Consumer Reviews of Goodman furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-03-24 Name: J k porter
Location: Chicago, IL

"Can't find my filter"
Been great for almost 30 years. I have a GU125-4 and can't find the filter. Any help? Not in the normal places.

Date created: 2016-03-17 Name: MBaldwin
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Awesome"
I have installed Goodman for 10 years now and they built my reputation to what it is today (great). Goodman was junk in the early years after John Goodman bought Janitrol! (We called it Junkatrol). The new designs are superior! I have installed over 700 Goodman products (just me, a small contractor) and my warranty is close to zero! People that have issues probably had an unqualified tech put it in and the install is very important! How many of you that have problems picked the cheapest company you could find?? I will match a Goodman against Carrier crap or Lennox garbage any day! You can ask my 100% satisfied customers what they think of Goodman! I live in Colorado where it is actually cold!!

Date created: 2016-03-03 Name: Nathan
Location: Findlay, OH

"3 years old and junk. Stay away."
So I hired a 30-year-plus person to install a furnace in my house. My furnace is 3 years old and I've replaced the mother board, safety switches, freaking wires, horrible. I spent over $1000 in just service calls. I live in Ohio and I tell you what...junk! I would have it fixed ($180), then 1 month later I'll wake up and my house is 45 degrees again. So I'm calling service again. Junk, junk, junk. Stay away. Buy something else. Waste of money.

Date created: 2016-02-14 Name: tom
Location: Fenton, MI

"Make sure you have a quality company install unit"
I have been a Goodman dealer for four years now and have been in business for 32 years. Along the way I have used several different name brand units and the Goodmans that are available today are outstanding. We are very quality driven on installations so we have zero problems with Goodmans. To the people that are not happy it is sad that your HVAC company installing your units are basically not good at their jobs! These negative reviews are not Goodman's fault, it is your HVAC company. Going back after 5 years I could not give a very good review for Goodman but the products currently offered are by far the best value you can get!

Date created: 2016-02-11 Name: Daniel Craig
Location: Merrimack, NH

"Total junk"
I had a high efficiency unit installed 5/30/13. Within 8 months the condensate fan required replacement due to a design flaw. The replacement part looked exactly like the redesigned part. Today, 2/11/16, the unit would not fire. I called for service and was told it was a dirty filter which I have replaced routinely every 3 months since new. I was told that the over-limit switch was toast. $347 dollars later I was told the warranty does not apply. Goodman does not appear to honor the warranty, despite still being within 5 years and maintaining the thing as required. I wish I had my old unit back, it was much more reliable despite being 28 years old. Goodman is junk! Save your $$$ and lower your stress level and do yourself a favor - buy any other brand but Goodman.

Date created: 2016-01-04 Name: A. D.
Location: Columbus, OH

"Beyond unsatisfied"
Have you ever been so outraged after an exercise in futility that you had to cast about for an adequate term to describe your haze of disbelief? Do not believe the rave reviews for Goodman's energy efficient furnace/air conditioning units. Unfortunately I must settle for using all caps and posting to an online review tool, since Goodman (the company) is not interested in even attempting to assist in this situation. So, the facts...Installation of both systems in 2010, initial malfunction of A/C in 2011, 2nd malfunction of A/C in 2013. Initial malfunction of furnace in 2011, 2nd malfunction in January, 2016. For those who may be unaware, January in Ohio is not pleasant without an operating unit. I am unfortunately 4 days outside of the warranty provided by Goodman...anyone surprised? When I phoned consumer relations with Goodman I was informed repeatedly the equipment was out of warranty, oddly enough. After having the above listed problems (should I mention the A/C would consistently crap and die during the summer months?), I should not be surprised. So, buyer beware. Oddly enough I had a Bryant system for 20 years before it crapped out and died. In the age of the customer is always wrong I can only warn anyone taking the time to do comparison research, stay away from Goodman.

Date created: 2015-12-02 Location: Naperville, IL

"Fantastic Upgrade!"
Our old furnace had not yet broken down, but was in its twenty first year of service. It was an American Standard, and while I'm sure it was a good piece of equipment at the time, it was sorely outdated. Since we had the HVAC company out to replace a completely broken down AC condenser, we decided to replace the entire system. We could not be happier! We've now had the furnace for about eight months, and the performance has been great. We've seen savings in both our electricity bill and gas bill. The variable speed motor is quiet and circulates the conditioned air with no troubles. The air quality of the entire home has improved by at least double. So far, we don't have anything to dislike about this Goodman furnace. I've seen that the Goodman brand gets a bad rap. So far, I've come to the conclusion that the quality of the installation has much to do with the performance of the final product. The negative reviews I've read regarding Goodman products were installed by companies which also had bad reviews regarding the quality of their work. The folks who installed this furnace have been working for me on and off for the past ten years, a local company with people I've come to know personally. They did a top notch job, and the furnace is operating at peak efficiency. I would easily recommend this furnace to anyone in need, and more importantly, suggest they use a well established HVAC company to install it. It makes all the difference in the world. This furnace is backed by a ten year warranty, serviced by the company that installed the furnace in the first place. My contractor tells me that he rarely gets calls to perform warranty service on these units, probably not only because the unit seems well built, but also because he takes great care to insure their proper installation. Goodman: the cheapest high quality equipment you can find!

Date created: 2015-11-22 Name: John a connor
Location: Titusville, PA

"A bad experience"
Had a new Goodman furnace installed in 2012. The person that installed it was back at least 30 times in a 3 year period. I finally got fed up and called another company and had a different brand installed. Had it 20 months now has not missed a beat. John A. Connor, Titusville, PA 16354.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Name: D. Lombardo
Location: Grayslake, IL

"It's the installing contractor and ignorant service techs"
Goodman makes a quality product. What affects the performance more than anything is an insufficient duct system or an improperly vented furnace. Furnaces that run too hot will do exactly what these bad reviewers are expressing. They cycle erratically, lock out, and generally will cause problems until these other problems are repaired. And Goodman warranties are not a farce. It is your dealer that is the problem. Goodman is the largest manufacturer of HVAC equipment in the country. And they are owned by the largest manufacturer in the world, Daikin. No, you call a quality contractor and listen to what he has to say and you will most likely find out that you have another problem that no furnace brand can fix, or be responsible for. Cheap prices never equal quality, you have to pay for that...and there is where the problem lies.

Date created: 2015-10-29 Name: J Kos
Location: Mechicville, NY

"Horrible system and service"
New construction and trouble from day one. Installer/service person is unreliable when called for noise issues (banging) and now leaks. 15 months old and I found water seeping out and puddling along the bottom of furnace. Service person "clamped everything" and water still seeps out. An email to Goodman resulted in a return email from consumer affairs asking me to call them. Kid on the phone was clueless, kept telling me to go back to the web site. My previous home had a Bryant Plus 90 furnace, 20 years old when I moved and never a problem.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>