Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-10-16 Name: Rich
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

"Two C02 leaks in 1 year!"
The fire department just left our home after we called them due to 2 of our C02 monitors going off. Upon entering our home, they tested for leaks and immediately found that there is, in fact, a leak coming from the Goodman furnace we purchased 1 year ago. This, after another alarm which went off 9 months ago which prompted the gas man we called to ask us how the hell we are still alive. Whatever you do, for the health and safety of your loved ones, do not buy from this company!

Date created: 2014-10-03 Name: D. Lombardo
Location: Grayslake, IL

"Installers"
We are Goodman and Trane dealers in northern Illinois. We see no difference in the amount of warranty calls between the two brands. We have minimal amounts. It is a fact that most of the warranty calls are generated by poor installation practices. What never ceases to amaze me are the misunderstandings related to what is covered and what is not covered under the factory warranty (usually just parts), and then where the dealer's warranty starts and ends and what that covers. So again, that falls to the dealer's responsibility to clarify so that there will be no misunderstandings. Unfortunately, most dealers are not rocket scientists. I came to that conclusion by reading the responses that most dealers, and even the complainers, have written. Most cannot spell, but yet you are hiring these people to install these intricate pieces of equipment in your home that you work so hard to pay for? My advice to everyone reading this is to do research on the dealer that you are considering, and do more research on the dealer than on the equipment. No manufacturer wants to build junk. They don't! It becomes junk, though, when some cheap "contractor", side jobber, or buddy installs it in your home. Goodman and Trane build good units. It is the untrained people out in the field that call themselves experts that are causing 99% of the bad reviews. Pick a contractor that has no spelling errors in his bid to you. Pick a contractor that "spells" out where the manufacturers warranty starts and ends, and where his starts and ends. Pick a contractor that writes down all he will do for you and how he is going to do it. Pick a contractor that has credentials other than a cheap price. In this business, nothing is more true than the age old-adage "You get what you pay for."

Date created: 2014-09-14 Name: bob
Location: Eugene, OR

"Upside down, still working great"
Couldn't afford to have someone install a furnace but had to heat the house. I bought a Goodman online, it cost less than half what the dealer wanted but I bought an updraft instead of a downdraft, high efficiency afue 92.1. Modified and installed upside down, 3 years later it is still working great without any issues.

Date created: 2014-09-13 Name: Steve Sorenson
Location: Wisconsin

"I've installed over 480 Goodman furnaces with almost no problems."
My companies have installed over 480 Goodman furnaces in the last 10 years with almost zero, yes zero, problems. A lot of problems come from bad installations or installing in bad environments. Example: not reducing the moisture in excessively wet basements. Yes, occasionally an electronic part goes bad on any brand. And beware: some furnace companies write bad reviews as a homeowner to discredit Goodman because they want you to buy the expensive, well-known brands. Amana is a great brand, right? It is a Goodman furnace with an Amana sticker.

Date created: 2014-09-11 Name: D. Frank
Location: Madison, WI

"What a piece of s#!+"
95% efficiency really means it's broken at least 5% of the time. Unit is 3.5 years old. Have had to have costly repairs on it 4 times in the last 6 months (coil, main motor, induction motor, and not sure what now that it's broken again). Do not buy Goodman equipment!

Date created: 2014-09-09 Name: Glenda Deering
Location: Catlettsburg, KY

"Best for the price"
I am ready to replace my Goodman furnace this fall. I have had this Goodman unit since 1994. It was installed by Sears. We bought the furnace and air conditioner in June of 1994, 30 years ago. We have been really pleased with the performance of both units. Each unit has only been serviced twice, with minor infractions. The air and furnace operate quietly. We also change our air filters in a timely manner, which I believe is critical for good performance. My only concern is that we will be that fortunate this time around. I will be replacing it with a Goodman unit this time also. We are seniors so we watch the dollar.

Date created: 2014-07-21 Name: B. Ash
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN

"WARRANTY NOT HONORED"
One of the reasons for buying this product was the "10-Year" warranty. However, I found out later the warranty was only for 5 years. I had an issue with the blower and circuit board. When I contacted customer service, the representative said I had a 5 year warranty. Apparently, the buyer is responsible for registering the product via a phone call. After registering the product, you get an additional 5 years. The wife and I wasn't informed of any phone call requirement. I have the receipts of purchase but that's not enough. Even the installer has my contract on file. BUYER BEWARE...the ethical standards (in relation to the warranty) for this company is questionable. They use the "10 year" warranty" as a marketing tool and have no intentions of honoring it. The next unit won't be a Goodman . You are only going to get a 5 year warranty anyways.

Date created: 2014-07-20 Name: mike
Location: st catharines

"More than happy"
Had one installed 3 years ago in my rental unit I own . No problems so far . Got ac and furnace unit for my house with the dc variable motor and highest efficiency system. Runs great and had a great contractor install it . they cost more but took all day to install the system and came back after Christmas to work on ac . Also they came back in spring to check fluid pressures in ac . Yes it does make a difference if you have a good contractor to install any system . My neighbor spent 10000 on a trane system and a lot of the parts that I can see are the same as my system [ mine cost 7000 with a10yr parts and labour warranty]. [All electronic parts are made off shore for most all systems]

Date created: 2014-07-11 Name: christie
Location: New Lisbon,WI

"Furnace melted pan under coil one year old"
This furnace was installed a year ago and has been leaking since installation, now big puddle on floor under the furnace. The company wants to replace the melted pan under the coil and not the entire furnace. Probably rusted. Bad Furnace don't buy one. Is only year old and company won't stand behind it. What happens if the coil melts the pan again? Fire??????

Date created: 2014-04-12 Name: e wares
Location: niles, michigan

"Goodman furnace is junk!"
I can't even get a year's use before it has to be serviced at $90.00 a service call! They haven't replaced a part yet because I have a 5 year parts warranty. They don't tell you about the expensive service call for the same problem. It's junk junk junk!!!!!!!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>