Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-01-18 Name: Paul
Location: Denver CO

"Looks like it's hit or miss. I'm a MISS"
I have two Goodman furnaces; one in my primary house and one in a carriage house. Installed in 2004; new construction. Not satisfied at all. Each has gone through a blower motor, the first one about 4 years after install. One repair guy said Goodman's are junk; the other thought they were great so it really seems to be hit or miss. The control board also had to be replaced in the main furnace. And I have a Goodman ac; last summmer (I know it was extremely hot) but basically most major components on the ac unit had to be replaced; blower motor, compressor motor, some other parts. Not good at all.

Date created: 2013-01-05 Name: Mike

"7 years trouble free"
I just sold my house with a 7 year old Goodman. It never gave me any trouble. I am now checking into getting a new one installed into my new house.

Date created: 2013-01-04 Name: DON SIGLER
Location: brighton,mi

"WHERES THE BEEF (NONE HERE)"
Have a 2 year old Amana (Goodman) high efficiency furnace, have not had a bit of trouble to date. Also have 10 year old Goodman central a/c no trouble there either. Can't beef if there is nothing to beef about.

Date created: 2012-12-15 Name: Eddy Cornelison
Location: Columbus, OH

"Complete Garbage"
This thing breaks nearly once every year no joke. If I had the money this thing would have been on the curb years ago. It's the biggest piece of junk and I have absolutely nothing good to say about it. "Very unsatisfied" doesn't even begin to describe how unreliable this thing is. The only thing worse is their customer service when you call. They tried to talk me through fixing it but their repairman couldn't have been more rude or unhelpful. Oh but they can send someone out which I'm sure costs a bunch. I'll never ever buy a house or live anywhere with this piece of junk in it.

Date created: 2012-12-01 Name: Robin barbaria
Location: Staten Island

"Just a piece of crap!!!"
It is the worst piece of crap ever. Had it five years the first year ok but every year after that it had to be fixed, every year it was broke. My mother had a furnace for over 40 years with very little maintenance and as far as I know it still works for the new owners. Goodman is a furnace that I would never buy again! I would get a wood burning stove first.... Would never recommend it to anyone!!!!

Date created: 2012-11-04 Name: Mark F
Location: Longmeadow, MA

"So far so good"
I have combination AC/Heat Pump and Gas Furnace solution for my 1943 brick colonial in New England. This is my second heating season with the Goodman system. My payback on system is about 3.5 years, we had an old coal converted to oil system before. We are very satisfied with the system from a performance and cost savings perspective, our heating and electric bills have been cut by 70% percent [you read it right]. The single downside so far is that the heat pumps can be a little loud when they first start up so I suggest to be careful where they are placed. There has been so needed repair so far but its only been one and a half heating seasons so I would not expect to have repairs yet.

Date created: 2012-10-29 Name: David Greer
Location: Detroit, Mi

"Electrician"
Without doubt absolutely the worst blower motor I've seen In thirty years. a cheap chinese motor, junk. This furnace is five years old, and the bearings are shot.

Date created: 2012-10-28 Name: Al Montgomery
Location: Buffalo N.Y

"If you like headaches"
If you like working on furnaces this is the one I would recommend this piece of shit has been nothing but a problems. We replaced our old one when we added central air, we thought we would be all set and not have to worry about it wrong ! the draft motor went bad now the blower fan is blown apart years of worry free service has turned into I wonder if we'll have heat tomorrow !

Date created: 2012-07-07 Name: S Kirk
Location: New Jersey

"15 years and still ticking"
Like the old Timex watch commercials, "takes a lickin' and keeps on ticken'". Had this Goodman 80,000 btu, 3-ton blower furnace installed in 1997 for just over $900 and it's still going strong. Over the years it has needed one replacement circuit board and one igniter, both covered under warranty ($60 for service call), so I really can't complain. Heat exchanger is still fine (not cracked) and it warms my 2500 sq ft house very well, tho' my gas bill gets very high. Last Summer, I installed a 3-ton York A/C compressor and coil which has already needed 3 service calls, so I think that equipment manufactured today is of lower quality than the older stuff was (components now manufactured in Asia). When the time comes to replace this furnace I'm going with Goodman again, hoping their quality has not deteriorated as much as some of the other brands.

Date created: 2012-05-29 Name: Scott M. M.
Location: St. Louis MO

"No Problems"
I have had my Goodman gas furnace and a/c unit for one year now and I have no complaints. Heats and cools my house very well. I received my usage statement from my electric company (Ameren ue) and my usage went down by 30% and that was just for half a years use (Jun. to Dec.) My unit was installed on the side by hvac installers that also install Lennox and other name brands. They said that all brands break down and that they have not noticed that Goodman break down any more or less than the expensive name brands. My Aunt has also had a Goodman unit for 5 years and loves it, and my sister-in-law has one too with no problems! My brother had a Rudd installed at the same time I did and it does not cool his house well and it broke down already. Of course his installer trashed Goodman, but who has had the problems? Not me!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>