Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Steven Cote

"Best Brand Around"
You can't get a better A/C unit, period. Goodman does not advertise to the homeowner like others do which means more $ in your pocket! Make sure to get a good A/C guy to install it or you will have problems, like any other manufacturer.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: T. Clement

"Comfort Consultant"
Have you ever heard the saying "sounds like a broken record". Well, everyone with problems with Goodman products pay attention. If you hire "frank, the furnace guy" then you deserve what you get. 3 things to consider when purchasing any new system. 1) are they licensed & insured? 2) are they gonna pull a permit? and 3) are the installers factory certified? So before you cry the blues about your "so-called inferior products" do your homework on your contractors because any legal co. will stand behind their work and products!

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: Dave's Heating & Cooling

"Listen people"
I have been in the heat and air business for 25 years. I started my own business about 7 years ago... I don't care if you have the most expensive piece of equipment. If it's not installed properly, it will fail prematurely... Duct sizing, purging and evacuating the line set is soooooo important to the performance of any machine with mechanical parts.

Date created: 2010-02-01 Name: Bob Evans

"Bob in Virginia"
Replaced my old Carrier unit 2 years ago with a Goodman 3.5 ton unit. Runs great. Have had no problems with it at all. When the a/c comes on, it feels like someone opened a refrigerator door and the cool air blows across your feet. My bills are a little lower but I'm a whole lot more comfortable temp wise. Would highly recommend Goodman.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: J Silver

"The goodman furnace is bull****"
This is the second year with our Goodman (haha) so called furnace!! We call the "installer/service guy" 3 or 4 times a week. He has come out 3 times in the last 3 months, just looks at it and says he doesn't know what the problem is..... This is my second winter without heat and I'm pissed. The thing never worked even when brand new and the "service guy" is no help. What good is a warranty if you can't get the installer/service guy to honor it!!

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: CJ

"FRUSTRATING"
The furnace is 5 years old, I bought the house 1.5 yrs ago. I have had issues with the furnace from the start. I had a serviceman out 3 days in a row now (of coarse the problems happen on the weekends). They finally got a Goodman tech on the phone today. The installers connected a hose incorrectly causing water to build up and plug the lines - making the furnace shut off or not work at all. It has been corrected - we'll see how it goes.

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: Tracy Zurcher

"Goodman furnace Beware"
We have had more problems with this furnace than you can shake a stick at. Replaced ignitor switch twice, valves twice, now cracks in 2 of four heat exchangers. We have already sunk nearly $800 into repairs, and my children woke up to a cold house again today!

Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Paul

"Installer / service man"
I have been an installer/service man for over 10 years. I have seen problems with every HVAC-R manufacturer. 99% of the problems with furnaces new to 5 years old are installation problems. I have seen plenty of hack installs, even from guys in my company! I don't care what make of a furnace or air conditioner you have put in your house. If it is not sized for your house and duct work or installed properly, you will have nothing but problems. As for all the complaints of circuit boards that I have seen on this site, the 80% downflow furnaces need to have double wall (b-vent) pipe ran from the inducer motor. I've seen most contractors (my guys included) that would only run single wall pipe inside the furnace. I have seen the heat burn out many circuit boards wire harnesses and pressure switches. Any furnace that I have serviced that was less than 5 years old (Goodman, Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Ruud, etc) was and installation or lack of maintenance issue.

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: Steve See

"Worst i've ever owned"
Problem after problem. Will never buy another.

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: A. Cherid

"Goodman is not a good man"
I have a Goodman furnace for just two years and I have to replace the circuit board. Three parts replacement like this, will end up costing the price of a new furnace. All what I can say is: this furnace is a piece of junk.

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>