Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-11-19 Name: V. B.Shelby

"Absolutely Awful"
I have had to replace so many parts I can't mention them all. I had the a coil replaced less than two years ago and the replacement has already developed a leak and must be replaced. Of course it's out of warranty. This is the poorest product I have ever purchased.

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: Gary Wells

"GOODMAN downdraft furnace."
I installed a Goodman furnace and it worked perfectly for 1 1/2 to 2 years. I am now having problems pertaining to the electronics of the system. Pressure switches, limit switches and circuit board have all been replaced and it still has problems. Sometimes it won't work at all, sometimes it will start and then shut down before the temp is reached, giving me a pressure switch fault, or limit switch fault, or a restart fault. How can it go from running perfectly to not working at all. I would not recomend this furnace brand and I plan on replacing it. I figure a few more service calls will pay for a new furnace. How difficult can it be, there are only so many thing to go wrong and it seems that I have them all.

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: B Brown

"Maintenance"
New Units with Goodman electric heater, problems from day one. Heater strips going out, heaters won't shut off,squencers bad. Goodman keeps saying installation people Bull****. Bad compontents and they blame the insatllers.

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: R. Simpson

"RES"
Just purchase a Goodman furnace and it works great! It heats my home extremely well!

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: Tom in SD

"Very good machine"
This furnace replaced a junky Carrier. What a difference! The Goodman is much more silent, the temp does not cycle up and down. Great choice.

Date created: 2009-11-02 Name: KET

"Heat exchanger already bad"
The heating season just started and the heat exchanger on my furnace just went. Not even 2 yrs old yet - I have to wait 7-10 days to get a new one and I have to pay for shipping !!!! I also have to pay for the installer to put it in and I am running electric heaters- there goes my electric bill !!!! Never again - my brother had one to be installed and he said No thanks.

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: dj

"Love our goodman"
We bought our goodman for our mobile last month. we bought our mobile and were told that the colemen in then was only 5 years old., turns out it was 15 years old. we looked around and we got a $6000 goodman for $4500 and that was because we had a famly member who worked for the dealer we bought from. it works great!!!!!!!! And I have friends who have had their goodman for 10 years with out a problem. I had to laugh at the one post who said they had a goodman for over 10 years and goodman would not fix it for free. hello its a 10 year warrenty. thats like taking you ford or chev in a year after the warrenty is done and wanting a free fix. lol goodman makes a great furnace. I have worked as an installers helper with gas furnaces(good and bad) if you want a cheap job expect a bad working furnace. you get what you paid for. pay the extra cash and get a great job and great furnace. The people we bought from had a bad installer. he put the wrong size furnace in and the living room has no heat register and the heat would not enter from the kitchen. after the dealer was here he measured the house all the windows and doors. and he said what we needed. 2 days later we had the new goodman installed. after the furnace was installed the heat came on and blew from the kitchen into the livingroom. If any friends want a new furnace I would tell them to look at the goodman. much much better then the colemen

Date created: 2009-10-19 Name: KD

"Goodman Furnace ckl301l"
This furnace was installed as a new unit in my house when I bought it in 2005. In 2007, the circuit board had to be replaced. It has continued to have issues with not cycling properly. Today, the repair man was out again, it was diagnosed with a bad gas value and circuit board (again). For a four year old furnace to have its circuit board replaced twice in four years, that is not a good quality unit. Wouldn't recommend to anyone looking to replace their furnace.

Date created: 2009-10-14 Name: R J

"Keep scratching my head"
Have two seperate unit (per level) in my place. The upper level furnace runs perfect, not one problem. The main level furnace is garbage! Both goodman. Continues to break down every other month. Always something, have used the same hvac company for 10 years, luckily it is my personal home with the issues and not one of my buyers. Their last chance is today to fix it or replace the entire unit with another companies. We shall see, won't let them install goodmans on any future projects. That I know for sure.

Date created: 2009-10-10 Name: c.w.

"Had Goodman furnace 2yrs"
We had it about 2yrs. So far our furnace is working fine. It cost us around 3,000$ with installation and removeal of old furnace. We had 4 Seasons heating and cooling put it in. They were quick and quality about the work. Unlike friends who also got a Goodman. Paid 4300$ with installation and removeal of old furnace. They had Able Brothers Heating and Cooling do the work. They said the work was shotty and not up to code. So it might not be brand of furnace. Since our Goodman had not failed us yet. It might be who put it in.

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>