Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-12-21 Name: Janet Larner
Location: United States

"Do not purchase a Goodman"
Same experience as the very dissatisfied writer of 12/10/14. I'm at my wit's end with this pos. The motherboard was replaced a few days ago for an ongoing problem from the time we purchased it in 2011. The problem is finally solved. In the few days since the repair, there's a new problem - no heat until it decides to work. Never again!

Date created: 2014-12-10 Name: lisa Hindman
Location: Gladwin, MI

"Doesn't matter which one I have because they all suck"
This is the worst company and the worst furnace ever! I have had problems from day one! For 7 years now, every year, we have to call and have the blower motor, the mother board or the gas valve fixed! Every year! Our furnace guy was just here a month ago trying to fix it again and he went through 4 gas valves before the last one finally worked, and for only a month! Now it's starting to act up again! Wtf Goodman, you suck! Fix your problems! I can't believe you're still in business!

Date created: 2014-11-29 Name: Catherine Tran
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Worst unit ever"
In April of 2010, we purchased a Goodman furnace/AC unit. It has never worked properly from day one. In January of 2012 there was no Freon (supposedly the technician said someone must have stolen it!) He had to return twice before discovering holes, resulting in over $1400 in repairs in one year. Goodman and the installer/seller won't do anything about this. Now, in 2014 there is again no Freon. What a rip off. Goodman replied, "Too bad". Unfortunately, we are Canadians trying to deal long-distance with an American company and repair people. Let's hope the new repair company can at least repair for good this rotten piece of s**t.

Date created: 2014-11-05 Name: Chuck
Location: Indiana

"Great product when installed correctly and serviced"
I have been a heating and cooling contractor for 30 years and have installed and serviced all brand of furnaces. I have found that, more often than not, the problems that most people have with their furnace is either due to a poor installation or not having them serviced - mainly, replacing filters in a timely manner. Then, when the customer starts having problems, all of a sudden they say it's a piece of junk. Many of the parts on Goodman furnaces are the same as many of the other brands. United Technology makes most of the boards for many other brands, Fasco makes the inducement blower, Robertshaw or Honeywell makes the gas valves, Texas Instruments makes many of the other components. The same with the ignitors. All in all, Goodman furnaces are a very well-built furnace, and I have never had problems with Goodman's customer service or warranty. I have even had parts that were out of warranty still covered weeks, and even a couple of months, after the warranty was over.

Date created: 2014-10-27 Name: Brandon
Location: Texas

"No complaints, except one"
I was a maintenance tech at an apartment complex. I ordered a furnace and condenser unit, and when they arrived, I had to modify the furnace in order to install it (the opening for return air was on the bottom, and I needed it on the back). No big deal. I did the modification to the box so that the unit would pull return air from the bottom as well as the back. In the process of doing so, I noticed that the heat exchanger had sustained significant damage at some point. Now, I know you are thinking that I did it. I was being watched by someone else who can verify that I came nowhere near the exchanger, nor did I use anything that could cause this damage. It appeared that one of the tubes in the heat exchanger had something jammed completely through it at some point. I had to complete the installation, as it was for an elderly couple and the heat was sweltering. I did not hook up the gas, because if I did and they ran it there would be significant chance of CO poisoning. I had my manager contact the supplier, who put her in contact with Goodman, and if I remember correctly everything turned out just fine. I see a lot of negative reviews on here. I have installed numerous Goodman units, including one on a small Mexican restaurant that ran constantly due to the heat load, and I can say this - when installed correctly to ensure no moisture, noncondensables or other impurities are introduced into the line set, when proper voltage, etc. is used, these units work just fine. Goodmans that I installed a couple years ago are still running strong. As for capacitors going bad, that is considered normal wear and tear and they are cheap to replace. I have yet to find one that broke down from poor craftsmanship, and prefer them over all other budget-based AC systems, including Gibson.

Date created: 2014-10-27 Name: April
Location: Hammond, Indiana

"Garbage"
I bought the furnace new, and 1 year later it needed a part. A couple of years later, it got red tagged from the gas and electric company. They said I was lucky my house didn't blow up! A couple of years later, after fixing it, it messed up again! I was told by three different furnace repairmen that this furnace is junk! Do yourself a favor and don't purchase a Goodman furnace!!

Date created: 2014-10-16 Name: Rich
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

"Two C02 leaks in 1 year!"
The fire department just left our home after we called them due to 2 of our C02 monitors going off. Upon entering our home, they tested for leaks and immediately found that there is, in fact, a leak coming from the Goodman furnace we purchased 1 year ago. This, after another alarm which went off 9 months ago which prompted the gas man we called to ask us how the hell we are still alive. Whatever you do, for the health and safety of your loved ones, do not buy from this company!

Date created: 2014-10-03 Name: D. Lombardo
Location: Grayslake, IL

"Installers"
We are Goodman and Trane dealers in northern Illinois. We see no difference in the amount of warranty calls between the two brands. We have minimal amounts. It is a fact that most of the warranty calls are generated by poor installation practices. What never ceases to amaze me are the misunderstandings related to what is covered and what is not covered under the factory warranty (usually just parts), and then where the dealer's warranty starts and ends and what that covers. So again, that falls to the dealer's responsibility to clarify so that there will be no misunderstandings. Unfortunately, most dealers are not rocket scientists. I came to that conclusion by reading the responses that most dealers, and even the complainers, have written. Most cannot spell, but yet you are hiring these people to install these intricate pieces of equipment in your home that you work so hard to pay for? My advice to everyone reading this is to do research on the dealer that you are considering, and do more research on the dealer than on the equipment. No manufacturer wants to build junk. They don't! It becomes junk, though, when some cheap "contractor", side jobber, or buddy installs it in your home. Goodman and Trane build good units. It is the untrained people out in the field that call themselves experts that are causing 99% of the bad reviews. Pick a contractor that has no spelling errors in his bid to you. Pick a contractor that "spells" out where the manufacturers warranty starts and ends, and where his starts and ends. Pick a contractor that writes down all he will do for you and how he is going to do it. Pick a contractor that has credentials other than a cheap price. In this business, nothing is more true than the age old-adage "You get what you pay for."

Date created: 2014-09-14 Name: bob
Location: Eugene, OR

"Upside down, still working great"
Couldn't afford to have someone install a furnace but had to heat the house. I bought a Goodman online, it cost less than half what the dealer wanted but I bought an updraft instead of a downdraft, high efficiency afue 92.1. Modified and installed upside down, 3 years later it is still working great without any issues.

Date created: 2014-09-13 Name: Steve Sorenson
Location: Wisconsin

"I've installed over 480 Goodman furnaces with almost no problems."
My companies have installed over 480 Goodman furnaces in the last 10 years with almost zero, yes zero, problems. A lot of problems come from bad installations or installing in bad environments. Example: not reducing the moisture in excessively wet basements. Yes, occasionally an electronic part goes bad on any brand. And beware: some furnace companies write bad reviews as a homeowner to discredit Goodman because they want you to buy the expensive, well-known brands. Amana is a great brand, right? It is a Goodman furnace with an Amana sticker.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>