Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous18192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2008-11-30 Name: S. Williams
Location: Glenn Dale, Maryland

"Goodman Model GMNT080-4"
We are having a problem that no one seems to be able to fix. We have had 5 repair people come out to service the unit. They replaced the circuit board or restart the power switch and it would work for a few hours and then stop working. It is very cold in here and we don't know what to do. I was able to find out that there have been other Goodman products with this same problem but not sure if it was fixed. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw the thermostat or the power switch. Now it is not working at all. No one seems to be able to fix this product. I definitely would not purchase another Goodman product.

Date created: 2008-11-14 Name: Pokey, the AC Guy
Location: TX

"Goodman GMP100"
Goodman makes the best A/C and heaters for the money hands down. Having said that I have had some issues with my Goodman GMP100 over the years. After about 5 years the heater would run for a couple minutes and just shut down before heating the house to the desired temp. It took me about a week to finally figure out that the service safety switch contacts had gone bad. The draft inducer was very noisy and I've to take it apart a couple times to oil it and clean out the dead insects. Goodman has redesigned the draft inducer so I assume it's much quieter now. Just last week the control board went bad and would not supply enough ac voltage to the flame sensor. The new board cost me $73 on Ebay (I didn't want to pay a service geek $300+ for swapping out a board). Overall, the heater has worked very well over the years and I would definitely buy another Goodman heater again. My experience is that the Goodman A/C condensing are very good but I have a Lennox condensing unit with a scroll compressor. My recommendations for A/C equipment: Heater: Goodman (Best Buy) Condensing Unit: Goodman (Best Buy) Best made: Trane (Great equipment but WAY overpriced.) Others that very good: Lennox with scroll compressor. I hear that Coleman makes very good equipment too. Most Overrated: Yep, you guessed it. Carrier is way overrated IMO. I've seen Carrier cut corners like using aluminum instead of copper coils, sealing coils with some kind of weird electroplate instead of using silver solder, etc. Remember, a bad installation can make the best A/C equipment run like crap. UPDATE 1/2/15: This is an update from an earlier review that I wrote in 2008. My GMP100 furnace is now 21 years old and still running great (because I know how to fix it). I just wanted to let Goodman know what has gone wrong with their furnace over the years: 1) Service safety switch failed intermittently. Symptoms: the heater would run for a couple minutes and shut down before reaching set temperature. 2) Noisy draft inducer - finally replaced it with a new, updated inducer motor because it was driving my wife crazy. 3) Bad circuit board - the flame sensing circuit was not working 4) Replaced crappy, cracked plastic chimney with a new metal chimney. Goodman forced me to pay for the new chimney even though there is a recall for this defective design. Who puts plastic next to high heat? The Goodman engineer who designed that crappy plastic part should be fired.

Date created: 2008-11-14 Name: Dan
Location: Kansas

"Goodunits"
My wife and I own two long term care facilities. We currently are replacing one 47 year old Lennex unit with a set of twin Goodman units. That will make a total of 9 Goodman units installed since 2000. Only problem was with distributer not matching circuit boards on the twin units and wouldn’t work correctly. Two phone calls and problem solved. Other than that, no problems what so ever. If you are having problems with your Goodman unit, be certain that you use a professional installer.

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: R. Harris
Location: Wake Forest, NC

"Goodman Gas Pack/"
Bought Gas Pack (Central Air/Gas Heat) 3 years ago. Would not fire up 3rd winter. Service man that installed it out of box from factory said it was the heat exchanger. Part free, but $400 to install, under 10 year warranty. Part had to come in from Texas, 12 days, and still no part. Lousy service.

Date created: 2008-10-21 Name: Carl L.
Location: Laramie, WY

"No Problems"
I had a Goodman 80% installed about 4 years ago and have had no problems whatsoever. The furnace has run quietly, smoothly and heated our home, very comfortably through some very cold winters. We have it serviced once a year and will be adding a Goodman A/C next spring. Very good warranty (10 years on all parts and lifetime on the heat exchanger).

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: C. Egwen

"Unsatisfied"
The unit suddenly stopped cooling.

Date created: 2008-10-04 Name: Brad
Location: Kankakee, IL

"Goodman"
A+, very pleased. My home stays cool in the summer, and toasty in the winter. Great warranty, excellent price, outstanding value. Thanks Goodman.

Date created: 2008-10-01 Name: Joe
Location: Southern California

"Goodman Warranty"
This is not a review of Goodman, but rather a very important observation. Goodman comes with a 10 year warranty. For those having problems in the first few years having to spend money out of pocket to repair their system, something is wrong here. Did they buy the Goodman equipment on Ebay, was there something wrong to begin with? If Goodman (or any other brand) is installed correctly and legit, warranty will be honored. So when I see someone having to fork out money to repair this or that, something is not right here. By the way, this also applies to Trane which is top of the line. We have 2 out of 5 supporting Trane with same problems I read here. All these complains sure look like people buying Trane, Goodman and other equipment from a second hand store and lousy installations.

Date created: 2008-09-19 Name: Billie Shelotn
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa

"Billie Shelton"
I am very unsatisfied. I about to have the forth inducer motor installed. The Goodman has refused to work with the heating and cooling company and address the problem. They report they have had other Goodman furnaces with the same problem and do not install the brand any more.

Date created: 2008-08-30 Name: R NELSON
Location: Kansas City, MO

"GOOD"
I own an 80% Furnace and it costs less, and heats better than a new, 95% efficient Carrier Furnace - that I have at my other house. I have had no problems with it. It even survived a flood - only needing a cheap circuit board replaced - which I did myself.

<< Previous18192021222324252627282930Next >>