Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-07-02 Name: C. Lewis

"AC starts blowing hot air instead of cold"
Over the past two months our Goodman (2 yrs old) starts blowing hot air. It will work fine for days and then starts blowing hot air instead of cool air. We have walked into the house and it was 95 degrees and going higher. The technicians have been out to the house three times and replaced the thermostat, contact switch and ran a new ground because it was only pulling 19 volts to the outside unit. Last night at midnight it started blowing hot air. I turned it off for five minutes and then it worked fine. It is mystery. I think it might be a bad circuit card or something dealing with a controller.

Date created: 2009-06-27 Name: LEONARD & PAT HARRIS

"NOT FOR FLORIDA HEAT"
This the 3rd unit I have had in 30 years and the first one that would'nt cool our house. have had fan and compressor replaced and still runs 24/7 after noon until around 1:00 am and still runs at least 5 degrees hotter than I have the theromostat set. and the guy that put it in want even return my phone call. I would'nt even consider another goodman. this is my first and last.

Date created: 2009-06-10 Name: CDB

"New guy"
I just recently bought my home which is 5yrs young. The subdivision was built 5yrs ago. My a/c stopped working. We call for repairs under our home warranty. Goodman ar42-1 a/c leaks both outside and inside,and compressor. After reading these reviews I'm subject to buy a new a/c

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Allen Sandoval

"Great furnace"
Six years and not one complaint with our Goodman gmh model furnace. Reliable, dependable and absolute comfort with this 2-stage furnace. We paid a bit more for the installation by using a quality hvac company but truely believe that makes a difference and was worth the extra $$$. Saw the comment about someone having to replace a flame sensor...are u kidding? Our service company cleans our sensor every year as part of the annual service and says if someone tells you you need a new one, you're most likely being ripped off. He says they just need to be cleaned with steel wool or emery cloth...just like a car's oxygen sensor, they get a carbon buildup and if not cleaned will affect how the furnace runs. I highly recommend Goodman. It's been a very dependable and quite running furnace from day 1.

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: GOODMAN

"Troy Heating contractor"
Having problems with your heating equiptment. Maybe you shouldnt have used the absolute lowest bidder and then haggle them down another few hundred.You get what you pay for!! And you got what you paid for hehehe. I have 15 yrs in this field and I have seen some real hacks, but the even bigger hacks are the customers wanting something for nothing. Bragging to they're friends about the great deal they got and the installer did a great job for pennys on the dollar of what the other guys wanted. He cut corners because he wasnt making jack shit off the job and you only have yourself to blame not such a great deal after all.Anyone especially diy should never attempt to install a furnace your familys lives are at risk. are you that cheap?!?! Its not your fault years and years of the home depot telling you that you can do it must have blinded you to what your real abilitys are. stick to tile and sinks and leave the real work to trades men like it should be. go back to the office and power lunches and conference calls and quit complaining about goodman equiptment its the best selling equipment on the market and its made in the usa. Not like your nissan or bmw

Date created: 2009-04-06 Name: GOODMAN

"Jury is still out on this one..."
Was nervous about installing a brand historically known for poor quality, but the installer and reviews online convinced us Goodman was improving. Installed a 94% variable speed, installers were unreliable and numbskulls. Unit worked great the first year, very quiet. Second winter the unit would start and run for a few minutes and shut off. We would reset with the power switch, and it would run for a few minutes and shut off. Service tech made 4 visits, replaced the blower motor and an intake valve before discovering there was a clog in the pipe leading to the valve. Has worked perfect since, the tech only charged us for two visits. I guess we'll see next winter. It's quiet, works well, great warranty, and you can't beat the price!

Date created: 2009-03-25 Name: GOODMAN

"JUNK GOODMAN"
This furnace is a joke, also known as junk. After only 10 years of use I need a new one. I had replace the blower motor and other parts.

Date created: 2009-02-27 Name: Vicki S
Location: Rochester, NY

"GOODMAN IS AWESOME"
Awesome Unit. I just had the 95 % gas furnace installed. It is wonderful. It replaced a 50 year old Janitrol. The heat is so comfortable,where is used to be cold it isn't now. It is all even. It is very quiet too. I am in love with this furnace and cant wait to get my first bill. I live in ny and the gas bills have been horrible. Goodman has an excellent warranty. With the installer I have 10 years parts and labor, no one could compete with that.

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: David
Location: Lodi, CA

"Lodi, Ca"
I had a EverRest installed, which is made by Goodman, a 4 ton unit 95% eff. No problems. My gas bill dropped in half over the past 2 years.

Date created: 2009-02-12 Name: Gayla
Location: Northern Indiana

"Furnace"
This furnace has failed me every year except this for this year it has been six times. Every thing from ignition switch, pressure switch and circuit board. If I could afford a new furnace it couldn't be soon enough.

<< Previous181920212223242526272829303132Next >>