Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-05-06 Name: Mark Waxman
Location: Hamilton, ON

"Greatman"
Hands down best value for money. These guys have everything the big brands offer for less. I first got to know them through my parents who had some tech guy recommend it to them. I must say I was skeptic at first but in the last 5 years my parents have only changed the filters.

Date created: 2013-04-23 Name: Gary Wells
Location: Sandpoint, ID

"Goodman furnace is junk."
This Goodman furnace was installed in spring 2004. It worked well for a few months until the summer arrived. It started up ok in the fall and ran well for 4-6 weeks. Then the troubles started. I replaced the circuit board, which Goodman did not cover, and it ran well for a few weeks. Then it was one thing after another. The furnace is 9 yrs old and I only had 4 yrs of satisfaction (5 yrs of frustration). It runs, and then stops. Sometimes it will shut down completely, no red led, and no explanation in the manual. I had a Lenox furnace previously and it ran for 30+ yrs without any problems, except if was not very efficient. Don't buy a Goodman furnace. If you have had a good luck with them, youíre the lucky ones. Also try to contact Goodman about your problems, it doesn't exist. That's why I'm here. No support, piece of junk.

Date created: 2013-04-15 Name: L. Johnson
Location: Newport, WA

"Goodman not too good"
We had this house built 6 years ago and the contractor had a Goodman heating and cooling system installed. Recently the Goodman furnace stopped working. 40 years ago I used to install heating and cooling systems. This thing is very poorly built. It is made just past warranty of course. I expected 20 years or more of no furnace problems. This is the first and last Goodman I will ever have.

Date created: 2013-03-17 Name: Greg
Location: Saint John IN

"Freedom"
Replaced a Lennox furnace in my mother in laws condo with a Goodman. Lennox was crap, every bad snowstorm or cold snap that dang thing would crap out and I would have to trek out there (1/2 hr ride) in the crap weather and try to get it rolling again for heat, bad igniters, blowers draft motor ect. Put the Goodman in 6 yrs ago and still no calls about no heat at 2 in the morning. Very happy.

Date created: 2013-02-10 Name: Van
Location: Minneapolis

"My third house and my third goodman"
I am currently having my third house built, and will be having a Goodman installed. My last two houses had goodmans when I bought them and were completely trouble free.

Date created: 2013-02-05 Name: john doe
Location: clare michigan

"Big waste of money goodman furnace"
I bought a new Goodman furnace thinking it would be problem free. Boy was I wrong; first the inducer motor goes out 145.00. Next a limit switch then wires starting breaking at the plugs thatís fun to figure out at midnight on a Saturday then a limit switch again I would not recommend a Goodman.

Date created: 2013-02-02 Name: Caroline
Location: Pennsylvania

"10 years and replacing the Goodman"
Ten years ago my husband and I decided to replace our 30+ year old furnace because our gas bills were huge. We decided on the better Goodman (92% energy star). Our gas bills were cut in half. We were very happy. Then, within the five year warranty, the motor went bad. It was replaced with the cage at no charge. Here we are five years later. The motor went again, but this time we weren't home when it happened. The motor came loose cracked the plate and heat exchanger, and bent the cage. The repair man said to repair all that will be half the price of a new furnace. So we are getting rid of the Goodman and replacing it with a Ducane which our Heating and ac guy recommends. While looking for reviews on the Ducane I found this has been a common complaint with the Goodman. The motor needs to be replaced about every five years. There are so many different furnaces out there. I would think twice before buying a Goodman.

Date created: 2013-01-30 Name: Mark
Location: billings

"No problems"
5 years and still going strong

Date created: 2013-01-27 Name: vmh
Location: Baker city, OR

"Goodman nightmare"
As a contractor I have worked with almost all furnaces in the market, the worst I have ever seen is Goodman. I am happy for all you guys that have had good experiences... The reality is some have terrible issues that are not installation issues but product problems ex) bad inducer motor from factory. Now because Goodman is used to having problems they usually have good tech support and will warranty your product with little to no questions asked... It's a risk and for those of you willing to risk it cause you see the dollar signs all I can say is: good luck.

Date created: 2013-01-19 Name: brwe

"HVAC tech says NO to Goodman"
I'm an hvac tech. Been doing it about 10 years. I no longer sell, service, or install any Goodman product due to poor quality. Too many call backs from unhappy customers and no support from the manufacturer. They are garbage. Blower motors, draft motors, control boards, and everything else has been replaced in the majority of Goodmans I've seen. You get what you pay for; in this case, you get the worst chinese crap I've ever dealt with.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>