Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous20212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: R. Harris
Location: Wake Forest, NC

"Goodman Gas Pack/"
Bought Gas Pack (Central Air/Gas Heat) 3 years ago. Would not fire up 3rd winter. Service man that installed it out of box from factory said it was the heat exchanger. Part free, but $400 to install, under 10 year warranty. Part had to come in from Texas, 12 days, and still no part. Lousy service.

Date created: 2008-10-21 Name: Carl L.
Location: Laramie, WY

"No Problems"
I had a Goodman 80% installed about 4 years ago and have had no problems whatsoever. The furnace has run quietly, smoothly and heated our home, very comfortably through some very cold winters. We have it serviced once a year and will be adding a Goodman A/C next spring. Very good warranty (10 years on all parts and lifetime on the heat exchanger).

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: C. Egwen

"Unsatisfied"
The unit suddenly stopped cooling.

Date created: 2008-10-04 Name: Brad
Location: Kankakee, IL

"Goodman"
A+, very pleased. My home stays cool in the summer, and toasty in the winter. Great warranty, excellent price, outstanding value. Thanks Goodman.

Date created: 2008-10-01 Name: Joe
Location: Southern California

"Goodman Warranty"
This is not a review of Goodman, but rather a very important observation. Goodman comes with a 10 year warranty. For those having problems in the first few years having to spend money out of pocket to repair their system, something is wrong here. Did they buy the Goodman equipment on Ebay, was there something wrong to begin with? If Goodman (or any other brand) is installed correctly and legit, warranty will be honored. So when I see someone having to fork out money to repair this or that, something is not right here. By the way, this also applies to Trane which is top of the line. We have 2 out of 5 supporting Trane with same problems I read here. All these complains sure look like people buying Trane, Goodman and other equipment from a second hand store and lousy installations.

Date created: 2008-09-19 Name: Billie Shelotn
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa

"Billie Shelton"
I am very unsatisfied. I about to have the forth inducer motor installed. The Goodman has refused to work with the heating and cooling company and address the problem. They report they have had other Goodman furnaces with the same problem and do not install the brand any more.

Date created: 2008-08-30 Name: R NELSON
Location: Kansas City, MO

"GOOD"
I own an 80% Furnace and it costs less, and heats better than a new, 95% efficient Carrier Furnace - that I have at my other house. I have had no problems with it. It even survived a flood - only needing a cheap circuit board replaced - which I did myself.

Date created: 2008-07-19 Name: Rich Andrews
Location: Sterling, IL

"Goodman gmnt 080-4 92.6%"
I installed my furnace myself and had a contractor solder the A/C pipes and vacuum down and test the system before running 5 years ago not a problem so far except an igniter which I bought for $30 and the contractor was not open for business at that time of day but he sold it to me and I installed the igniter and no problems since, been a good running furnace and I did not use the cheap air filters. I use the April air 2200 and it runs good. Contractor says the igniters do go out after so many times so it would be a good idea to keep a spare and do not touch the igniter with your fingers. Good Luck

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: Brad M
Location: DuPage County, IL

"Thank You Goodman"
I bought and installed an 80% efficient furnace because Goodman was about the only manufacturer I could find that would sell direct to me. I replaced a Kenmore 80% from 1988 with the Goodman- the Kenmore I also installed myself- in the 80's Sears also used to sell Kenmore furnaces direct. Something fishy is going on here. Folks, I'm not saying everyone is capable or wants to replace their own furnace- but it's not exactly rocket science. When I read that people have their Goodman blower motors repeatedly burnout or some other repeated problem, it makes me a little suspicious- not even a bad installation would cause constant motor burnout. As others have mentioned- most of the major parts in any major appliance these days (furnaces, computers, AC, TV, washing machines, etc.) are made by other manufactures and assembled into a final product. And if your motor really keeps burning out wouldn't your HVAC contractor recommend another brand? hmmmmm. It's not like Goodman would have commissioned some kind of special edition, custom built, chrome plated blower motor- most likely run of the mill, broad application, blower motor- substitutable by any major motor manufacturer. My Goodman did the job just fine last winter, and I expect it will for many years to come, just as my Kenmore did.

Date created: 2008-06-24 Name: Scott
Location: WA

"Installer review"
I'm an HVAC contractor. We sell Trane, Lennox, and Goodman. We have significantly less warranty calls on Goodman than the others. We have a good install crew and all systems have their ductwork up to code. I put a Goodman ssz16 unit in my house and I couldn't be happier. Let my 14 years experience in the HVAC biz make you feel good about buying this stuff. P.S. if you buy the cheapest one, It will be noisy no matter what the brand.

<< Previous20212223242526272829303132Next >>