Consumer Reviews of Goodman furnaces

Read more about Goodman furnaces

Date created: 2008-02-20 Name: Bryan Price
Location: Homewood, Alabama

I had a 3 1/2 ton air conditioner gas pack combo installed 10 years ago and have had no trouble. Great unit @ a great price.

Date created: 2008-02-12 Name: Lu
Location: Cincinnati, OH

We just had a 95% efficient variable speed furnace installed in the dead of the winter and it has not kept the upstairs and downstairs at a more even temperature, we don't have to set the thermastat as high to maintain a comfortable temperature.
Date created: 2008-01-30 Name: Rich Wright
Location: Waukesha, WI

Every year I have to replace the pressure switches, They dont last.
Date created: 2008-01-26 Name: Marsha Williamson
Location: Monument, CO.

We have a 5 year old Goodman 2-stage GMH model and it has performed flawlessly ever since it was installed. It's very quiet and provides very even heating thoughout the home. We are very pleased with this furnace.
Date created: 2008-01-26 Name: Robert Graham
Location: Tijeras, NM

I am having lots of trouble with this 80%AFUE furnamce installed with a 55000/35000 heat pump unit. Apparently the saleman forgot to tell me that at 7100' elevation the heat pump is useless most of the year. Then the themostat they recommended was wireless so the heat pump and furnace don't work in conjunction with each other. We have propane and the furnace has a BTU rating 25000 less with propane or 20%. Now we are forced to have a heating and cooling load test performed on our house because the installer and Goodman have washed their hands of the matter. We have been cold all winter.
Date created: 2008-01-20 Name: J Pilcher
Location: Denver, Co

I had my furnace replaced last year and I have had no problems with the unit. The contractor I chose was professional and did a good job of installing the unit. My house is much warmer now and I have saved on my utility bills. I don't think the Goodman brand is any better or worse than any other furnace brand.
Date created: 2008-01-06 Name: P Johnson
Location: Sioux Falls SD

We built our house in 1996. We have had to replace the electronic board once, the ignitor a total of 7 times. We have had 4 different companies try to figure out why the ignitor keeps going out with no luck. So far in 2008, we have had the ignitor replaced twice. We are now looking at getting a new furnace.
Date created: 2007-12-20 Name: P.M. Apsey
Location: Rockf. Mi

I own 2 hi efficency units. One I put in a speck home produced too much carbon monoxcide to pass inspection. The other in my own home has had a heat exchanger problem. Clogs up with carbon soot causing one burner to be ineffective. Goodman is not a good choice. With all the problems, these furnces probably run at 70-80%, never in the 90% range.
Date created: 2007-11-08 Name: Pammy Hall Miller
Location: new carlisle oh

I had the unit put in new and have had nothing but problems for the 7 years it has been installed I also called the company and they were unwilling to help with this furnace. this is a goodman brand
Date created: 2007-11-02 Name: Duke Anzio
Location: Detroit MI

To many repairs needed for a new furnace, it is not the installer it was the unit