Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-01-13 Name: Rick
Location: dayton, wy

"Goodman Furnace"
I put in a Goodman furnace in 2009, new construction. I've had a computer board replaced and the igniter. Talking with the installer they are having issues on most Goodman installs. Don't go with Goodman.

Date created: 2014-01-13 Name: C.Baca
Location: SLC, UT

"What a piece of junk"
This furnace is complete junk. It is a replacement of the original furnace that has been in the house since the 70'S. Works when it wants to, shuts off when it wants to, and will blow cold air at random times. We will never buy this brand again. HVAC guy said it was the best. Will stick with something else when we replace. Will never recommend to anyone

Date created: 2013-11-12 Name: Jack S.
Location: Missouri

"Goodman Furnace is Junk"
My house was remodeled when I bought in 2005 and they put in a new Goodman furnace. I have had nothing but problems with this unit. Their warranty sucks. It doesn't cover anything you need to fix. The pressure switch has been replaced 4 times. It blows circuit boards every 3-4 months and causes me nothing but headaches. I made the decision today to have it replaced with a quality brand that will last 20 or more years like a furnace should. Goodman = junk!

Date created: 2013-11-09 Name: J Owens
Location: Red House, WV

"Wakes the Dead"
Bought this thing because it was recommended by the HVAC guy. Replaced a Heil that was 20 years old and rusting out (it is in the garage under the house). I can see why the HVAC guys like it, at least two or three service calls a year for one thing or another. It is extremely noisy when starting up, my 60 gallon air compressor is quieter. It works good when it works but the uncertainty, undependability and noise make it a bad choice. Plus apparently, nothing is covered in the warranty that was represented as the best in the business. When I need another, I will stick with a name brand that has a better reputation and more economical to run.

Date created: 2013-11-07 Name: Jill
Location: Wa state

"Zero For Satisfaction"
Smells like plastic burning. Three different heating companies checked it. Nothing can be done to fix it. The ignition from gas inside the metal pipes causing to heat up the pipe and the smell. It is making me sick. My throat, eyes, sinus, burn when unit kicks into aux mode, high heat. Need help, what to do?

Date created: 2013-10-07 Name: Rob K
Location: Flint MI

"Goodman Furnace Lasted Me About 3 Months"
My letter to Goodman 6 months after installing their product. Your product is absolute junk! I have had mine since spring and it rattles the whole darn house. I registered it and was told when I called that the warranty was not valid because the unit was an internet purchase from wherever my installer received the unit. He, being a man of integrity, came out and inspected the furnace and ended up taking the blower motor out and taking back to his supplier and swapped the part out for me at no charge. However, the problem is better but still rattling the house. I am talking severe vibration and noise! When he brought the unit to the house, it was all in the brand new packaging. I helped him unpack it. So as far as I am concerned, your excuse for not covering my brand new Goodman furnace is just a way to avoid dealing with all the issues your defective furnaces have. It is complete junk and I am going to write a review on every major site out there, in hopes of aiding the public in saving their hard earned money and precious time dealing with you!

Date created: 2013-05-06 Name: Mark Waxman
Location: Hamilton, ON

"Greatman"
Hands down best value for money. These guys have everything the big brands offer for less. I first got to know them through my parents who had some tech guy recommend it to them. I must say I was skeptic at first but in the last 5 years my parents have only changed the filters.

Date created: 2013-04-23 Name: Gary Wells
Location: Sandpoint, ID

"Goodman furnace is junk."
This Goodman furnace was installed in spring 2004. It worked well for a few months until the summer arrived. It started up ok in the fall and ran well for 4-6 weeks. Then the troubles started. I replaced the circuit board, which Goodman did not cover, and it ran well for a few weeks. Then it was one thing after another. The furnace is 9 yrs old and I only had 4 yrs of satisfaction (5 yrs of frustration). It runs, and then stops. Sometimes it will shut down completely, no red led, and no explanation in the manual. I had a Lenox furnace previously and it ran for 30+ yrs without any problems, except if was not very efficient. Don't buy a Goodman furnace. If you have had a good luck with them, you’re the lucky ones. Also try to contact Goodman about your problems, it doesn't exist. That's why I'm here. No support, piece of junk.

Date created: 2013-04-15 Name: L. Johnson
Location: Newport, WA

"Goodman not too good"
We had this house built 6 years ago and the contractor had a Goodman heating and cooling system installed. Recently the Goodman furnace stopped working. 40 years ago I used to install heating and cooling systems. This thing is very poorly built. It is made just past warranty of course. I expected 20 years or more of no furnace problems. This is the first and last Goodman I will ever have.

Date created: 2013-03-17 Name: Greg
Location: Saint John IN

"Freedom"
Replaced a Lennox furnace in my mother in laws condo with a Goodman. Lennox was crap, every bad snowstorm or cold snap that dang thing would crap out and I would have to trek out there (1/2 hr ride) in the crap weather and try to get it rolling again for heat, bad igniters, blowers draft motor ect. Put the Goodman in 6 yrs ago and still no calls about no heat at 2 in the morning. Very happy.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>