Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous20212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2008-10-01 Name: Joe
Location: Southern California

"Goodman Warranty"
This is not a review of Goodman, but rather a very important observation. Goodman comes with a 10 year warranty. For those having problems in the first few years having to spend money out of pocket to repair their system, something is wrong here. Did they buy the Goodman equipment on Ebay, was there something wrong to begin with? If Goodman (or any other brand) is installed correctly and legit, warranty will be honored. So when I see someone having to fork out money to repair this or that, something is not right here. By the way, this also applies to Trane which is top of the line. We have 2 out of 5 supporting Trane with same problems I read here. All these complains sure look like people buying Trane, Goodman and other equipment from a second hand store and lousy installations.

Date created: 2008-09-19 Name: Billie Shelotn
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa

"Billie Shelton"
I am very unsatisfied. I about to have the forth inducer motor installed. The Goodman has refused to work with the heating and cooling company and address the problem. They report they have had other Goodman furnaces with the same problem and do not install the brand any more.

Date created: 2008-08-30 Name: R NELSON
Location: Kansas City, MO

"GOOD"
I own an 80% Furnace and it costs less, and heats better than a new, 95% efficient Carrier Furnace - that I have at my other house. I have had no problems with it. It even survived a flood - only needing a cheap circuit board replaced - which I did myself.

Date created: 2008-07-19 Name: Rich Andrews
Location: Sterling, IL

"Goodman gmnt 080-4 92.6%"
I installed my furnace myself and had a contractor solder the A/C pipes and vacuum down and test the system before running 5 years ago not a problem so far except an igniter which I bought for $30 and the contractor was not open for business at that time of day but he sold it to me and I installed the igniter and no problems since, been a good running furnace and I did not use the cheap air filters. I use the April air 2200 and it runs good. Contractor says the igniters do go out after so many times so it would be a good idea to keep a spare and do not touch the igniter with your fingers. Good Luck

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: Brad M
Location: DuPage County, IL

"Thank You Goodman"
I bought and installed an 80% efficient furnace because Goodman was about the only manufacturer I could find that would sell direct to me. I replaced a Kenmore 80% from 1988 with the Goodman- the Kenmore I also installed myself- in the 80's Sears also used to sell Kenmore furnaces direct. Something fishy is going on here. Folks, I'm not saying everyone is capable or wants to replace their own furnace- but it's not exactly rocket science. When I read that people have their Goodman blower motors repeatedly burnout or some other repeated problem, it makes me a little suspicious- not even a bad installation would cause constant motor burnout. As others have mentioned- most of the major parts in any major appliance these days (furnaces, computers, AC, TV, washing machines, etc.) are made by other manufactures and assembled into a final product. And if your motor really keeps burning out wouldn't your HVAC contractor recommend another brand? hmmmmm. It's not like Goodman would have commissioned some kind of special edition, custom built, chrome plated blower motor- most likely run of the mill, broad application, blower motor- substitutable by any major motor manufacturer. My Goodman did the job just fine last winter, and I expect it will for many years to come, just as my Kenmore did.

Date created: 2008-06-24 Name: Scott
Location: WA

"Installer review"
I'm an HVAC contractor. We sell Trane, Lennox, and Goodman. We have significantly less warranty calls on Goodman than the others. We have a good install crew and all systems have their ductwork up to code. I put a Goodman ssz16 unit in my house and I couldn't be happier. Let my 14 years experience in the HVAC biz make you feel good about buying this stuff. P.S. if you buy the cheapest one, It will be noisy no matter what the brand.

Date created: 2008-04-01 Name: L. Trzos
Location: Bridgeview, IL

Purchased last June. First year using. About a minute before the blower stops running, there is a bang noise. This does not happen all the time. Sometime it is a quiet noise but sometimes it is a very loud noise almost like a door slamming. Serviceman said there is no gas leak and the noise is because of my 2 level unit. That can't be or else the noise would be the same every time. Seems like it is quiet for a length of time and then a loud bang, like something has to build up before it is loud. Anyone else have this problem? First time it happened, I thought it was going to blow up.

