Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: A. Cherid

"Goodman is not a good man"
I have a Goodman furnace for just two years and I have to replace the circuit board. Three parts replacement like this, will end up costing the price of a new furnace. All what I can say is: this furnace is a piece of junk.

Date created: 2010-01-09 Name: Mr. Saville

"Goodman = Garbage"
Just bought a house early December with what was told to me to be a 2006 installed Goodman. Well, it's early January and the heat exchanger bought the farm and it now needs to be replaced!! Had my service guy tell me it's actually a 2001 model making it actually 9 years old. Long story short I'm not impressed and I just sold my old house with a brand new Trane which worked amazing!! Well I'm buying a new Ruud and have a really good installer who is local in my town. Goodman is garbage!! Good luck to the previous owners of my home in there next life as a dung beetle!!

Date created: 2010-01-09 Name: Bill

"About to go Goodman..nervous and scared"
I have a 26 year old Sears/Bryant furnace that has given us no problems as we have just moved into this home, but know time-wise I am looking at a change. Want better efficiency and to take worries of having an older furnace out of the equation. The installers are young, but work full time for a reputable HVAC company who has been in business a l-o-n-g time. I have installed a downdraft furnace myself in the past and also added a/c to an f/a furnace that had no a/c so I an not a total newbie. I have read every review here. I tend to agree that the squeaky wheel leaves the bad reviews and the happy people never look at sites like this. Here is my point: I fail to see what the installer could have possibly done to cause at east 90% of the problems quoted here. Sure, if a guy installed a wrong part then he is an idiot likely, but to the installers out there that defend Goodman will you please tell me what you could do wrong to cause repeat blower motor failures...failed heat exchangers in single digit years, sure idiot that just said kill a bad heat tube rather than repair was another idiot, but come on....failing sensors, heat exchangers, motors, multiple ignitors, etc. are difficult to install so incorrectly as to cause repeat failures. It sounds like Goodman has some quality control issues either with part suppliers, in-house testing, etc. My unit will be a 92% dual stage unit with new a coil that will handle r22 or new 410 (?) freon when Armstrong 10 seer goes out. It seems like 95% units have much better quality control. Have the Goodman's improved significantly since 2007-2008? Sorry, but I see a bunch of Goodmans out there that if they were cars would be perfect fits for the lemon laws. I think there can be some fault attributed to install, but this is conjecture. Rarely have we had someone admit that heir issue turned out all the time to be a bad install, just installers who would like to toot their own horns. Unless we know the install was bad, let's not guess but offer a quality installers opinion of exactly what could have been done wrong. I am still on the fence. Two full time employees and an a/c shop want a grand to install a 92% two stage Goodman, new line set to Condenser (newer Armstrong with evidence of a compressor failure. Filters still installed on both lines says it was likely a catastrophic compressor failure. New Line set prudent since condenser stays. New a coil, one return air added, and removal of working unit. They will pull vacuum and fill system. Haul off, etc. $2300 out the door. Current unit is 90,000 btu input on 1700 sq. ft. home. They admitted labor and profit of about $500 each using two men. (I do the pvc pipes through the roof). Easy install in large closet. Crawl is 4' deep with 100% heavy visqueen over all dirt. Straight away job. Small home with one central return air. I could probably do myself being unemployed. Have 40# of fresh r22, manifold set, and own new vacuum pump. I am really concerned about Goodman quality "installer screw-ups". Would like to see installers step-up and address issues as to whether it is likely the installer be given the blame...

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: Paul Kenneth Jordan

"Kennneth Jordan"
Been a very good unit until now. Fan motor went out 18 days ago. Having problems getting a replacement part. I hope we get this motor soon. It's been the coldest winter in years. It's been a very efficient unit. Hopefully, Goodman can get this taken care of soon.

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: T. Gordon

"Kentucky gordon's"
Had it served/cleaned every year. Had to replace a ignitor this year. Over the past 7 years, we have spent 635.00 dollar to maintain and repair the unit.

Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: Bob

"Goodman downdraft furnace"
Furnace was installed new the year before I bought this house. It has been nothing but problems. The circuit board continues to give random fault numbers, but mostly the impeller fan faults. I've finally figured out that it really is the board that's going bad. The manufacturer hasn't properly soldered the large connector and the board is placed too close to the long flue that the downdraft furnaces have. The net result is a heat related failure at the connector. I will never buy nor recommend a Goodman/Janitrol to anyone.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: Betty Deepe

"It's -17 degrees and I have no heat--again!!"
I bought two Goodman furnaces, one for the first floor and one for the second and third floors. The top one is fine and the first one is a real dog! The flames burn about 2-3 minutes and then they cut out and the blower keeps blowing cold air for another 5-6 minutes until the flames cut back on. The thermostat is set at 85 and the house is less than 60 degrees. So far I have a new circuit board, new flame sensor and now the installer is going for a new gas valve. Do I feel duped? Yep.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: T. Norton

"Ms"
We built our new home last year (occupied in Aug 08) and installed both Goodman Heat and AC units but have experienced repeated problems. Service repairs have included several freon leaks and finally replacing of the coil. Total service cost to date roughly $1000, which weren't warrantied. (and yes, we shopped around for pricing). We are frugal and keep the temps low at 65 while away and 67 while at home. But, we still have outrageous electricity bills. The Goodman unit runs for 10-15 minutes, cuts off and then cuts back on in 2-3 minutes and it never gets warm. It just uses electricity. We too, wrote the Goodman Company Consumer Affairs and received a letter from their legal department stating that we signed a liability release form that they would cover $200. Their website states they pride themselves on quality and reputation. It doesn't fit with their response in my opinion. A new system shouldn't be operating like this. Why won't they stand behind their product? The cost of this unit was high and we thought we were getting a reputable product but obviously not so. After reading all the negative comments posted here, it makes me wonder if it will take a class action lawsuit to get their attention. Goodman, you obviously have a product issue.

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: D Muncy

"Poor installers great system"
I am shocked at some reviews. I have a 140 year old home and run two units. One for the living areas and one for the bedrooms. In 12 years, I have replaced the ignitors 2 times and the high pressure start up switch for the A/C on one pump. Ignitors can be bought at any shop for about 30 bucks. I clean/vacuum out the dust and oil the motor bearings as maintenance yearly. These units run great.

Date created: 2009-12-21 Name: L. Gage
Location: Phoenix

"Fan and Circuit card failed"
I have read the reviews but this unit came with the house which was new two years ago. The first year, the fan came apart (felt and sounded like it was going to come down through the ceiling!). Now, it is the second winter and the circuit card has failed. Why is this a good unit? Supposedly installed by a professional company that does a lot of business here in Phoenix.

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>