Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-08-28 Name: Saul B.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Works fine"
Installed this myself back in 2000 when local suppliers would still sell to the public and Goodman still used the Janitrol name. Replaced a 60 year old "low boy" furnace. New furnace is probably oversized but works fine. I do hear the air coming out of my registers. Only had one problem and that was a few months into it. A sensor was going off. I found its hose was too long and drooping so condensate was blocking it. I blew the water out, shortened the hose and everything has been fine since.

Date created: 2015-06-23 Location: Columbus, Ohio

"A Goodman Furnance is the best furnance you could ever buy."
I have had this furnace since 2004. What I like about it is that it is very energy efficient. My gas bills are around $70 a month. That's a plus, because I have a 1400 square foot house. It runs very quiet. You hardly know that it is on. Changing the filter is very easy and it's convenient to get to. I thought the price was very comparable to other name brands and it was actually cheaper than the top of the line, but works even better. It did not take too much time to install. Since I've owned the furnace, I have only had one repair to it and that was the AC. Its fan was not turning and when it did turn, it was blowing hot air. Come to find out all I needed was a capacitor. That was a relief. Other than that, I have had no problems. I guess this might be unheard of, but I think you get what you pay for. When you buy cheap you get cheap. I would definitely refer this brand to my family and friends.

Date created: 2015-05-05 Location: Wesson, MS

"Now We Don't dread the winter season approaching"
I bought it in November of 2014. I wish I would have bought one ten years ago. So far I have no dislikes, everything is wonderful. We haven't burned an ounce of propane since we installed it. We could never afford to stay as warm as we would like with propane. It puts out a warm wood-like heat without the inside wood mess. I haven't had any problems out of mine yet and I would definitely recommend it to family or friends.

Date created: 2015-04-13 Location: Bismarck, ND

"Furnace in new construction house"
I recently wrote about our Kenmore water heater, but we just built a house and completed construction in December of 2014. We installed the Goodman 120,000 BTU gas furnace and love it. We have two different "zones," one is the basement level and the second is the first floor. We live in a craftsman style ranch house. Currently our thermostat is set at 65 to conserve heating costs, but the furnace does a great job of heating/cooling areas quickly and quietly. I would recommend this to a friend and can't really say I dislike anything about it other than the initial cost to buy it was a little spendy. Well worth it, in my opinion though. Haven't had any repairs on it (knock on wood), but we have only been utilizing it for 5 months now. I really don't know what more there is to saw about it, it's a good, solid furnace that does exactly what it is supposed to do. Plus, we got a great warranty on it as well.

Date created: 2015-03-25 Name: Rich Bommer
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

"Not a good value"
The warranty is rather poor. The service is poor. Repair is too frequent and very costly. Home insulation is very good but the furnace is not very efficient.

Date created: 2015-03-20 Location: los angeles

"Love this furnace for powerful use."
I've had this furnace in my house since before I even moved in. So the furnace has been in the home for at least 3 years now. I like that it naturally heats up the house quickly and conveniently. Its able to reach all rooms in the house. there are even rooms where there are no vents and it still manages to heat up the area. The furnace is also quite quite as it is being used. Being located right next to my room, it also doesn't over heat and make it too hot for me. I however dislike how it cuts off randomly sometimes and I have to manually relight the burner. I have not had to repair or replace any parts of it, but because I have to manually relight it often I think I may eventually have to. But i would buy it again and recommend it to a friend because it heats up the house so quickly.

Date created: 2015-03-06 Name: LuAnn
Location: Grand Forks ND

"Never again"
I had this installed December 26, 2014, and it has been the worst decision I could have made. The installers/techs have been out several times to "tweak" the thermostat & I don't feel like it is running right yet. The furnace will run for awhile, sometimes it reaches the requested temperature, sometimes it doesn't. It shuts down for a few seconds and the next thing I know something is running again. I also installed a heat pump at the same time. My old furnace worked, the heat pump did not. I totally regret this purchase. I feel I have made a $7,000 mistake. I would never recommend this to anyone, much less a friend.

Date created: 2015-03-02 Name: kevin hickory
Location: United States

"Kicks off a lot"
The furnace will quit blowing hot air. It has done it numerous times and I have had the installer out 3-4 times in 3 years, not including 3 calls on my Goodman ac unit. Just got home from vacation it's out again. UPDATE 3/4/15: 4th time in 2 weeks the furnace is out when we get home. Not real happy here, I definitely got a lemon.

Date created: 2015-02-25 Name: kirk
Location: Colorado

"Terrible furnace!"
Not only is this is the worst, most unreliable, pos furnace, it's the worst product in general I have ever seen. I have lived in my house for 8 years, the house and furnace are 10 years old. The furnace has had as many repairs as it is old. That is unacceptable, especially for an appliance that people rely on to keep warm in the winter! I have had 3 different repairmen through the years. One tried to tell me that Goodmans were pretty good! That was the last time I used him! The people who manufacture junk like this and still sleep at night should be drawn and quartered. I honestly can't believe that this company is still in business. It must feel good to take people's money in exchange for the equivalent of a mediocre boat anchor. You should be ashamed, Goodman; your product is 100% garbage. Word to the wise, people looking for a new furnace - run as far and as fast away from anything Goodman.

Date created: 2015-01-30 Name: Al
Location: Alabama

"Goodman single stage"
I've read many of the reviews about Goodman furnaces and I have to believe I got a good unit. I don't recall the model but it is a single stage 80% afue, 90,000 btu unit installed in 2000. I have the unit serviced twice each year and I've had minor or no problems at all with my furnace. Looking to upgrade due to age and additional room added to my house and I'm heavily considering a Goodman.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>