Date created: 2008-03-31 Name: John S.
Location: Woodbury, MN

Finding an honest furnace or air conditioner review is hard because everyone is biased in one way or another. I decided to write this furnace review to give my opinion with facts that I have accumulated over the years. I have been repairing and installing furnaces and air conditioners for 21 years so I have a good amount of experience in the subject. I have found that furnaces have evolved over the years to a point now where the manufacturers are offering a high quality product that will last many years. When high efficiency furnaces first came out, each manufacturer had its own idea on how to build a furnace and by trial and error they slowly worked out the problems to where now they are all are building a good furnace. The furnace manufacturers actually just build the heat exchanger, cabinet, housings etc. They buy the circuit boards, motors, burners, controls, limit switches, draft inducers, pressure controls, gas valves, ignition controls, and hot surface igniters from the companies that build them like ge, Honeywell, White Rodgers, Robertshaw, etc. <br /><br /> You generally read comments about furnace brands that have a negative slant. This is because people who have had a bad experience tend to have the drive to tell the world about it while the people who are satisfied are content to leave it at that. The truth is every brand has to be repaired now and then and since the manufacturers who build the main working parts of the furnaces build them for every furnace manufacturer, I do not see a big difference in number of repairs from one brand to the next. <br /><br /> Then how should you choose which furnace brand to buy? It is important to purchase your furnace from someone you can trust to install it properly and who will back up the warranty if something should go wrong later on. I recommend that you try to buy locally so you are important to the business that you are buying from and not just another anonymous customer who does not matter. The manufacturers warranty is a big factor to look at. If the furnace does break in the future, you don't want to be stuck with a large repair bill. Today you can find lifetime warranties on heat exchangers and 10 years on all other parts. If they don't offer this warranty, keep looking because some do and it is better to let the manufacturer pay for the repair instead of you. After all if they spend all of that money on advertising trying to convince you to buy their furnace let them back it up with a good warranty! <br /><br /> Don't pay for your furnace over and over again with high gas bills. There are two somewhat standard efficiency ratings on furnaces that are sold today, 80% and 95%. You can think of the difference as being this: for every dollar that you pay your utility company for natural gas for your furnace, with the 80% model, 80 cents out of every dollar heats the house and 20 cents is wasted up the chimney. While the 95% efficiency model only loses 5 cents out of every dollar out the vent. So can see over time the amount of money you can save by installing a 95% furnace will easily pay for the difference in price over the 80% model and save you money every year after that. <br /><br /> I have installed many brands of furnaces over the years and have narrowed my offerings down to one brand. I now only install Goodman furnaces and air conditioners because I have found no better unit on the market that offers the price and warranty that I believe my customers want. Some of my customers have not heard of Goodman furnaces and air conditioners because of their lack of consumer advertising. This a plus, because who wants to pay for all of the expensive advertising that gets passed down to the consumer in the form of higher prices? Goodman had sales of 1.9 billion dollars last year and with out all of those expensive ads. I also like the way Goodman backs me up if I need a warranty part without undue paperwork or making it difficult to return the part. <br /><br /> All furnace manufacturers have websites that you can review their products. <br /><br /> I hope this clears up some of the confusion in trying to pick one brand over another. <br /><br /> My name is John and I own Schuebel's Heating and Air Conditioning in Woodbury Minnesota. I work just in my area so I can be responsive to my customers needs. My website is Schuebels.com

Date created: 2008-03-15 Name: Lee S.
Location: Arlington, TX

I purchased Goodman Handler 4 years ago and then found a leak in the coil during the 3rd year. The coil is under warranty but I had to pay about $500 for labor. I am not satisfied with Goodman quality.

Date created: 2008-02-28 Name: J. Smith
Location: Boise, Idaho

I had a Goodman 92% efficiency furnace, and a 14 seer installed about 6 years ago. I feel good about the decision. No problems. I had never heard of Goodman until I started researching the industry. I think they have less name recognition because they simply don't advertise. I also figure the reason Goodman can sell HVAC equipment for less than the more popular brands is that they don't have the advertising cost.

<< Previous20212223242526272829303132Next >>