Consumer Reviews of Guardian furnaces

Read more about Guardian furnaces

Date created: 2016-11-29 Name: Chris Lentz
Location: Kansas City, MO

"DO NOT BUY!"
I am a union pipe fitter service technician who sold and installed a RGF1L100CP20MP11A. ( 100,000 btu / 5ton drive, 80percent ). On start up, the furnace was vibrating so badly that it almost jumped off of its base. I removed the blower and found a 3/8" screw lodged in the wheel , which caused the blower to be out of balance. I replaced the wheel and motor with new. I then found that the furnace would intermitantly lock out due to ignition failure. (It will not consistently light the burner). I verified that inlet and outlet gas pressure, and that the gas valve is operating correctly. Tomorrow I will remove the gas manifold and try to reposition burner #1 closer to the ignitor. At this point, I am embarrassed and feel guilty for endorsing and putting my name on this furnace. Tonight before right before bed time I will pray that I won't have any issues with the air conditioner.

Date created: 2016-10-18 Name: Thomas Poe III
Location: Radium Springs, NM

"New furnace install"
My old "Intertherm" furnace was placed in the home at manufacture (1996). This year, it finally gave up the ghost, so to speak. Went online to HomeAdvisor.com and got a list of possible service companies. First one I called was Southwest Climate Control, of Chaparral, New Mexico. Even though Chaparral is miles from my home in Radium Springs, they worked with me and got the job done in good time. Thus far, have only seen the furnace run once (their shakedown run); but it seems to be pushing air with more force than the old furnace. Looks like a good, solid unit.

Date created: 2015-01-07 Name: Bob N.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Very nice furnace"
The unit is five years old and the draft inducer motor bearings are going bad. But the unit is quiet, reliable, and a lot cheaper to run than the old furnace. Would I buy one again? Heck yeah. I'm very happy with the unit. The bearing on the draft inducer motor is to be expected after five years, and the savings with this furnace's running cost has already paid for the furnace, not to mention the initial savings of this furnace compared to others.

Date created: 2014-12-02 Name: Greg Larm
Location: Fort Collins, CO

"Total lemon of a furnace"
We have owned a heating and air company in Fort Collins, Colorado, for twenty years, and have never had an experience with a furnace like this before. We installed the brand new furnace and it did not work. After calling the factory technician, he informed us of the many problems with the Guardian line and thought the furnace we received was one that had not been fixed correctly by the manufacturer. We installed a Goodman furnace and it worked immediately. We returned the furnace to C.D. Jones, and they refused to help us and told us to talk to the factory. I would strongly discourage doing business with C.D. Jones Co. and Guardian furnaces.

Date created: 2014-04-02 Name: J. Bolt
Location: Ennis, MT

"95.5 AFUE Multi-position Residential Furnace"
Our furnace died, we had to leave town and Northern Energy was able to get it installed while we were gone, they did an excellent job and the furnace is much quieter and the heat seems to be so much more even. It hardly runs compared to the old one, and it wasn't that old!

Date created: 2012-10-31 Name: Ted
Location: Chicago, IL.

"Love This Furnace!"
Dollar for dollar this furnace was a great deal. I've had this 95.5% efficient unit for 3 years and my gas bill literally has been cut in half. My installer gave me a free 5 year warranty on labor and 5 year free annual cleaning. By the end of year 5 this unit will have paid for itself in gas savings alone. It's made by York and is a very dependable product.

Date created: 2012-01-21 Name: Linda Bonner
Location: Easton, Wa

"Gas Furnace"
I have owned this unit for just two years. Last year we had to replace a plastic container which collects water. Seems that the unit was defective. Covered under warranty but I had to pay for installation labor and shipping. I'm now waiting for a defective motor that went out due to bad bearings. Now I have to pay for the motor and wait for reimbursement, plus pay for labor and shipping. It is January again and 19 degrees. This unit is a piece of crap. This unit is made by Johnson Controls under the York and Guardian names. Do not buy any of these products.