Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: JoAnn Collin

"Very Unhappy"
We have owned our heater/airconditioner for a little over 10 years. Every single year we have had trouble with our unit. The heat exchangers are always whats wrong. They peel open, like someone used a can opener on them. Yes we did have a warranty, but we still had to pay out of pocket for repairs. If I could afford a new heater, I would get one, and it would not be a goodman!!!!!!! Once again here it is cold out, and we don't have a heater, because ares is broken again!!

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Rick

"HVAC Installer/Servicer"
I am an HVAC contractor and have installed many Goodman furnaces, including in my own homes. They are a very good product with tremendous value. Being very familiar with many brands, all of them have troubles based not as much on quality of product but more on proper installation and maintenance. Furnaces today are much more fragile. The technology allowing greater efficiency creates a greater opportunity for failures. Most failures occur from the above mentioned - lack of tune-ups and filter changing. Unfortunately, Goodman Manufacturing takes the hit on its reputation, as any other when compared under similar circumstances. The biggest trouble is that when people shop, they like the lowest price. You don't see the value you lose until the trouble begins, and then find out the installation was done poorly. Units installed by reputable contractors and maintained regularly last as long or longer than higher priced equipment used and installed similarly. Buyer beware. This is a major investment. Low price usually defeats value which in the longer term cost you less.

Date created: 2009-12-05 Name: J. Kozlevcar

"Joekoz"
Furnace was not built properly at the factory. a wire to gas valve Hi was absent. Goodman qc did not detect the problem, and I had to troubleshoot and find the problem with the installer. Factory claimed it was installer's fault. Never buy another Goodman, as they do not stand behind their product. Cost me extra $500 so far.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Brad

"Brad from Illinois"
Going into my fourth winter, and I have never had a single problem with the furnace or air.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: Paul

"Unsatisfied Purchase"
I've had a Goodman furnace for 10 years. It worked good for the first three years but after that I've had nothing but problems year after year. I would expect to get for more years out of a furnace than have to worry about replacing parts year after year. This year I just found out that the circut board is failing and it will cost around $600 to replace with labor because it has to be re-wired. I'm not sticking that much in a money pit anymore, I'm going to replace it

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: d. kraut

"Not happy"
We installed a goodman furnace 2 weeks ago and already having problems. it locked out and now wont cycle through. we did as we were told and still nothing. it was installed by a pro and he is even baffled. not to happy with this furnace at all.

Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: G. Smith

"No Heat Again!!!!"
I have purchased three brand new Goodman Furnaces less than two years ago, two of the units work great I have never had a problem with them, the third furnace has been nothing but headaches Sunday night at 9:00pm I received the call "No Heat Again" I sent the service tech out to take care of the problem he found it to be a High limit relay was gone replaced it Monday afternoon, Tuesday evening 8:00pm another call "No Heat Again" This is getting to be an issue that I have been dealing with for two months off and on. What do I do???

Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: Tom Skarvada

"Great Goodman"
This Goodman furnace replaced a 12 year old Carrier, which had problems every single year. The retrofit was straight forward, the installers knew what they were doing. When the old Carrier furnace worked, it was like desert wind blasting through the house, alternating with cold silence. In contrast, the new Goodman is so quiet and it keeps temperature so constant that we don't even know when it is running. Good job, Goodman!

Date created: 2009-11-22 Name: joe

"Never believe you got what you pay for"
I can't read all reviews before I want to say sth. I used to change garage door and posts, got repair quite from $440 to $1600, I choose the cheapest because they are professional than others. Price and quality are different things. Some specialist company have good business, large market and can get better price. When you hire a licensed co, it doesn't mean the guy install your house has license. I feel 50% of installer doesn't have enough knowledge and skills, may be 5% are really good and can get you trouble free. HVAC installation are often overcharged. %65/hour is usually professional rate in construction, yet HVAC charges $100~150, yet still leave most problems of the industry. The only way is: never trust contract or think them honest, and study as many as you can, contact installers as many as you can or get info from friends, then stick to good one. It is a joke said "made in USA" or like "BMW". Made in USA using parts from all world and quality may be worse than made in China! Does any USA car more reliable then those made in Asia? Hints: If an unit needs power off/reset then work fine, it means the firmware has unaccepted bug. If an unit used 8 years+, capacitors may dry. Annual clean of sensors etc are helpful.

Date created: 2009-11-20 Name: A.Mark

"Goodman Terrible"
I have had to replace the ignitor switch 4 of the last 5 yrs at a cost of $200+ each time. Only response from Goodman was canned email saying they stand by their product. Would never ever buy a Goodman again.

<< Previous151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>