Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous17181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-08-16 Name: hvac man

"Hvac man"
Goodman makes a great product. They have a bad rap sometimes in my belief because they are installed or serviced by someone who isn't familiar or qualified with installing goodman. I have had and installed many of them without problems.

Date created: 2009-08-04 Name: Big Ben

"Paid pro installer top bucks"
I'm reading through the review and can't help respond to all the installer on this board keep yapping about "you get what you paid for" "Use a pro installer" etc. Well, guess what? I did you a pro installer and paid through the nose to get the best furnace (variable speed above 92% etc - all the bells). And... dadaaaa .... same problems as listed by all other owner on this board - the furnace fails again, and again, and again. It has nothing to do with the installation when a fan starts coming apart after 12 months (as the installer does not even touch the fan during installation - it's already installed in the unit from the factory. My advice, buy the cheapest furnace, sound insulate you furnace closet and use the cheapest installer (or put it in yourself!) Good luck (and please never again hire an expensive installer).

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: Mark W.

"Goodman Heat pumps and Furnaces."
Hi, I just wanted to state some facts about Goodman Heating and Cooling Equipment. I am a journeyman hvac installer, we install Bryant/Payne/Carrier, Trane/American Standard, Goodman/Amana and a few more. I have read a lot and I do mean a lot of negative reviews about Goodman. First off, Goodman makes an outstanding product for the money. They are not junky or garbage as some people have said. Most these "people" are complaining because of crappy installs or using shady contractors. Every furnace is like an automobile, they require a yearly inspection and or maintenance. Please use a honest and reliable contractor or installer who will stand behind their work and installation. Just some facts in percentages repairs in the last 4 years: Goodman 2.2%, Trane 3.1%, and Carrier 2.6%. And in my own home, I use a Goodman gmv 95% afue 2 stage furnace and a Goodman 14 seer heat pump. Both have never had a single problem. Yes down the road I am sure the furnace will lose the ignitor, just like a car battery will die. This is not Goodman's fault, they do not make the ignitors. Neither do Trane or Carrier for that matter. If you are considering buying a Goodman furnace or a/c unit / Heat pump. Do it they have one of the best factory warranties and do yourself a favor, Choose a known hvac installer. Remember the lowest bid isn't always the best.

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: W. WILLIAMSON

"About goodman (i'm a CONTRACTOR)"
Goodman furnaces and a/c units are not the best units in the world they are good for the price and have a good warranty.People talk real bad about goodman units, people say they have a higher break down rating than others. 1, goodman sells about 4 times as many units than any other company out there so sure there will be more break downs because there are a lot more out there if you look at %'s there will be less breakdowns than most companies. 2nd, it has to be properly sized and installed correctly if not I dont care what unit you put in, it will shorting the life of the unit and will have more break downs and you will be upset. I read some of these complaints and they have nothing to do with the units again, 80% of the problems with any furnace is due to bad maintenance and bad installation

Date created: 2009-07-17 Name: jared

"Owner of a company"
The review that is negitive is due to poor install. pay to have a good company and you will have no problems. also most of the bad reviews come from people trying to do things them selves. again pay to have a good company you will have good results.

Date created: 2009-07-17 Name: dan chirnomas

"Goodman furnace a/c"
I just had a Goodman 14 seer high effieciency furnace and a/c installed on July 14/09. I also recommended to my next door neighbor to call and they also got the exact same equipment. Even before the installer left my place, he checked the equipment and said I need a new tvc( or whatever it's called) valve. I was then told that a new entire coil along with the valve was to be replaced. The installer put in a different coil because he intimated there were problems with this new one that came with the furnace. Now my neighbor has his a/c not functioning and the installer is seeing him right after he's done with me. I would never recommend Goodman to anyone. This is just unacceptable for a $4,000 plus piece of equipment just for the furnace

Date created: 2009-07-15 Name: D. Pate

"Reversing valve"
The cap tube on the reversing valve is now busted, and all the coolant leaked out. Cost is 819.00 to fix this, valve is under warranty.

Date created: 2009-07-02 Name: C. Lewis

"AC starts blowing hot air instead of cold"
Over the past two months our Goodman (2 yrs old) starts blowing hot air. It will work fine for days and then starts blowing hot air instead of cool air. We have walked into the house and it was 95 degrees and going higher. The technicians have been out to the house three times and replaced the thermostat, contact switch and ran a new ground because it was only pulling 19 volts to the outside unit. Last night at midnight it started blowing hot air. I turned it off for five minutes and then it worked fine. It is mystery. I think it might be a bad circuit card or something dealing with a controller.

Date created: 2009-06-27 Name: LEONARD & PAT HARRIS

"NOT FOR FLORIDA HEAT"
This the 3rd unit I have had in 30 years and the first one that would'nt cool our house. have had fan and compressor replaced and still runs 24/7 after noon until around 1:00 am and still runs at least 5 degrees hotter than I have the theromostat set. and the guy that put it in want even return my phone call. I would'nt even consider another goodman. this is my first and last.

Date created: 2009-06-10 Name: CDB

"New guy"
I just recently bought my home which is 5yrs young. The subdivision was built 5yrs ago. My a/c stopped working. We call for repairs under our home warranty. Goodman ar42-1 a/c leaks both outside and inside,and compressor. After reading these reviews I'm subject to buy a new a/c

<< Previous17181920212223242526272829303132Next >>