Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-04-12 Name: Jason Urbanec
Location: Nebraska

"2 stage heat pump 16 Seer"
If your looking for a cheap heat pump, a Goodman is the way to go; because that's exactly what it is. I purchased my unit less than a month ago, and I am having some serious buyer's remorse. I should have stuck with my older Lennox heat pump that was noisy but still working. If you want a heat pump that throws out heat when its 45 degrees outside; I would recommend a better brand. If you need to contact Goodman's customer service; good luck because you half to pay your installer for there time to contact of them. If I could take the unit back and spend a little more money on a good one. I would do it in a heartbeat!!! Take my advice saves yourself some time, a wife upset about a cold house and hard earned money, and get something better.

Date created: 2012-03-18 Name: Garrett F.
Location: Missouri

"Never had a problem"
We have a 2008 Goodman Natural Gas Furnace (80% Efficient, Upflow) and it works fine. We rent the house it's in. Never had a problem since we moved in a year ago. It is matched to a 13 seer (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) 3-Ton Air Conditioner, which works great too. Never had as much as 1 problem with the unit. Thanks Goodman for keeping our house comfortable year round!

Date created: 2012-03-06 Name: Clay Gilliam
Location: [email protected]

"A piece of JUNK!"
I am on my 4th motherboard and my 2nd air conditioner exchange unit in 5 years. I have had to pay labor on all of these repairs which now totals over 1500 dollars! This product just plain sucks!

Date created: 2012-02-19 Name: P. Weller
Location: North Augusta, SC

"Furnace Installation"
My furnace was installed in a mobile home despite clear instructions that it was not supposed to. The installer was a very young man with less than a year's experience and was moonlighting from his daytime job with an established hvac contractor. He was allowed to do this by both me and his employer because he was the son of my daughters boyfriend at the time. I just knew this was going to be a bad experience but I allowed, for family reasons, it to continue. The boy never finished the installation and I, without experience had to finish the running of the flue pipe and then do extensive work on closing in the unit and building a cold air return. I just knew this thing would blow up the minute I turned it on but to my pleasant surprise, it all worked and has been for over 6 years. Any unit that can take the installation abuse this one has and operate trouble free for this long can't be all bad. I've put in a call for help today, it's not igniting but this time it will be checked out by a reputable service provider. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about this conclomeration.

Date created: 2012-02-18 Name: Diane Heiser
Location: Greenville, SC

"Scrap Metal"
Had to have service on this unit every year since we have lived here. This is the second time the heater cores have cracked. Luckily we are all still alive. The house has never been warm and when the furnace is needed the most it is not working. We have had to replace blower motors, capacitor, control board, gas regulator valve, heater cores and numerous other parts. Goodman should be ashamed to market this product.

Date created: 2012-01-05 Name: Ed Kline
Location: Asbury Park, NJ

"Would not buy again"
I have owned this furnace for 5 1/2 years. This week it failed to produce any heat. The repairman said it had gradually been failing and we have been throwing our money because the unit would just not produce sufficient heat. After initially spending thousands on the complete unit -- the repairs came to $1300. The blower motor and the water pump had to be replaced. the water leaked out of the receptacle and rusted the unit. It was mentioned that this was rather unusual for a relatively new, expensive unit. The company will not stand behind the unit and pay for the parts - the warranty is flimsy. If the company can't produce a longer lasting product - don't do business with them.

Date created: 2012-01-04 Name: James and Jackie Luttrell
Location: albany OR

"Amana furnace"
I am submitting this review because in my opinion we have a faulty furnace that we have had to repair twice in four years already. The main board has went out 2 different times. Once two years after we bought our brand new home, and again the week of Christmas 2011. The second board was just recently replaced. In my opinion a furnace in a brand new house should at least last 15 years and I feel the manufacturer should replace it because something is faulty continually making the part to go out.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Name: allen, l
Location: south lebanon ohio

"Never will buy another Goodman.."
I have had nothing but trouble out of this unit. I have replaced the draft induce and now the thing wont shut off because of the flame sensor.... Piece of junk. I had an old furnace but thought this would be better. My house is freezing. The heat is not as hot and never gets comfortable.

Date created: 2011-11-30 Name: jack ziegler
Location: Boise Id. 83709

"Goodman is the biggest piece of #%&*! ever made."
I was told how much money I would save by replacing my old furnace,guess what, it didn't work that way. My old furnace had been in there for over 15 years with no problems, Once the goodman was installed, nothing but problems. After they replaces switches and cleaned everything last year and told me that everything was good,it lasted maybe a month and then quit working again. I have had techs out at least 6 times every winter. We finally finished the winter last year heating the whole house with 2 small electris space heaters because I couldn't afford to keep paying for all the repairs. We will probably have to go all winter this year with the same 2 small heaters,unless I can find a good used wood stove. If I had the money I would buy one of those infrared electric heaters, They have all good reviews and supposed to be econimical. But Goodman is the biggest piece of junk made. I also notice most of the good reviews are written by installers and contractors, (that couldn't be because they make so much money on repairs could it?) One person wanted to file a class action suit and they can count me in. If they still had my old furnace I would install it back in there in a minute.

Date created: 2011-11-26 Location: TACOMA, WA.

"REVIEW OF MY FORCED AIR FURNACE"
I have owned the furnace for one year or so. I like the fact that it is new, clean and fits well into the opening in my pantry section of my laundry room area, and easy to remove the filters when they get dirty.all I have to do is unclip two little clips on the side of the box, reach in and grab the two filters that are in the inside, and pull them out of the whole that they are in. I can easily get the replacement filters over at the local home depot if I need to replace them. I replace the filters in this furnace about ounce every two months or so. I don't like the fact that it is a energy hog. it really makes my meter race when it is turned on. it is not energy eficient. I have not had to do any repairs to it yet as it is still around a year old. I would never buy this furnace again as it takes to much money to run. I would not reccommend this furnace to anyone as it cost to much to opporate.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>