Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2010-02-14 Name: Matt Beck

"Matt beck"
I installed a 92% variable furnace and have had a great experience with it. I have not had one problem.

Date created: 2010-02-10 Name: Michelle Price

"Goodman gas furnaces are DANGEROUS"
The Goodman/Amana brands of gas furnaces have a quality issue that has gone unreported and will likely lead to a recall or serious accident. The gas nozzle threads leak gas into the unit and has been a known defect for the last 6 months but has gone unresolved due to design and manufacturing short falls. Heavy inspection and testing has also had limited success assuring defective systems are out there. I would highly recommend another manufacturer.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Teresa Loffer

"Not a single year without problems!"
Three years after installation in our brand new house, our Goodman furnace needed all of the innerds replaced. Even after that, the same problem... furnace kicks on, kicks off, kicks on, kicks off. Then it shuts off completely. We wake up so cold some mornings without heat all night. I would just as soon rip the entire system out and replace it, but unfortunately I can't afford to do that. So, we're using space heaters in our 10 year old home. I've had four different teams of HVAC and they can't figure out the problem.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Freddy D.

"I will always buy goodman."
My first Goodman was installed in 1986 and all I did was change filters. Never a service call. My present Goodman, a 95% efficient unit has been in use since 1996. All I have done is change filters. I never even oiled it and it also runs like a top. I have never had a more reliable piece of equipment.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Steven Cote

"Best Brand Around"
You can't get a better A/C unit, period. Goodman does not advertise to the homeowner like others do which means more $ in your pocket! Make sure to get a good A/C guy to install it or you will have problems, like any other manufacturer.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: T. Clement

"Comfort Consultant"
Have you ever heard the saying "sounds like a broken record". Well, everyone with problems with Goodman products pay attention. If you hire "frank, the furnace guy" then you deserve what you get. 3 things to consider when purchasing any new system. 1) are they licensed & insured? 2) are they gonna pull a permit? and 3) are the installers factory certified? So before you cry the blues about your "so-called inferior products" do your homework on your contractors because any legal co. will stand behind their work and products!

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: Dave's Heating & Cooling

"Listen people"
I have been in the heat and air business for 25 years. I started my own business about 7 years ago... I don't care if you have the most expensive piece of equipment. If it's not installed properly, it will fail prematurely... Duct sizing, purging and evacuating the line set is soooooo important to the performance of any machine with mechanical parts.

Date created: 2010-02-01 Name: Bob Evans

"Bob in Virginia"
Replaced my old Carrier unit 2 years ago with a Goodman 3.5 ton unit. Runs great. Have had no problems with it at all. When the a/c comes on, it feels like someone opened a refrigerator door and the cool air blows across your feet. My bills are a little lower but I'm a whole lot more comfortable temp wise. Would highly recommend Goodman.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: J Silver

"The goodman furnace is bull****"
This is the second year with our Goodman (haha) so called furnace!! We call the "installer/service guy" 3 or 4 times a week. He has come out 3 times in the last 3 months, just looks at it and says he doesn't know what the problem is..... This is my second winter without heat and I'm pissed. The thing never worked even when brand new and the "service guy" is no help. What good is a warranty if you can't get the installer/service guy to honor it!!

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: CJ

"FRUSTRATING"
The furnace is 5 years old, I bought the house 1.5 yrs ago. I have had issues with the furnace from the start. I had a serviceman out 3 days in a row now (of coarse the problems happen on the weekends). They finally got a Goodman tech on the phone today. The installers connected a hose incorrectly causing water to build up and plug the lines - making the furnace shut off or not work at all. It has been corrected - we'll see how it goes.

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>