Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-04-12 Name: Jason Urbanec
Location: Nebraska

"2 stage heat pump 16 Seer"
If your looking for a cheap heat pump, a Goodman is the way to go; because that's exactly what it is. I purchased my unit less than a month ago, and I am having some serious buyer's remorse. I should have stuck with my older Lennox heat pump that was noisy but still working. If you want a heat pump that throws out heat when its 45 degrees outside; I would recommend a better brand. If you need to contact Goodman's customer service; good luck because you half to pay your installer for there time to contact of them. If I could take the unit back and spend a little more money on a good one. I would do it in a heartbeat!!! Take my advice saves yourself some time, a wife upset about a cold house and hard earned money, and get something better.

Date created: 2012-04-11 Name: Dan Keith
Location: Joliet, Il

"No Problems Ever"
I bought this furnace and ac and was installed by a extremely competent technician. I opted to get the variable speed fan for extra electrical savings. I have not been disappointed with my purchase and would buy another Goodman. My gas bills have dropped by about 1/3 they were before and my house stays warm in winter and cool in summer.

Date created: 2012-03-18 Name: Garrett F.
Location: Missouri

"Never had a problem"
We have a 2008 Goodman Natural Gas Furnace (80% Efficient, Upflow) and it works fine. We rent the house it's in. Never had a problem since we moved in a year ago. It is matched to a 13 seer (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) 3-Ton Air Conditioner, which works great too. Never had as much as 1 problem with the unit. Thanks Goodman for keeping our house comfortable year round!

Date created: 2012-03-06 Name: Clay Gilliam
Location: cgilliam@carolina.rr.com

"A piece of JUNK!"
I am on my 4th motherboard and my 2nd air conditioner exchange unit in 5 years. I have had to pay labor on all of these repairs which now totals over 1500 dollars! This product just plain sucks!

Date created: 2012-02-19 Name: P. Weller
Location: North Augusta, SC

"Furnace Installation"
My furnace was installed in a mobile home despite clear instructions that it was not supposed to. The installer was a very young man with less than a year's experience and was moonlighting from his daytime job with an established hvac contractor. He was allowed to do this by both me and his employer because he was the son of my daughters boyfriend at the time. I just knew this was going to be a bad experience but I allowed, for family reasons, it to continue. The boy never finished the installation and I, without experience had to finish the running of the flue pipe and then do extensive work on closing in the unit and building a cold air return. I just knew this thing would blow up the minute I turned it on but to my pleasant surprise, it all worked and has been for over 6 years. Any unit that can take the installation abuse this one has and operate trouble free for this long can't be all bad. I've put in a call for help today, it's not igniting but this time it will be checked out by a reputable service provider. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about this conclomeration.

Date created: 2012-02-18 Name: Diane Heiser
Location: Greenville, SC

"Scrap Metal"
Had to have service on this unit every year since we have lived here. This is the second time the heater cores have cracked. Luckily we are all still alive. The house has never been warm and when the furnace is needed the most it is not working. We have had to replace blower motors, capacitor, control board, gas regulator valve, heater cores and numerous other parts. Goodman should be ashamed to market this product.

Date created: 2012-02-16 Name: M. Turner
Location: Spokane WA

"What a joke"
We have had nothing but trouble since this was installed. Now for the second winter in a row it's not heating the house, and the fan won't work when the thermostat is set on "auto". When it does blow it's cold air-our house temp is a balmy 59.

Date created: 2012-01-05 Name: Ed Kline
Location: Asbury Park, NJ

"Would not buy again"
I have owned this furnace for 5 1/2 years. This week it failed to produce any heat. The repairman said it had gradually been failing and we have been throwing our money because the unit would just not produce sufficient heat. After initially spending thousands on the complete unit -- the repairs came to $1300. The blower motor and the water pump had to be replaced. the water leaked out of the receptacle and rusted the unit. It was mentioned that this was rather unusual for a relatively new, expensive unit. The company will not stand behind the unit and pay for the parts - the warranty is flimsy. If the company can't produce a longer lasting product - don't do business with them.

Date created: 2012-01-04 Name: James and Jackie Luttrell
Location: albany OR

"Amana furnace"
I am submitting this review because in my opinion we have a faulty furnace that we have had to repair twice in four years already. The main board has went out 2 different times. Once two years after we bought our brand new home, and again the week of Christmas 2011. The second board was just recently replaced. In my opinion a furnace in a brand new house should at least last 15 years and I feel the manufacturer should replace it because something is faulty continually making the part to go out.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Name: allen, l
Location: south lebanon ohio

"Never will buy another Goodman.."
I have had nothing but trouble out of this unit. I have replaced the draft induce and now the thing wont shut off because of the flame sensor.... Piece of junk. I had an old furnace but thought this would be better. My house is freezing. The heat is not as hot and never gets comfortable.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>