Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-02-05 Name: john doe
Location: clare michigan

"Big waste of money goodman furnace"
I bought a new Goodman furnace thinking it would be problem free. Boy was I wrong; first the inducer motor goes out 145.00. Next a limit switch then wires starting breaking at the plugs thatís fun to figure out at midnight on a Saturday then a limit switch again I would not recommend a Goodman.

Date created: 2013-02-02 Name: Caroline
Location: Pennsylvania

"10 years and replacing the Goodman"
Ten years ago my husband and I decided to replace our 30+ year old furnace because our gas bills were huge. We decided on the better Goodman (92% energy star). Our gas bills were cut in half. We were very happy. Then, within the five year warranty, the motor went bad. It was replaced with the cage at no charge. Here we are five years later. The motor went again, but this time we weren't home when it happened. The motor came loose cracked the plate and heat exchanger, and bent the cage. The repair man said to repair all that will be half the price of a new furnace. So we are getting rid of the Goodman and replacing it with a Ducane which our Heating and ac guy recommends. While looking for reviews on the Ducane I found this has been a common complaint with the Goodman. The motor needs to be replaced about every five years. There are so many different furnaces out there. I would think twice before buying a Goodman.

Date created: 2013-01-30 Name: Mark
Location: billings

"No problems"
5 years and still going strong

Date created: 2013-01-27 Name: vmh
Location: Baker city, OR

"Goodman nightmare"
As a contractor I have worked with almost all furnaces in the market, the worst I have ever seen is Goodman. I am happy for all you guys that have had good experiences... The reality is some have terrible issues that are not installation issues but product problems ex) bad inducer motor from factory. Now because Goodman is used to having problems they usually have good tech support and will warranty your product with little to no questions asked... It's a risk and for those of you willing to risk it cause you see the dollar signs all I can say is: good luck.

Date created: 2013-01-19 Name: brwe

"HVAC tech says NO to Goodman"
I'm an hvac tech. Been doing it about 10 years. I no longer sell, service, or install any Goodman product due to poor quality. Too many call backs from unhappy customers and no support from the manufacturer. They are garbage. Blower motors, draft motors, control boards, and everything else has been replaced in the majority of Goodmans I've seen. You get what you pay for; in this case, you get the worst chinese crap I've ever dealt with.

Date created: 2013-01-18 Name: Paul
Location: Denver CO

"Looks like it's hit or miss. I'm a MISS"
I have two Goodman furnaces; one in my primary house and one in a carriage house. Installed in 2004; new construction. Not satisfied at all. Each has gone through a blower motor, the first one about 4 years after install. One repair guy said Goodman's are junk; the other thought they were great so it really seems to be hit or miss. The control board also had to be replaced in the main furnace. And I have a Goodman ac; last summmer (I know it was extremely hot) but basically most major components on the ac unit had to be replaced; blower motor, compressor motor, some other parts. Not good at all.

Date created: 2013-01-05 Name: Mike

"7 years trouble free"
I just sold my house with a 7 year old Goodman. It never gave me any trouble. I am now checking into getting a new one installed into my new house.

Date created: 2013-01-04 Name: DON SIGLER
Location: brighton,mi

"WHERES THE BEEF (NONE HERE)"
Have a 2 year old Amana (Goodman) high efficiency furnace, have not had a bit of trouble to date. Also have 10 year old Goodman central a/c no trouble there either. Can't beef if there is nothing to beef about.

Date created: 2012-12-15 Name: Eddy Cornelison
Location: Columbus, OH

"Complete Garbage"
This thing breaks nearly once every year no joke. If I had the money this thing would have been on the curb years ago. It's the biggest piece of junk and I have absolutely nothing good to say about it. "Very unsatisfied" doesn't even begin to describe how unreliable this thing is. The only thing worse is their customer service when you call. They tried to talk me through fixing it but their repairman couldn't have been more rude or unhelpful. Oh but they can send someone out which I'm sure costs a bunch. I'll never ever buy a house or live anywhere with this piece of junk in it.

Date created: 2012-12-01 Name: Robin barbaria
Location: Staten Island

"Just a piece of crap!!!"
It is the worst piece of crap ever. Had it five years the first year ok but every year after that it had to be fixed, every year it was broke. My mother had a furnace for over 40 years with very little maintenance and as far as I know it still works for the new owners. Goodman is a furnace that I would never buy again! I would get a wood burning stove first.... Would never recommend it to anyone!!!!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>