Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: Tom Skarvada

"Great Goodman"
This Goodman furnace replaced a 12 year old Carrier, which had problems every single year. The retrofit was straight forward, the installers knew what they were doing. When the old Carrier furnace worked, it was like desert wind blasting through the house, alternating with cold silence. In contrast, the new Goodman is so quiet and it keeps temperature so constant that we don't even know when it is running. Good job, Goodman!

Date created: 2009-11-22 Name: joe

"Never believe you got what you pay for"
I can't read all reviews before I want to say sth. I used to change garage door and posts, got repair quite from $440 to $1600, I choose the cheapest because they are professional than others. Price and quality are different things. Some specialist company have good business, large market and can get better price. When you hire a licensed co, it doesn't mean the guy install your house has license. I feel 50% of installer doesn't have enough knowledge and skills, may be 5% are really good and can get you trouble free. HVAC installation are often overcharged. %65/hour is usually professional rate in construction, yet HVAC charges $100~150, yet still leave most problems of the industry. The only way is: never trust contract or think them honest, and study as many as you can, contact installers as many as you can or get info from friends, then stick to good one. It is a joke said "made in USA" or like "BMW". Made in USA using parts from all world and quality may be worse than made in China! Does any USA car more reliable then those made in Asia? Hints: If an unit needs power off/reset then work fine, it means the firmware has unaccepted bug. If an unit used 8 years+, capacitors may dry. Annual clean of sensors etc are helpful.

Date created: 2009-11-20 Name: A.Mark

"Goodman Terrible"
I have had to replace the ignitor switch 4 of the last 5 yrs at a cost of $200+ each time. Only response from Goodman was canned email saying they stand by their product. Would never ever buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2009-11-19 Name: V. B.Shelby

"Absolutely Awful"
I have had to replace so many parts I can't mention them all. I had the a coil replaced less than two years ago and the replacement has already developed a leak and must be replaced. Of course it's out of warranty. This is the poorest product I have ever purchased.

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: Gary Wells

"GOODMAN downdraft furnace."
I installed a Goodman furnace and it worked perfectly for 1 1/2 to 2 years. I am now having problems pertaining to the electronics of the system. Pressure switches, limit switches and circuit board have all been replaced and it still has problems. Sometimes it won't work at all, sometimes it will start and then shut down before the temp is reached, giving me a pressure switch fault, or limit switch fault, or a restart fault. How can it go from running perfectly to not working at all. I would not recomend this furnace brand and I plan on replacing it. I figure a few more service calls will pay for a new furnace. How difficult can it be, there are only so many thing to go wrong and it seems that I have them all.

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: B Brown

"Maintenance"
New Units with Goodman electric heater, problems from day one. Heater strips going out, heaters won't shut off,squencers bad. Goodman keeps saying installation people Bull****. Bad compontents and they blame the insatllers.

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: R. Simpson

"RES"
Just purchase a Goodman furnace and it works great! It heats my home extremely well!

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: Tom in SD

"Very good machine"
This furnace replaced a junky Carrier. What a difference! The Goodman is much more silent, the temp does not cycle up and down. Great choice.

Date created: 2009-11-02 Name: KET

"Heat exchanger already bad"
The heating season just started and the heat exchanger on my furnace just went. Not even 2 yrs old yet - I have to wait 7-10 days to get a new one and I have to pay for shipping !!!! I also have to pay for the installer to put it in and I am running electric heaters- there goes my electric bill !!!! Never again - my brother had one to be installed and he said No thanks.

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: dj

"Love our goodman"
We bought our goodman for our mobile last month. we bought our mobile and were told that the colemen in then was only 5 years old., turns out it was 15 years old. we looked around and we got a $6000 goodman for $4500 and that was because we had a famly member who worked for the dealer we bought from. it works great!!!!!!!! And I have friends who have had their goodman for 10 years with out a problem. I had to laugh at the one post who said they had a goodman for over 10 years and goodman would not fix it for free. hello its a 10 year warrenty. thats like taking you ford or chev in a year after the warrenty is done and wanting a free fix. lol goodman makes a great furnace. I have worked as an installers helper with gas furnaces(good and bad) if you want a cheap job expect a bad working furnace. you get what you paid for. pay the extra cash and get a great job and great furnace. The people we bought from had a bad installer. he put the wrong size furnace in and the living room has no heat register and the heat would not enter from the kitchen. after the dealer was here he measured the house all the windows and doors. and he said what we needed. 2 days later we had the new goodman installed. after the furnace was installed the heat came on and blew from the kitchen into the livingroom. If any friends want a new furnace I would tell them to look at the goodman. much much better then the colemen

<< Previous151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>