months of installation, most of the components had to be replaced. Without sending anyone out to review the installation, the U.S.A. distributor out of Boston, Ma. supplied and paid for the replacement parts, but blamed the installer for the problems and refused to pay the labor costs to install the replacement parts. The labor costs at my expense were over $850. We have had 7 years trouble free service from this furnace until now 6/2010 when it refuses to ignite. We can't find anyone in Western Montana qualified and willing to fix it.

Date created: 2010-01-28 Name: Lori

"Munchkin furnace"
I hate this product!! I am a single mom and don't know what to do. I have for the past few years had this unit serviced due to f9 and f11 errors. The local gas company won't service this product and plumbers charge a small fortune. How many times can a product be serviced before it needs to replaced? I have already replaced a part that cost over 500!

Date created: 2010-01-02 Name: James Tomanelli

"Factory Rep. Install."
Our first unit (140) was purchased with the store more system. When it worked, it supplied hot water for domestic and radiant. The factory rep helped to install as it was a complete system and was utilized as a training tool. The first unit was replaced after countless visits from the installer and factory rep, leaking propane, control board failure and lock outs. This week was the first real issue with the new boiler since it was installed in February 2007. Keeping in mind that it only heats hot water for domestic from April-November. The problem was a degregated swirl plate. We expect failure each time the weather turns cold. I am heading out to check the exhaust for separation from intake. I would not recommend this system to anyone and am trying to figure out how best to cut my losses. It is frustrating to spend $600-$1,000 each year in repairs and maintenance just to hope for heat.

Date created: 2009-12-26 Name: David Bullock

"Poor Machine"
This machine was described as highly efficient. I heat with lpg and this has been efficient when it runs but I needed to clean the system annually and it needs to be reset frequently. I thought it was highly reliable. It is not and I would recommend that you pass on this brand if you have other options.

Date created: 2009-11-13 Name: d. Fleury

"Munchkin frustration"
In five years we have had over nine service calls. I bought this furnace because we live in northern Michigan and wanted reliability. Now when we leave, a neighbor has to check to keep the house from freezing. About every other month the flame censer and igniter need cleaning. The reset button needs to be manually activated about that often also.