Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Allen Sandoval

"Great furnace"
Six years and not one complaint with our Goodman gmh model furnace. Reliable, dependable and absolute comfort with this 2-stage furnace. We paid a bit more for the installation by using a quality hvac company but truely believe that makes a difference and was worth the extra $$$. Saw the comment about someone having to replace a flame sensor...are u kidding? Our service company cleans our sensor every year as part of the annual service and says if someone tells you you need a new one, you're most likely being ripped off. He says they just need to be cleaned with steel wool or emery cloth...just like a car's oxygen sensor, they get a carbon buildup and if not cleaned will affect how the furnace runs. I highly recommend Goodman. It's been a very dependable and quite running furnace from day 1.

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: GOODMAN

"Troy Heating contractor"
Having problems with your heating equiptment. Maybe you shouldnt have used the absolute lowest bidder and then haggle them down another few hundred.You get what you pay for!! And you got what you paid for hehehe. I have 15 yrs in this field and I have seen some real hacks, but the even bigger hacks are the customers wanting something for nothing. Bragging to they're friends about the great deal they got and the installer did a great job for pennys on the dollar of what the other guys wanted. He cut corners because he wasnt making jack shit off the job and you only have yourself to blame not such a great deal after all.Anyone especially diy should never attempt to install a furnace your familys lives are at risk. are you that cheap?!?! Its not your fault years and years of the home depot telling you that you can do it must have blinded you to what your real abilitys are. stick to tile and sinks and leave the real work to trades men like it should be. go back to the office and power lunches and conference calls and quit complaining about goodman equiptment its the best selling equipment on the market and its made in the usa. Not like your nissan or bmw

Date created: 2009-04-06 Name: GOODMAN

"Jury is still out on this one..."
Was nervous about installing a brand historically known for poor quality, but the installer and reviews online convinced us Goodman was improving. Installed a 94% variable speed, installers were unreliable and numbskulls. Unit worked great the first year, very quiet. Second winter the unit would start and run for a few minutes and shut off. We would reset with the power switch, and it would run for a few minutes and shut off. Service tech made 4 visits, replaced the blower motor and an intake valve before discovering there was a clog in the pipe leading to the valve. Has worked perfect since, the tech only charged us for two visits. I guess we'll see next winter. It's quiet, works well, great warranty, and you can't beat the price!

Date created: 2009-03-25 Name: GOODMAN

"JUNK GOODMAN"
This furnace is a joke, also known as junk. After only 10 years of use I need a new one. I had replace the blower motor and other parts.

Date created: 2009-02-27 Name: Vicki S
Location: Rochester, NY

"GOODMAN IS AWESOME"
Awesome Unit. I just had the 95 % gas furnace installed. It is wonderful. It replaced a 50 year old Janitrol. The heat is so comfortable,where is used to be cold it isn't now. It is all even. It is very quiet too. I am in love with this furnace and cant wait to get my first bill. I live in ny and the gas bills have been horrible. Goodman has an excellent warranty. With the installer I have 10 years parts and labor, no one could compete with that.

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: David
Location: Lodi, CA

"Lodi, Ca"
I had a EverRest installed, which is made by Goodman, a 4 ton unit 95% eff. No problems. My gas bill dropped in half over the past 2 years.

Date created: 2009-02-12 Name: Gayla
Location: Northern Indiana

"Furnace"
This furnace has failed me every year except this for this year it has been six times. Every thing from ignition switch, pressure switch and circuit board. If I could afford a new furnace it couldn't be soon enough.

Date created: 2009-01-30 Name: Patrick O'Hara
Location: East Liverpool, Ohio

"Garbage"
We made the mistake of allowing the contractor to choose the appliances in our new home. He (of course) chose a Goodman furnace and air conditioner. After the second Air Conditioning season, the ac died. It was one month out of warranty. Goodman would not even discuss it. They do not stand behind their product. I had to replace the unit. In addition, the low quality Goodman coil had a drain pan that was leaking and flooded my basement (and I mean flooded). The next year, (third season) one of the burners went bad on the furnace. The repairman said it would be cheaper and easier to just turn that burner off rather than replace it as long as the furnace was still heating the house. We went for 3 more winters with fewer BTU's than it should have given us, but it worked. During those next 3 years we had numerous repairs including replacing the igniter twice. In it's 6th season, my 7 yr old daughter began to complain of constant headaches. Someone suggested we get a carbon monoxide detector and sure enough, the furnace was pouring co into the house. The heat exchanger was cracked. So, 2 years out of the ac, 6 years out of the furnace in a new home and to boot, the furnace nearly killed us. I called Goodman and told them about it and said that I had been so wronged, that as far as I'm concerned they should compensate me for their insanely low quality product. They were indignant, denied that they would have told me to pound salt on the ac after only two years (a lie) and told me they would give me a new heat exchanger free. The repair man told me that. The exchanger is free, but Goodman doesn't pay the repairman to install it, you have to pay for that. Do you think I was going to pay $600.00 to repair a furnace that I have had nothing but trouble with and that almost killed me and my family? I think not. Ask any furnace repairman, Goodman = Garbage. They are the cheapest furnace on the market for a reason, they suck. Ironically, after this experience I bought a top of the line Carrier furnace which has turned out to be a piece of junk also. I replaced the ac with a Ducane Heat Pump which has been awesome. The only hvac purchase I've been happy with. You can't believe the money the heat pump has saved me. It paid for itself early in the second year.

Date created: 2009-01-20 Name: LTC
Location: KY

"LTC"
Goodman gas furnaces; if the furnace works when it is first turned on after it is installed and fails later, then it is a good install no matter who did the install. Every company has a few bad units probably 5%. This can be a fairly large number when you think of each company selling over 1,000,000 units a year. They might have as many as 5,000 bad ones for one reason or another. These units may test good before they leave the factory and yet fail within a few weeks or months. The company should cover the cost to repair these units including parts and labor for at least three years and thereafter for the next seven years cover the parts no matter who installed the unit. When they don't it's because they know they have made a large number of bad units and want to pass the cost on to their customers who were unlucky enough to get one of their bad ones. They don't care if they loose 5,000 customers because they have 995,000 happy customers. Good luck when buy a furnace, all of the furnace companies are the same.

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: B. Ambler

"Owner"
The Goodman 80% furnace is nothing but trouble. Have had to replace the ignitor 5 times, the pressure switch once and the control board once. Now it looks like I'll be replacing the control board again, at $100.00 for the part and HAVC contractors labor at $70.00 dollars an hour. The Goodman people should go back to their other trade name Janitrol, better known as Junkatrol

<< Previous181920212223242526272829303132Next >>