Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-10-19 Name: KD

"Goodman Furnace ckl301l"
This furnace was installed as a new unit in my house when I bought it in 2005. In 2007, the circuit board had to be replaced. It has continued to have issues with not cycling properly. Today, the repair man was out again, it was diagnosed with a bad gas value and circuit board (again). For a four year old furnace to have its circuit board replaced twice in four years, that is not a good quality unit. Wouldn't recommend to anyone looking to replace their furnace.

Date created: 2009-10-14 Name: R J

"Keep scratching my head"
Have two seperate unit (per level) in my place. The upper level furnace runs perfect, not one problem. The main level furnace is garbage! Both goodman. Continues to break down every other month. Always something, have used the same hvac company for 10 years, luckily it is my personal home with the issues and not one of my buyers. Their last chance is today to fix it or replace the entire unit with another companies. We shall see, won't let them install goodmans on any future projects. That I know for sure.

Date created: 2009-10-10 Name: c.w.

"Had Goodman furnace 2yrs"
We had it about 2yrs. So far our furnace is working fine. It cost us around 3,000$ with installation and removeal of old furnace. We had 4 Seasons heating and cooling put it in. They were quick and quality about the work. Unlike friends who also got a Goodman. Paid 4300$ with installation and removeal of old furnace. They had Able Brothers Heating and Cooling do the work. They said the work was shotty and not up to code. So it might not be brand of furnace. Since our Goodman had not failed us yet. It might be who put it in.

Date created: 2009-10-07 Name: DAVE FROM WISCONSIN

"GREAT FURNACE WITH A GREAT WARRANTY"
Hello all. I am a heating contractor, goodman makes a great piece of equipment, great waranties and prices. we have installed about 3600 furnaces in the past 6 years, remember we are a quality installation company as well, the furnaces have had no equipment failure yet, hard to believe, we have had calls to repair them, due to non proper maintenance and electrical switches turned off. I have been installing equipment for over 22 years. never had such gfood luck with any other brand. remember the installer must be qualified, and that doesn't mean expensive a 70,000 btu furnace install ( 2 stage variable speed 95efficient) should cost 2500 to 3000 installed thanks for reaading the chat

Date created: 2009-10-07 Name: Bob

"Good, dependable unit."
I bought my home with a Goodman installed. The unit has held up to some frigid winters and some very hot summers. The compressor was placed just outside my bedroom window by the builder and it can be annoying at times when it kicks on and off, but otherwise it has held up very well to owners that are not necessarily maintenance oriented.

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: Sherry Kitchen

"Not Impressed"
I will be calling tomorrow to talk with a manager we have a contract here for 10 years parts and labour and they are not onering the contract. I will be calling the better business or telling all my friends not to buy one and also put it on my facebook...and seek a lawyer on this matter.

Date created: 2009-08-16 Name: hvac man

"Hvac man"
Goodman makes a great product. They have a bad rap sometimes in my belief because they are installed or serviced by someone who isn't familiar or qualified with installing goodman. I have had and installed many of them without problems.

Date created: 2009-08-04 Name: Big Ben

"Paid pro installer top bucks"
I'm reading through the review and can't help respond to all the installer on this board keep yapping about "you get what you paid for" "Use a pro installer" etc. Well, guess what? I did you a pro installer and paid through the nose to get the best furnace (variable speed above 92% etc - all the bells). And... dadaaaa .... same problems as listed by all other owner on this board - the furnace fails again, and again, and again. It has nothing to do with the installation when a fan starts coming apart after 12 months (as the installer does not even touch the fan during installation - it's already installed in the unit from the factory. My advice, buy the cheapest furnace, sound insulate you furnace closet and use the cheapest installer (or put it in yourself!) Good luck (and please never again hire an expensive installer).

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: Mark W.

"Goodman Heat pumps and Furnaces."
Hi, I just wanted to state some facts about Goodman Heating and Cooling Equipment. I am a journeyman hvac installer, we install Bryant/Payne/Carrier, Trane/American Standard, Goodman/Amana and a few more. I have read a lot and I do mean a lot of negative reviews about Goodman. First off, Goodman makes an outstanding product for the money. They are not junky or garbage as some people have said. Most these "people" are complaining because of crappy installs or using shady contractors. Every furnace is like an automobile, they require a yearly inspection and or maintenance. Please use a honest and reliable contractor or installer who will stand behind their work and installation. Just some facts in percentages repairs in the last 4 years: Goodman 2.2%, Trane 3.1%, and Carrier 2.6%. And in my own home, I use a Goodman gmv 95% afue 2 stage furnace and a Goodman 14 seer heat pump. Both have never had a single problem. Yes down the road I am sure the furnace will lose the ignitor, just like a car battery will die. This is not Goodman's fault, they do not make the ignitors. Neither do Trane or Carrier for that matter. If you are considering buying a Goodman furnace or a/c unit / Heat pump. Do it they have one of the best factory warranties and do yourself a favor, Choose a known hvac installer. Remember the lowest bid isn't always the best.

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: W. WILLIAMSON

"About goodman (i'm a CONTRACTOR)"
Goodman furnaces and a/c units are not the best units in the world they are good for the price and have a good warranty.People talk real bad about goodman units, people say they have a higher break down rating than others. 1, goodman sells about 4 times as many units than any other company out there so sure there will be more break downs because there are a lot more out there if you look at %'s there will be less breakdowns than most companies. 2nd, it has to be properly sized and installed correctly if not I dont care what unit you put in, it will shorting the life of the unit and will have more break downs and you will be upset. I read some of these complaints and they have nothing to do with the units again, 80% of the problems with any furnace is due to bad maintenance and bad installation

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>