Consumer Reviews of Goodman furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-12-12 Name: David Boyer
Location: Vancouver WA

"Goodman Furnace"
Less than a year old and the fan mount broke. It is 40 degrees out and the part has to be ordered from Spokane or Texas, we live in Vancouver, WA. Hopefully, the part will be here tomorrow. Never heard of Goodman before we purchased this new home, now I know why.

Date created: 2016-12-11 Name: Paul Ritchie
Location: Calgary, Alberta

"Don't Go There!"
Six days ago, we had our 25-year old unit replaced to avoid open ended repair bills. Huge mistake to buy Goodman (branded as Amana). This furnace will not kick into high-stage heat and throws error codes. Its -14f (-25c) out and the furnace cannot heat the house. Installer cannot fix it and they do not have the parts (expect they are special order). With furnace on continuously at low stage heat and with the gas fireplace on, house heats to about 64. So it's either fix the thing or replace it with another brand.
Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: Jeremy
Location: Aztec, NM

"Garbage"
This furnace is garbage. It's barely 4 years old. Have had nothing but trouble with this piece of crap. Everytime it breaks down I'm replacing parts. Like clockwork it goes down on weekends and holidays . If you're considering buying this brand don't. You will regret it.
Date created: 2016-11-22 Name: Angela
Location: Fostoria, Ohio

"Not suitable for Salons"
I'm on my second Goodman furnance. Got the second thinking that the other one was just a mishap with the flame sensor. No the second one does the same thing. Works when it wants to. Customers are always cold. Never runs efficiently. Going to have it switched as soon as I get the money to do so.
Date created: 2016-11-21 Name: Keith
Location: Western Kentucky

"Broke again"
Bought a Goodman furnace 3 yrs ago, had to have the repair out 5 times, twice second year, going into 3rd winter sitting here as we speak waiting on him, this thing is junk, didn't have this many calls on my old one.
Date created: 2016-11-05 Name: Sally Burnell
Location: Kent, OH

"Run away, don't buy this furnace!"
I rent a house with a Goodman furnace. Because my landlord lives out of state, I take care of all of the repairs to the place and take it off my rent. The Goodman furnace in this place is a worthless piece of crap. It's less than 10 years old and has broken down four times this year alone, leaving me shivering in this old century home. I'm sick of shelling out overtime charges for service calls (because the damn thing conveniently breaks down on holidays and weekends) and then having to explain to my landlord why I am taking so much off the rent. If you are even considering a Goodman furnace for your home, run, don't walk, away from even thinking about it. They're a worthless piece of s***.
Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: Troy

"Overall great service"
We had to replace our furnace in 2003. We have had it for almost 13 years and have had one service call because it would not heat our home. The repair was not complicated and was not expensive. Only one service call over 13 years is not bad.
Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Port St. Lucie Fl

"My furnace has been great!"
I have had my furnace ever since we moved into our current location. I love that it is not loud, I have yet to have it fixed. I have not found anything that I don't like about it so far. I would recommend that others buy one because when you are not thinking about your furnace it usually means something is going right! The last thing you want to worry about is the furnace! I know that if I ever move and need to buy a new furnace I am going with a Goodman.
Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Fultondale, Alabama

"Winter Warmth Provider"
The furnace I own is a central gas furnace. I had it installed around twelve years ago to replace the old one that quit working. I am very pleased with the ability of this furnace in keeping my home quite warm in the cold winter months. My home is 2700 square feet, so it is a lot of area to heat. Gas heat works so much better to me than a heat pump or electric furnace and it is also much more economical. I have been fortunate that no repairs have had to be made on it since installation. I was also fortunate in the initial cost of the furnace and installation. The total cost of the furnace and central air unit together including installation was only about $3500. It also included a 3 year warranty. I can set my thermostat on 70 or 72 in the wintertime and it keeps my home nice and comfortable. I hope I don't have to worry about another furnace for a long time but if so, I will purchase the same kind if possible.
Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: York, Pa

"Goodman furnace works great"
We have owned this furnace since we bought our house 4 years ago. I like it because we have not had any problems with it since we moved here and it still works great. It does not take up a lot of space in the basement which is very important and is also pretty quiet compared to some other furnaces I have heard. We have not had to do any maintenance on this furnace. There is really nothing bad that I would say about the furnace other than having to replace the filters every 3 months but you have to do that with any furnace. I would definitely buy a Goodman furnace again as well as recommend the brand to someone that is looking to buy a furnace. I know that it has been in this house for awhile and it still has no problems. I think that it is very reliable and low maintenance .
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>