Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous14151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: T. Gordon

"Kentucky gordon's"
Had it served/cleaned every year. Had to replace a ignitor this year. Over the past 7 years, we have spent 635.00 dollar to maintain and repair the unit.

Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: Bob

"Goodman downdraft furnace"
Furnace was installed new the year before I bought this house. It has been nothing but problems. The circuit board continues to give random fault numbers, but mostly the impeller fan faults. I've finally figured out that it really is the board that's going bad. The manufacturer hasn't properly soldered the large connector and the board is placed too close to the long flue that the downdraft furnaces have. The net result is a heat related failure at the connector. I will never buy nor recommend a Goodman/Janitrol to anyone.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: Betty Deepe

"It's -17 degrees and I have no heat--again!!"
I bought two Goodman furnaces, one for the first floor and one for the second and third floors. The top one is fine and the first one is a real dog! The flames burn about 2-3 minutes and then they cut out and the blower keeps blowing cold air for another 5-6 minutes until the flames cut back on. The thermostat is set at 85 and the house is less than 60 degrees. So far I have a new circuit board, new flame sensor and now the installer is going for a new gas valve. Do I feel duped? Yep.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: T. Norton

"Ms"
We built our new home last year (occupied in Aug 08) and installed both Goodman Heat and AC units but have experienced repeated problems. Service repairs have included several freon leaks and finally replacing of the coil. Total service cost to date roughly $1000, which weren't warrantied. (and yes, we shopped around for pricing). We are frugal and keep the temps low at 65 while away and 67 while at home. But, we still have outrageous electricity bills. The Goodman unit runs for 10-15 minutes, cuts off and then cuts back on in 2-3 minutes and it never gets warm. It just uses electricity. We too, wrote the Goodman Company Consumer Affairs and received a letter from their legal department stating that we signed a liability release form that they would cover $200. Their website states they pride themselves on quality and reputation. It doesn't fit with their response in my opinion. A new system shouldn't be operating like this. Why won't they stand behind their product? The cost of this unit was high and we thought we were getting a reputable product but obviously not so. After reading all the negative comments posted here, it makes me wonder if it will take a class action lawsuit to get their attention. Goodman, you obviously have a product issue.

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: D Muncy

"Poor installers great system"
I am shocked at some reviews. I have a 140 year old home and run two units. One for the living areas and one for the bedrooms. In 12 years, I have replaced the ignitors 2 times and the high pressure start up switch for the A/C on one pump. Ignitors can be bought at any shop for about 30 bucks. I clean/vacuum out the dust and oil the motor bearings as maintenance yearly. These units run great.

Date created: 2009-12-21 Name: L. Gage
Location: Phoenix

"Fan and Circuit card failed"
I have read the reviews but this unit came with the house which was new two years ago. The first year, the fan came apart (felt and sounded like it was going to come down through the ceiling!). Now, it is the second winter and the circuit card has failed. Why is this a good unit? Supposedly installed by a professional company that does a lot of business here in Phoenix.

Date created: 2009-12-19 Name: Cathy Crutchfield

"Not happy"
Purchased this unit in Fall of '96. First repair came in January of 2003 on Superbowl Sunday and it cost $225 to have someone come and repair it. Furnace broke down again in the Winter of 2004. Repairs cost $354. Now, one week before Christmas of 2009, I came home to find the heater was not working and the repairman informed us that the heat exchanger is cracked and would cost around $2000 to have it repaired. I payed over $4000 to have this furnace installed. I am not at all happy with this purchase. Will never buy a Goodman heater again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: Frank Gentile
Location: IL

"GOODMAN FURNACE"
I moved in my home 6 years ago and replaced every thing new. We've put a Goodman furnace. I have been very unhappy with this furnace. Every year, I have to replace the ignitor because it keeps going out twice a year for the last 6 years. It cost me $79.00 every time the man comes. He installed it and can't find out what's wrong with this furnace. Maybe you can tell me? I came home tonight (I live in IL) and it's 100 outside. Tonight, I worked late and came home with no heat. I'm very upset and very unsatisfied with your product. Can you help me out? Thank you!

Date created: 2009-12-14 Name: T. Malella

"Goodman HVAC 120-5"
We have had to have the AC worked on every year. It always leaks. The original contractor sent a repair guy out twice who wanted to charge us even though it was under warranty. Then the heater went out on the coldest day in winter. The contractor came out this time and found a rat in the system because he hadn't put a grill over the vent pipe. Now, our system is leaking Carbon Monoxide that set off our alarms. We've had to use our fireplace and have been waiting 2 weeks for Goodman to send us the $140 Flue collector box. It's made out of plastic, has no seals to prevent leakage of soot, and has cracked in three places by the fan motor. There is thick black soot in the water collector. We cleaned that out but it should never have collected and backed up with that much soot.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Jim Schultz,Pendleton, IN

"Poor warranty,quality,service calls are on you"
2nd season. 95% efficient furnace. have had all kinds of trouble with it. parts can be warranty but the labor and truck charges will make you a poor man. have had numerous service calls ran on and off first winter, this winter controller board is out, cost me $180 to have someone service it. Junk is junk.. goodman was a big mistake... Should have gone with someone with a better product saved my self a lot of time, money and angst.

<< Previous14151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>