Consumer Reviews of Goodman furnaces

Read more about Goodman furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-11-05 Name: Sally Burnell
Location: Kent, OH

"Run away, don't buy this furnace!"
I rent a house with a Goodman furnace. Because my landlord lives out of state, I take care of all of the repairs to the place and take it off my rent. The Goodman furnace in this place is a worthless piece of crap. It's less than 10 years old and has broken down four times this year alone, leaving me shivering in this old century home. I'm sick of shelling out overtime charges for service calls (because the damn thing conveniently breaks down on holidays and weekends) and then having to explain to my landlord why I am taking so much off the rent. If you are even considering a Goodman furnace for your home, run, don't walk, away from even thinking about it. They're a worthless piece of s***.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: Troy

"Overall great service"
We had to replace our furnace in 2003. We have had it for almost 13 years and have had one service call because it would not heat our home. The repair was not complicated and was not expensive. Only one service call over 13 years is not bad.
Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Port St. Lucie Fl

"My furnace has been great!"
I have had my furnace ever since we moved into our current location. I love that it is not loud, I have yet to have it fixed. I have not found anything that I don't like about it so far. I would recommend that others buy one because when you are not thinking about your furnace it usually means something is going right! The last thing you want to worry about is the furnace! I know that if I ever move and need to buy a new furnace I am going with a Goodman.
Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Fultondale, Alabama

"Winter Warmth Provider"
The furnace I own is a central gas furnace. I had it installed around twelve years ago to replace the old one that quit working. I am very pleased with the ability of this furnace in keeping my home quite warm in the cold winter months. My home is 2700 square feet, so it is a lot of area to heat. Gas heat works so much better to me than a heat pump or electric furnace and it is also much more economical. I have been fortunate that no repairs have had to be made on it since installation. I was also fortunate in the initial cost of the furnace and installation. The total cost of the furnace and central air unit together including installation was only about $3500. It also included a 3 year warranty. I can set my thermostat on 70 or 72 in the wintertime and it keeps my home nice and comfortable. I hope I don't have to worry about another furnace for a long time but if so, I will purchase the same kind if possible.
Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: York, Pa

"Goodman furnace works great"
We have owned this furnace since we bought our house 4 years ago. I like it because we have not had any problems with it since we moved here and it still works great. It does not take up a lot of space in the basement which is very important and is also pretty quiet compared to some other furnaces I have heard. We have not had to do any maintenance on this furnace. There is really nothing bad that I would say about the furnace other than having to replace the filters every 3 months but you have to do that with any furnace. I would definitely buy a Goodman furnace again as well as recommend the brand to someone that is looking to buy a furnace. I know that it has been in this house for awhile and it still has no problems. I think that it is very reliable and low maintenance .
Date created: 2016-03-24 Name: J k porter
Location: Chicago, IL

"Can't find my filter"
Been great for almost 30 years. I have a GU125-4 and can't find the filter. Any help? Not in the normal places.
Date created: 2016-03-17 Name: MBaldwin
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Awesome"
I have installed Goodman for 10 years now and they built my reputation to what it is today (great). Goodman was junk in the early years after John Goodman bought Janitrol! (We called it Junkatrol). The new designs are superior! I have installed over 700 Goodman products (just me, a small contractor) and my warranty is close to zero! People that have issues probably had an unqualified tech put it in and the install is very important! How many of you that have problems picked the cheapest company you could find?? I will match a Goodman against Carrier crap or Lennox garbage any day! You can ask my 100% satisfied customers what they think of Goodman! I live in Colorado where it is actually cold!!
Date created: 2016-03-03 Name: Nathan
Location: Findlay, OH

"3 years old and junk. Stay away."
So I hired a 30-year-plus person to install a furnace in my house. My furnace is 3 years old and I've replaced the mother board, safety switches, freaking wires, horrible. I spent over $1000 in just service calls. I live in Ohio and I tell you what...junk! I would have it fixed ($180), then 1 month later I'll wake up and my house is 45 degrees again. So I'm calling service again. Junk, junk, junk. Stay away. Buy something else. Waste of money.
Date created: 2016-02-14 Name: tom
Location: Fenton, MI

"Make sure you have a quality company install unit"
I have been a Goodman dealer for four years now and have been in business for 32 years. Along the way I have used several different name brand units and the Goodmans that are available today are outstanding. We are very quality driven on installations so we have zero problems with Goodmans. To the people that are not happy it is sad that your HVAC company installing your units are basically not good at their jobs! These negative reviews are not Goodman's fault, it is your HVAC company. Going back after 5 years I could not give a very good review for Goodman but the products currently offered are by far the best value you can get!
Date created: 2016-02-11 Name: Daniel Craig
Location: Merrimack, NH

"Total junk"
I had a high efficiency unit installed 5/30/13. Within 8 months the condensate fan required replacement due to a design flaw. The replacement part looked exactly like the redesigned part. Today, 2/11/16, the unit would not fire. I called for service and was told it was a dirty filter which I have replaced routinely every 3 months since new. I was told that the over-limit switch was toast. $347 dollars later I was told the warranty does not apply. Goodman does not appear to honor the warranty, despite still being within 5 years and maintaining the thing as required. I wish I had my old unit back, it was much more reliable despite being 28 years old. Goodman is junk! Save your $$$ and lower your stress level and do yourself a favor - buy any other brand but Goodman.
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>