Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2010-02-16 Name: Greg Ellis

"Goodman =hot garbage"
I bought a Goodman furnace about 5 1/2 yrs ago and it is garbage. I began having problems after about a year. Every year, something is going out on it. I have to keep a home warranty because I know the unit will mess up at any time. Don't waste your money on this junk. Get a name brand unit. It may cost more but in the long run, you will end up saving. This year, I'm getting that garbage out of my house. I wish I could dump it at their corporate office front door attached with a note.

Date created: 2010-02-16 Name: George Duricic

"G Duricic"
Installed easily and has worked flawless since. Noticed a big difference in comfort in the home over my previous Sears 80% furnace. People who have had problems probably were installed incorrectly. The 3" recommended flue and fresh air need to be done right for proper performance.

Date created: 2010-02-15 Name: R. Vance

"Thinking of getting a Goodman!"
Disclaimer: I am not nor ever have been affiliated with any company or product that sells, installs or services heating or air conditioning equipment! I have read a lot of these reviews and especially the two of the AC company owner and the long dissertation on page 1 of the guy looking for the reasons how you could mess up enough on the installs to create a lot of these repeat failures. I will attempt to explain how this can happen. 1. Concerning the 5 ignitors. They are like those 150Watt long tubular hologen bulbs. If your installer touches the flat plate and gets oil from his fingers on it, it will shorten the life of the ignitor. Standard hot plate ignitors should last between 3 and 5 years. Silicon nitrite ones should last about 15 years. 2. As for the circuit boards: there can be several reasons of pre-mature or multiple failures. If a single wall P-vent was installed instead of a double wall P-vent, this can cause the compartment where the board is located to get overheated and eventually fail. Another reason is lightning or a surge on the power lines by the Electric Co. (with all the electronics now being used in furnaces and AC units both a surge protector and a lightning arrestor should be used.) 3. Fan and heat exchanger failure! If the ducts are not sized properly so that the air flow across the heat exchanger is sufficient enough to keep it from getting hotter than its designed to withstand on a consistent basis causing the metal to be stressed and crack or split at the seems. The same duct sizing can also put an undue load on the circulating fan which causes the windings in the motor to run hot which in turn causes it to burn out. One reviewer even blamed the furnace for not sending heat to the upstairs rooms. That's absurd. The furnace has little to do with the air flow to upstairs. If no air is getting there, it's the duct designs fault. Some people think you can just swap out furnaces and never have a J load or static pressure test done to determine whether the new furnace will match up with the existing ducts size. If you watch DIY's Network show, HOLMES ON HOMES and see what some so-called contractors are doing to the unsuspecting public you would understand. Ever wonder why there are so many Heating and AC companies in the phone book? Buy a van, put some lettering on the side and get a few tools of the trade and you have a Heating and AC company. With the above being said there are "Lemons" in every product out there. Can anyone say "Toyota"? The old adage: "Buyer beware" applies. Do your home work and get the knowledge to understand what questions to ask your Heating companies installer or service person. If they don't know the answers, get someone that does! One reviewer said his "service guy" had been called so many times to fix their unit that he said he didn't know what the problem was. This guy should have been fired after the second call and the problem wasn't resolved. I could go on but you should get the idea by now. Thank you!

Date created: 2010-02-14 Name: Matt Beck

"Matt beck"
I installed a 92% variable furnace and have had a great experience with it. I have not had one problem.

Date created: 2010-02-10 Name: Michelle Price

"Goodman gas furnaces are DANGEROUS"
The Goodman/Amana brands of gas furnaces have a quality issue that has gone unreported and will likely lead to a recall or serious accident. The gas nozzle threads leak gas into the unit and has been a known defect for the last 6 months but has gone unresolved due to design and manufacturing short falls. Heavy inspection and testing has also had limited success assuring defective systems are out there. I would highly recommend another manufacturer.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Teresa Loffer

"Not a single year without problems!"
Three years after installation in our brand new house, our Goodman furnace needed all of the innerds replaced. Even after that, the same problem... furnace kicks on, kicks off, kicks on, kicks off. Then it shuts off completely. We wake up so cold some mornings without heat all night. I would just as soon rip the entire system out and replace it, but unfortunately I can't afford to do that. So, we're using space heaters in our 10 year old home. I've had four different teams of HVAC and they can't figure out the problem.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Freddy D.

"I will always buy goodman."
My first Goodman was installed in 1986 and all I did was change filters. Never a service call. My present Goodman, a 95% efficient unit has been in use since 1996. All I have done is change filters. I never even oiled it and it also runs like a top. I have never had a more reliable piece of equipment.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Steven Cote

"Best Brand Around"
You can't get a better A/C unit, period. Goodman does not advertise to the homeowner like others do which means more $ in your pocket! Make sure to get a good A/C guy to install it or you will have problems, like any other manufacturer.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: T. Clement

"Comfort Consultant"
Have you ever heard the saying "sounds like a broken record". Well, everyone with problems with Goodman products pay attention. If you hire "frank, the furnace guy" then you deserve what you get. 3 things to consider when purchasing any new system. 1) are they licensed & insured? 2) are they gonna pull a permit? and 3) are the installers factory certified? So before you cry the blues about your "so-called inferior products" do your homework on your contractors because any legal co. will stand behind their work and products!

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: Dave's Heating & Cooling

"Listen people"
I have been in the heat and air business for 25 years. I started my own business about 7 years ago... I don't care if you have the most expensive piece of equipment. If it's not installed properly, it will fail prematurely... Duct sizing, purging and evacuating the line set is soooooo important to the performance of any machine with mechanical parts.

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>